Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lucageorge
    • By lucageorge 3rd Dec 16, 5:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lucageorge
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd
    • 3rd Dec 16, 5:16 PM
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd 3rd Dec 16 at 5:16 PM
    Has anyone had any success with any organisations when complaining about the poor service of Private Parking Appeals Ltd?

In short:
    1. I applied to them to challenge a private parking ticket
    2. They advise they 'aim to provide a response within 3 working days' but it ran into weeks of me chasing them
    3. They claimed they had email problems at their end
    4. They claimed they had sent me a document to complete (which I had no record of) and I should check my spam folder
    5. I've sent several emails to which I got no response
    6. I twice asked to raise a complaint and didn't get a response telling me how
    7. I reported them to my bank to initiate a chargeback and when I told Private Parking Appeals Ltd they wrote to me to suggest I had libelled their company and that they were now going to write to my bank about me (surely there's a data protection issue there!)
    8. I've submitted to the Legal Ombudsman as I can't progress things any further with PPA.
    9. I've since found multiple forum posts about this company (including on here and 3 more examples below but I can't include the links as a new user)

e90post[DOT]com/forums/showthread.php?t=1315081
    pepipoo[DOT]com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t99403.html
    scamadviser[DOT]com/check-website/privateparkingappeals.co.uk

Who else can I write to in order to raise awareness?

I know I won't get the £19 back (paid to PPA) but my concern is how many people out there are going through the stresses of dealing with this company whilst, meanwhile, still receiving the threatening letters from the parking charge companies of increasing the fine or issuing court papers and simultaneously still waiting for a response from Private Parking Appeals who advise you not to pay the parking charge company!
Page 6
    • bergkamp
    • By bergkamp 11th Jan 18, 10:40 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    bergkamp
    Plenty of people have heard about them given the number of rants by regulars on the threads who are quick to jump in and make unfounded and unsubstantiated allegations .

Their website blogs are worth a read or two as are their own customer testimonials
    Originally posted by logician

You have to 'know' when a blog post is going to turn up though don't you.... Bit irregular aren't they.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    • 34,107 Posts
    • 18,058 Thanks
    Quentin

Their website blogs are worth a read or two as are their own customer testimonials

This thread is full of their customer "testimonials"

Seems like plenty on the forum have it in for the company mentioned ....

One does wonder why

Dunno why anyone from the company being complained about should post here about MSE forum people having "it in" for the company bearing in mind their April 22, 2016 blog on MSE, (and subsequent forays here as "innocent philanthropic posters")
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 11th Jan 18, 11:14 PM
    • 1,254 Posts
    • 2,489 Thanks
    Lamilad
    I mean wouldn't it be absolutely dreadful if some of say the negative reviews posted were found to be false and misleading in any way and Posters here had glibly highlighted these in attempts to further discredit the company..
    How would you prove that? And who would you target?

Your veiled threats are pure fantasy.

That had needs more tin foil.
    • logician
    • By logician 11th Jan 18, 11:17 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    logician

Dunno why anyone from the company being complained about should post here about MSE forum people having "it in" for the company bearing in mind their April 22, 2016 blog on MSE,
    Originally posted by Quentin

Sorry Quentin - I am still waiting for your apology and as I previously stated perhaps the company should be invited to make a formal response and have this hosted on this thread, instead of you making assumptions and innuendo, together with downright false statements about me.

That blog is very interesting reading as does that linked in blog

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/phil-hilsden-sentenced-today.html

However, given that MSE and the forums (fora) are separate legal entities to the users and posters on various MSE forums (fora), again I am unclear as to the relevance. It appears that some of the forum regulars have an axe to grind to two and as posters are indeed responsible for their own posts, given that MSE can provide information as deemed applicable under the Defamation Act 2013 if needed.
    Last edited by logician; 11-01-2018 at 11:22 PM.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Jan 18, 12:39 AM
    • 6,735 Posts
    • 8,719 Thanks
    beamerguy
    WHOOPS . under starters order again ...... and it's off

How will this pan out by tomorrow, I will wait, normally
    when I want a laugh in the morning, it's a read of the
    Mail online with my coffee, but as the tension is growing
    again, this thread will be my first read.

This is better than Emmerdale or Corri.

Can't help thinking that there is a ventriloquist involved

I will leave you tonight with the thought of the day

NEW POSTERS BE ADVISED
    DO NOT respond to a PM (Private message) unless
    the person has a min of 1000 posts.
    This is for your safety and protection

If you have not received a service yet you have paid
    REPORT THIS TO TRADING STANDARDS

IT'S A MUST FOR 2018
    Last edited by beamerguy; 12-01-2018 at 12:50 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • bergkamp
    • By bergkamp 12th Jan 18, 1:20 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    bergkamp
    Sorry Quentin - I am still waiting for your apology and as I previously stated perhaps the company should be invited to make a formal response and have this hosted on this thread, instead of you making assumptions and innuendo, together with downright false statements about me.

