Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lucageorge
    • By lucageorge 3rd Dec 16, 5:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lucageorge
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd
    • 3rd Dec 16, 5:16 PM
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd 3rd Dec 16 at 5:16 PM
    Has anyone had any success with any organisations when complaining about the poor service of Private Parking Appeals Ltd?

In short:
    1. I applied to them to challenge a private parking ticket
    2. They advise they 'aim to provide a response within 3 working days' but it ran into weeks of me chasing them
    3. They claimed they had email problems at their end
    4. They claimed they had sent me a document to complete (which I had no record of) and I should check my spam folder
    5. I've sent several emails to which I got no response
    6. I twice asked to raise a complaint and didn't get a response telling me how
    7. I reported them to my bank to initiate a chargeback and when I told Private Parking Appeals Ltd they wrote to me to suggest I had libelled their company and that they were now going to write to my bank about me (surely there's a data protection issue there!)
    8. I've submitted to the Legal Ombudsman as I can't progress things any further with PPA.
    9. I've since found multiple forum posts about this company (including on here and 3 more examples below but I can't include the links as a new user)

e90post[DOT]com/forums/showthread.php?t=1315081
    pepipoo[DOT]com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t99403.html
    scamadviser[DOT]com/check-website/privateparkingappeals.co.uk

Who else can I write to in order to raise awareness?

I know I won't get the £19 back (paid to PPA) but my concern is how many people out there are going through the stresses of dealing with this company whilst, meanwhile, still receiving the threatening letters from the parking charge companies of increasing the fine or issuing court papers and simultaneously still waiting for a response from Private Parking Appeals who advise you not to pay the parking charge company!
Page 7
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 14th Jan 18, 1:21 AM
    • 1,251 Posts
    • 2,483 Thanks
    Lamilad
    it is beyond me.
    Most things are, RD...... Don't stress your head about it, chief. Don't want you bursting any blood vessels.

Now we've all had a good laugh at your silly comment so off you toddle.
    • Kirchenmaus
    • By Kirchenmaus 14th Jan 18, 8:18 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Kirchenmaus
    full compay info including owners can be found / and seen by the general public...
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Interestingly, there is no requirement to use a director's "real name" when setting up a company in the UK. The former CEO of Telit Communications, for example, resigned after it was discovered that he had been under indictment in the US under another (but very similar) name. As far as I know, he did not commit any offence under UK law when he acted as a director for many years using a different name.

--Kirchenmaus
    • Castle
    • By Castle 14th Jan 18, 8:44 PM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 1,787 Thanks
    Castle
    Interestingly, there is no requirement to use a director's "real name" when setting up a company in the UK. The former CEO of Telit Communications, for example, resigned after it was discovered that he had been under indictment in the US under another (but very similar) name. As far as I know, he did not commit any offence under UK law when he acted as a director for many years using a different name.

--Kirchenmaus
    Originally posted by Kirchenmaus
    Section 163 (3) of the Companies Act requires all names, both current and former, to be registered:-
    https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/section/163

The fine on conviction, (under section 162), is a maximum of £5,000 plus a further potential daily fine of £500 for continual contravention.
    • bergkamp
    • By bergkamp 14th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    bergkamp

--Kirchenmaus
    And interestingly your point is..... ???
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jan 18, 1:01 AM
    • 52,728 Posts
    • 66,251 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Section 163 (3) of the Companies Act requires all names, both current and former, to be registered:-

The fine on conviction, (under section 162), is a maximum of £5,000 plus a further potential daily fine of £500 for continual contravention.
    Originally posted by Castle
    That's interesting.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Kirchenmaus
    • By Kirchenmaus 15th Jan 18, 10:57 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Kirchenmaus

Originally posted by Castle
    But, what is a name? It is how you are called. It is not necessarily what was stated on your birth certificate. However, "former name" is an interesting requirement. I wonder if anyone has ever been prosecuted for violating it?

