Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lucageorge
    • By lucageorge 3rd Dec 16, 5:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lucageorge
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd
    • 3rd Dec 16, 5:16 PM
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd 3rd Dec 16 at 5:16 PM
    Has anyone had any success with any organisations when complaining about the poor service of Private Parking Appeals Ltd?

In short:
    1. I applied to them to challenge a private parking ticket
    2. They advise they 'aim to provide a response within 3 working days' but it ran into weeks of me chasing them
    3. They claimed they had email problems at their end
    4. They claimed they had sent me a document to complete (which I had no record of) and I should check my spam folder
    5. I've sent several emails to which I got no response
    6. I twice asked to raise a complaint and didn't get a response telling me how
    7. I reported them to my bank to initiate a chargeback and when I told Private Parking Appeals Ltd they wrote to me to suggest I had libelled their company and that they were now going to write to my bank about me (surely there's a data protection issue there!)
    8. I've submitted to the Legal Ombudsman as I can't progress things any further with PPA.
    9. I've since found multiple forum posts about this company (including on here and 3 more examples below but I can't include the links as a new user)

e90post[DOT]com/forums/showthread.php?t=1315081
    pepipoo[DOT]com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t99403.html
    scamadviser[DOT]com/check-website/privateparkingappeals.co.uk

Who else can I write to in order to raise awareness?

I know I won't get the £19 back (paid to PPA) but my concern is how many people out there are going through the stresses of dealing with this company whilst, meanwhile, still receiving the threatening letters from the parking charge companies of increasing the fine or issuing court papers and simultaneously still waiting for a response from Private Parking Appeals who advise you not to pay the parking charge company!
Page 9
    • Kirchenmaus
    • By Kirchenmaus 21st Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Kirchenmaus
    Are the PP's constant references to this firm operating from Glasgow meant as an inside joke, perhaps?

--Kirchenmaus
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Jan 18, 10:55 PM
    • 54,084 Posts
    • 67,732 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No, they aren't his references. The writing style is completely different in guest Blogs.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• FredElliott
    • By FredElliott 22nd Jan 18, 7:26 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    FredElliott
    Are the PP's constant references to this firm operating from Glasgow meant as an inside joke, perhaps?

--Kirchenmaus
    Originally posted by Kirchenmaus
    No one actually believes this company operates out of Glasgow, people in the parking industry all know very different.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Feb 18, 7:02 PM
    • 54,084 Posts
    • 67,732 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    More disappointing reviews in the public domain:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/privateparkingappeals.co.uk

The latest person says, and based on what is known, posters here can decide the truth of this:

''Stay away from them! As an update, I sent emails to all of their email addresses, just got reply from one of them saying my refund has been processed now. It was with a threat if I make any thing public, they will use their options etc.''.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 11th Feb 18, 7:20 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,281 Thanks
    pappa golf
    By agreeing to appeal via our service, you agree to pay our charges and you also agree that your right to cancel our services or seek a refund or chargeback via your bank are restricted.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • logician
    • By logician 11th Feb 18, 7:48 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician
    (Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

By agreeing to appeal via our service, you agree to pay our charges and you also agree that your right to cancel our services or seek a refund or chargeback via your bank are restricted.
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    No doubt fraudulent and unlawful chargebacks after receipt of services for example after winning an appeal, will and and can be legitimately pursued.

I wonder how many satisfied customers they have. Given they look to be still going strong, they must be doing something right !
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam5; 12-02-2018 at 8:40 AM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Feb 18, 7:51 PM
    • 5,689 Posts
    • 4,411 Thanks
    KeithP
    And no doubt chargebacks requested because the agreed service wasn't provided will not be contested.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Feb 18, 8:07 PM
    • 34,537 Posts
    • 18,521 Thanks
    Quentin
    I wonder how many satisfied customers they have. Given they look to be still going strong, they must be doing something right !
    Originally posted by logician
    Now,,,, you are a director so obviously don't need to "wonder"

We wonder why you flaunt the rules here as well as don't declare your vested interest with this type of promotion?
    • logician
    • By logician 11th Feb 18, 8:07 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician
    And no doubt chargebacks requested because the agreed service wasn't provided will not be contested.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Their terms also state quite clearly that there is a complaints process to follow.

Given that the nature of services could be ongoing in many cases, so services could have already been rendered, this seems to be an appropriate term.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Feb 18, 11:41 AM
    • 8,195 Posts
    • 7,524 Thanks
    The Deep
    All available here

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC492116
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

171Posts Today

1,624Users online

Martin's Twitter