That blog is very interesting reading as does that linked in blog

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/phil-hilsden-sentenced-today.html

However, given that MSE and the forums (fora) are separate legal entities to the users and posters on various MSE forums (fora), again I am unclear as to the relevance. It appears that some of the forum regulars have an axe to grind to two and as posters are indeed responsible for their own posts, given that MSE can provide information as deemed applicable under the Defamation Act 2013 if needed.

I remember the Saturday in early 2015 when he bombarded the forums with his allegations...

Why have you posted the link though?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=102756

http://uk.radio.amateur.narkive.com/QxOjwU5Z/13th-october
    • Kirchenmaus
    • By Kirchenmaus 12th Jan 18, 8:13 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Kirchenmaus
    Churchmouse, one presumes on PPP?? .....
    Lots of befuddlement abounds.
    Seems like plenty on the forum have it in for the company mentioned ....
    One does wonder why
    Yes, one and the same. My only contact with that particular company was during one of their occasional thrusts into PePiPoo to reprimand one or more of their alleged customers for breaching the CODE OF SILENCE cleverly included within their terms and conditions. I'd simply never seen a company treat its clients/customers with such contempt. It made me wonder if a parking appeals company was possibly being run by a cabal of ex-clampers.

I still don't know who actually runs that company, or who ran that company, or how many names they have, or what it has to do with other, apparently defunct parking appeals companies--or what it is about this kind of business that makes it so attractive to so many strange people. Ignorance is probably the best policy, now that I think about it.

--Kirchenmaus
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Jan 18, 8:20 PM
    • 6,735 Posts
    • 8,719 Thanks
    beamerguy
    #Kirchenmaus

NEW POSTERS BE ADVISED
    DO NOT respond to a PM (Private message) unless
    the person has a min of 1000 posts.
    This is for your safety and protection

If you have not received a service yet you have paid
    REPORT THIS TO TRADING STANDARDS

IT'S A MUST FOR 2018

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Jan 18, 8:24 PM
    • 8,059 Posts
    • 8,447 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Yes, one and the same. My only contact with that particular company was during one of their occasional thrusts into PePiPoo to reprimand one or more of their alleged customers for breaching the CODE OF SILENCE cleverly included within their terms and conditions. I'd simply never seen a company treat its clients/customers with such contempt. It made me wonder if a parking appeals company was possibly being run by a cabal of ex-clampers.

I still don't know who actually runs that company, or who ran that company, or how many names they have, or what it has to do with other, apparently defunct parking appeals companies--or what it is about this kind of business that makes it so attractive to so many strange people. Ignorance is probably the best policy, now that I think about it.

--Kirchenmaus
    Originally posted by Kirchenmaus
    full compay info including owners can be found / and seen by the general public , also to be seen by the general public is the list of daily court cases , and this case shows that they get annoyed when sommeone breaks the "code of silence " in the terms and conditions they sign
    Luton C6QZ52C Private Parking Appeals 31/5/17

company info inc directors
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC492116/officers
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 11:03 PM
    • 52,869 Posts
    • 66,386 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Luton C6QZ52C Private Parking Appeals
    31/5/17
    Who did they sue?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Jan 18, 11:06 PM
    • 8,059 Posts
    • 8,447 Thanks
    pappa golf
    I wasnt at the hearing , perhaps it was the company that suplied them with stationary
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 11:13 PM
    • 52,869 Posts
    • 66,386 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Nor was I, but I read emails and follow such case reports, and so do lots of posters here.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• waamo
    • By waamo 12th Jan 18, 11:36 PM
    • 2,252 Posts
    • 2,712 Thanks
    waamo
    I may be wrong but wasn’t one of the directors hit with massive costs due to unreasonable behaviour in court?
    This space for hire.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Jan 18, 11:45 PM
    • 8,059 Posts
    • 8,447 Thanks
    pappa golf
    This is not the first time I've been attacked in court by the representative, to be fair. However, normally they attack my right of audience at the start, they don't let me get to the end and then lie about me.

Only once before has a judge said in a hearing that I cannot represent a party - that claim was adjourned, and won on the second hearing, at which I represented the client.

I have never been found, in 35 previous cases, to have acted unreasonably such that I should be liable for costs. Unlike Mr Beavis, who was found to have been unreasonable in a hearing on 5 July at Dartford. I'll use his own words...

"DJ Wilkinson was gravely concerned about my behaviour. There were concerns before today in the conduct of the case but especially in my conduct in the court. The case shifted and changed. There was unreasonable conduct in representation...

The award against the claimant has been made because of my inexperience and my errors."
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/the-indigo-matters-continue-who-is.html

and now the origional

• logician
    • By logician 13th Jan 18, 12:29 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    logician
    Yes but you seem to be blurring the blog, clearly where it was stated that Barry Beavis had been previously found to be acting unreasonably in a case.