Pappa golf had said that information on company ownership is available on Companies House. So it is. But I was surprised to learn that it is not verified information. I went through a mock company formation just for fun, and the only point I can see where any corroboration is required is at the payment stage, at which point someone has to provide valid credit card details, which is effectively a limitation on starting a company under a false name. But, only one of the directors has to be so identified (and none, I suppose, if the company is formed by an agent).

--Kirchenmaus
    • logician
    • By logician 15th Jan 18, 12:22 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    logician
    none, I suppose, if the company is formed by an agent).

--Kirchenmaus
    Not so
    Rapid Formations for example now require proof of identity including "getting to know you " documents including picture proof of identity such as passport or picture driving licence and home address of director/s. Copies of Documents to be signed as authentic by either bank or Post Office official and if these were not requested on incorporation, I have been informed they ask for them when completing the PSC statement (was Annual Return)
    Last edited by logician; Yesterday at 12:32 PM.
    TAKE PITY ON THOSE BLIND BADGERS

FOR EVERYONE ELSE - THERE IS SPECSAVERS*

* NB OTHER REPUTABLE OPTICIANS ARE AVAILABLE
    THE POSTER DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY ONE OPTICIAN
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Jan 18, 12:37 PM
    • 6,696 Posts
    • 8,638 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Not sure why this thread has gone completely off topic ?

It's all back to post #1 of this thread
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 15th Jan 18, 1:53 PM
    • 1,473 Posts
    • 1,585 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    A desperate hope by some that the less than glowing info about PPA gets buried?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Jan 18, 3:12 PM
    • 6,696 Posts
    • 8,638 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Yet you seemed to 'enjoy' the postings and going 'off topic' on the thread BG see post 105 of yours below.

What's the matter don't like the content now being posted?

Incidentally, the OP on post one was a one hit wonder to the forum. ..
    One does wonder how true some of the posts regarding the services on MSE given also the obvious 'vendetta' feeling towards PPA on this forum exposed by Quentin referring to an old PPA blog and carried on by others.

It would appear that Coupon Mad was removed from office - according to the blog
    Originally posted by logician
    All things relevant for others to read

What vendetta, we do not see a vendetta ?
    Even if there was a vendetta, surely it would
    not worry you ..... would it ?

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • logician
    • By logician 15th Jan 18, 3:25 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    logician
    All things relevant for others to read

What vendetta, we do not see a vendetta ?
    Even if there was a vendetta, surely it would
    not worry you ..... would it ?
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    So now going off topic is relevant for others to read?

Do make your mind up.

You seem unsure if there is a vendetta (?) or not, yet the disparaging comments from many on this thread against PPA or those who praise the company suggest otherwise.
    TAKE PITY ON THOSE BLIND BADGERS

FOR EVERYONE ELSE - THERE IS SPECSAVERS*

* NB OTHER REPUTABLE OPTICIANS ARE AVAILABLE
    THE POSTER DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY ONE OPTICIAN
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Jan 18, 3:31 PM
    • 6,696 Posts
    • 8,638 Thanks
    beamerguy
    So now going off topic is relevant for others to read?

Do make your mind up.

You seem unsure if there is a vendetta (?) or not, yet the disparaging comments from many on this thread against PPA or those who praise the company suggest otherwise.
    Whatever ... I will stick with coupon-mad and all the other
    great members on here who help people.
    It is after all, everything people want

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • bergkamp
    • By bergkamp 15th Jan 18, 4:06 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    bergkamp
    Yet you seemed to 'enjoy' the postings and going 'off topic' on the thread BG see post 105 of yours below.

What's the matter don't like the content now being posted?

Incidentally, the OP on post one was a one hit wonder to the forum. ..

One does wonder how true some of the posts regarding the services on MSE given also the obvious 'vendetta' feeling towards PPA on this forum exposed by Quentin referring to an old PPA blog and carried on by others.

It would appear that Coupon Mad was removed from office - according to the blog of April 2016 mentioned by Quentin when it was suggested that the company makes a post on the thread:

"PPA wishes to make it clear that (redacted insert Coupon Mad)has not been associated with the company since her termination as Company Secretary, by unanimous vote of the board, on 28 November 2015. This blog does not represent (redcated insert coupon mad views."