To quote a different section:

"Additionally Mr Wilkie has now done a few parking cases - over 36 in total, and no-one has ever suggested that his conduct has been anything other than exemplary, indeed he has been allowed leave on more than one occasion to represent at appeal level and is regularly complimented about
    the standard of his submissions and behaviour as a lay person. One District Judge remarked that he conducted himself “no less than I would have expected from Senior counsel”. Additionally, Counsel for Indigo made no objection to John Wilkie continuing to represent after judgment, nor, at the appeal did he object to Mr Wilkie making submissions; he indicated that even if the matter went to multi-track, he would not object to the Defendants being assisted by Mr Wilkie.
    "

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/wright-hassall-blow-7000-of-indigos.html

And Parking Pranksters own words

"The attempted smearing of John Wilkie appears to be a calculated and premeditated attempt to 'justify' the Wright Hassall legal fees of around £50k. Wright Hassall started the maneuvering by trying to move the claim from the small claims court, where there are no legal fees, to the multi-track, where there are. This appears to be the next strategy -attacking the lay representative of the defence to attempt to get fees granted under 27.14(2)g 'unreasonableness' rule.

The Prankster does not have a transcript of the judgment so does not know how much of the costs awarded are due to the alleged behaviour of John Wilkie, and how much are due to other matters.

So far no independent evidence has emerged to support the claims of this apparent non-person, who does not appear to work at the contact address given on her witness statement.

It is interesting that while counsel for Indigo was allowed to introduce unsubstantiated allegations against Mr Wilkie, Mr Wilkie himself was allowed no right of reply, and was given the choice of either shutting up, or leaving the courtroom. Mr Wilkie chose to leave.

This is not the only controversial event in a large parking case. Who can forget the hearing of ParkingEye v Beavis, when their counsel was not available. A mysterious hoax phone call caused the first hearing to be cancelled, and in the next hearing their counsel was free to attend.
    "

Having read the transcript of the costs part of the hearing, I was absolutely appalled by apparent lack of ability of Mr Beavis who appeared to be working for the Claimant, agreeing with unreasonable conduct in defending the claim on apparently points which had been pre-agreed to explore for the 3 - day trial.

He practically handed the costs against the Defendants, failing to correct the judge on a number of points or raise issue as to why the Claimant did not raise relevant points at the time during the trial or why the judge was permitting these without any redress from Mr Wilkie or any formal Witness Statement of those involved.

Additionally,No attempt was made by him to argue for example against unreasonable conduct citing relevant case law

AFTER ALL the defence points used appear to run day in and day out with success in other small claims and are surely legitimate tactics open to Defendants to defend any claim.
    Last edited by logician; 13-01-2018 at 1:24 AM.
    • Ryandavis1959
    • By Ryandavis1959 13th Jan 18, 11:11 PM
    • 192 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Ryandavis1959
    The way I see it is PPA is a great service for many people, why the regulars have an issue with it is beyond me. They have done more to help people save money than any other parking service out there, other than maybe the excellent groups on Facebook.

We are all on the same team but that said, a few of the people who post on here do not seem to have best interest of new posters at heart (eg advising all Scottish people to ignore PCN’s including Carly Mackie, and not telling new posters who weren’t driving to name the driver to remove all liability, instead sending them on a wild goose chase when they could remove liability immediately with a simple letter to the scum parking firm) therefore it does not surprise me that there is some intense jealousy at the success of PPA from people here who are not as commercially savvy as the PPA team.

Well done PPA, keep up the good work. I see your services recommended often through Facebook so you are clearly doing something right! Ignore the haters who are jealous of your success.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Jan 18, 11:25 PM
    • 6,735 Posts
    • 8,719 Thanks
    beamerguy
    (eg advising all Scottish people to ignore PCN’s including Carly Mackie, and not telling new posters who weren’t driving to name the driver to remove all liability,.
    Originally posted by Ryandavis1959
    You really must stop misleading people with your posts ?

Carly never came here, if she did, doubt she would have
    declared bankruptcy .

That's what happens folks if you name the driver in Scotland,
    you will end up like Carly ..... in the sheriffs court

For the rest of the UK, as Martin Lewis says ..... you do not
    need a claims type company when it's easy to do it yourself
    and it's 100% free on this forum

For anyone who has paid money to any company and NOT
    received the service, report them to Trading Standards
    Last edited by beamerguy; 13-01-2018 at 11:30 PM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • bergkamp
    • By bergkamp 13th Jan 18, 11:27 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    bergkamp
    'Ryan ' ... ^ ^
    Last edited by bergkamp; 13-01-2018 at 11:29 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jan 18, 11:29 PM
    • 52,869 Posts
    • 66,386 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The way I see it...
    What's your opinion of the Trust Pilot page?

A mysterious hoax phone call caused the first hearing to be cancelled
    Some regulars know re the hoax phone call, someone took the mickey and wasted everyone's time.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-01-2018 at 1:01 AM.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Jan 18, 11:33 PM
    • 34,107 Posts
    • 18,058 Thanks
    Quentin
    the people who post on here do not seem to have best interest of new posters at heart ..... not telling new posters who weren’t driving to name the driver to remove all liability.......
    This is such bad advice. The poster looks to have an axe to grind on behalf of the ppcs!

Please ignore the "advice".
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

241Posts Today

1,534Users online

Martin's Twitter