Maybe Quentin did as you suggested in post #100......

Plenty of people have heard about them given the number of rants by regulars on the threads who are quick to jump in and make unfounded and unsubstantiated allegations .

Their website blogs are worth a read or two as are their own customer testimonials

Firstly posters should be aware of the potential offences under Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/2

2Fraud by false representation
    (1)A person is in breach of this section if he—
    (a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and
    (b)intends, by making the representation—
    (i)to make a gain for himself or another, or
    (ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.
    (2)A representation is false if—
    (a)it is untrue or misleading, and
    (b)the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.
    (3)“Representation” means any representation as to fact or law, including a representation as to the state of mind of—
    (a)the person making the representation, or
    (b)any other person.
    (4)A representation may be express or implied.
    (5)For the purposes of this section a representation may be regarded as made if it (or anything implying it) is submitted in any form to any system or device designed to receive, convey or respond to communications (with or without human intervention).

I mean wouldn't it be absolutely dreadful if some of say the negative reviews posted were found to be false and misleading in any way and Posters here had glibly highlighted these in attempts to further discredit the company..
    • FredElliott
    • By FredElliott 15th Jan 18, 6:36 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    FredElliott
    When will Logician admit to being a director of Private Parking Appeals Ltd.
    Last edited by FredElliott; Yesterday at 8:07 PM.
    • FredElliott
    • By FredElliott 15th Jan 18, 6:41 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    FredElliott
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd is something of a busted flush.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 15th Jan 18, 6:48 PM
    • 2,234 Posts
    • 2,690 Thanks
    waamo
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd is something of a busted flush.
    Originally posted by FredElliott
    If their director ends up having to pay the costs he appears to have managed to lumber folk with I can’t see them carrying on.

Alternatively if he doesn’t pay their reputation will be shot.
    This space for hire.
    • Ryandavis1959
    • By Ryandavis1959 15th Jan 18, 7:18 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Ryandavis1959
    This is such bad advice. The poster looks to have an axe to grind on behalf of the ppcs!

Please ignore the "advice".
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Can you explain to me why nominating the driver when it wasn’t you driving is nothing but the most logical thing to do to achieve that Money Saving outcome that this website promotes?
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 15th Jan 18, 7:23 PM
    • 1,251 Posts
    • 2,483 Thanks
    Lamilad
    PPA wishes to make it clear that (redacted insert Coupon Mad)has not been associated with the company since her termination as Company Secretary, by unanimous vote of the board, on 28 November 2015. This blog does not represent (redcated insert coupon mad views."
    why have you inserted Coupon Mad where the original name has been redacted?

What are you trying to say?

Do you know something we don't? And if so how it is you know (or think you know) this information?

Something not right here... I'm just going to have another read through the forum rules to check if any have been broken. I've leave it to others to decide if any libel has taken place.

Very strange!
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    • 5,089 Posts
    • 3,545 Thanks
    KeithP
    Can you explain to me why nominating the driver when it wasn’t you driving is nothing but the most logical thing to do to achieve that Money Saving outcome that this website promotes?
    Originally posted by Ryandavis1959
    I can explain that.

If there is no way that the PPC can hold the keeper liable, then the real Money Saving outcome is to ensure that the driver doesn't have to part with any money either.

A win for both the driver and keeper. What could be better?
    • FredElliott
    • By FredElliott 15th Jan 18, 7:26 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    FredElliott
    why have you inserted Coupon Mad where the original name has been redacted?

What are you trying to say?

Do you know something we don't? And if so how it is you know (or think you know) this information?

Something not right here... I'm just going to have another read through the forum rules to check if any have been broken. I've leave it to others to decide if any libel has taken place.

Very strange!
    Originally posted by Lamilad
    She knows because she is a director of Private Parking Appeals Ltd.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,680Posts Today

8,290Users online

Martin's Twitter