Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lucageorge
    • By lucageorge 3rd Dec 16, 5:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lucageorge
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd
    • 3rd Dec 16, 5:16 PM
    Private Parking Appeals Ltd 3rd Dec 16 at 5:16 PM
    Has anyone had any success with any organisations when complaining about the poor service of Private Parking Appeals Ltd?

In short:
    1. I applied to them to challenge a private parking ticket
    2. They advise they 'aim to provide a response within 3 working days' but it ran into weeks of me chasing them
    3. They claimed they had email problems at their end
    4. They claimed they had sent me a document to complete (which I had no record of) and I should check my spam folder
    5. I've sent several emails to which I got no response
    6. I twice asked to raise a complaint and didn't get a response telling me how
    7. I reported them to my bank to initiate a chargeback and when I told Private Parking Appeals Ltd they wrote to me to suggest I had libelled their company and that they were now going to write to my bank about me (surely there's a data protection issue there!)
    8. I've submitted to the Legal Ombudsman as I can't progress things any further with PPA.
    9. I've since found multiple forum posts about this company (including on here and 3 more examples below but I can't include the links as a new user)

e90post[DOT]com/forums/showthread.php?t=1315081
    pepipoo[DOT]com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t99403.html
    scamadviser[DOT]com/check-website/privateparkingappeals.co.uk

Who else can I write to in order to raise awareness?

I know I won't get the £19 back (paid to PPA) but my concern is how many people out there are going through the stresses of dealing with this company whilst, meanwhile, still receiving the threatening letters from the parking charge companies of increasing the fine or issuing court papers and simultaneously still waiting for a response from Private Parking Appeals who advise you not to pay the parking charge company!
Page 2
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Dec 16, 2:50 PM
    • 33,552 Posts
    • 17,434 Thanks
    Quentin
    . I remain amazed at the number of so-called complainants who seem to believe that running to this forum to bleat is both a reasonable and measured way of solving a simple problem when the effort they expend in doing so would have written several letters to PPA direct.

One has to ask whether all of these individuals were genuinely motivated (in that they have actually suffered poor service) or for whatever reason are far more interested in simply discrediting PPA? Let's face it, there are plenty of PPC's who would be glad to see PPA losing business just for starters.
    Originally posted by HO87

When PPA launched most of their staff were also posters here and did what they could get away with to publicise their connection and advertise them by way of their sigs etc.

Thus many will think this is still the place to make contact when normal communications fail.

(and going public when a company ignores your complaints is a well known tactic to get responses.)

What their customers may not realise is none of their staff who post here (if any do) don't do so in any official capacity of their company
    Last edited by Quentin; 14-12-2016 at 2:58 PM.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 14th Dec 16, 5:04 PM
    • 1,817 Posts
    • 3,208 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Don't forget the irony of your complaint. Every time the company is mentioned on a google high ranking site, more google juice flows that way.

So the angrier you get the better their site's ranking.

If you wanted Gladstines (see what I did there) to get more business then name them on a high ranking site.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Dec 16, 8:03 PM
    • 6,474 Posts
    • 8,298 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Don't forget the irony of your complaint. Every time the company is mentioned on a google high ranking site, more google juice flows that way.

So the angrier you get the better their site's ranking.

If you wanted Gladstines (see what I did there) to get more business then name them on a high ranking site.
    Originally posted by IamEmanresu
    Yes, the scammers, the odd ball solicitors simply don't understand the power of google, they cannot stop it

The odd balls being BWLegal, Gladstones and Wright Hassall in no particular order

Talk about stupidity ... unreal
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Dec 16, 10:14 PM
    • 33,552 Posts
    • 17,434 Thanks
    Quentin
    Yes, the scammers, the odd ball solicitors simply don't understand the power of google, they cannot stop it

The odd balls being .............
    Talk about stupidity ... unreal
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    Talking of stupidity.

Did you even read the post you quoted, never mind understand it?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Dec 16, 10:42 PM
    • 6,474 Posts
    • 8,298 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Talking of stupidity.

Did you even read the post you quoted, never mind understand it?
    Originally posted by Quentin
    back in fine form I see ??? don't be so silly
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • ohdearie
    • By ohdearie 15th Dec 16, 11:34 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ohdearie
    For information I have no connection financial or otherwise with PPA and do not carry out any work for them. I remain amazed at the number of so-called complainants who seem to believe that running to this forum to bleat is both a reasonable and measured way of solving a simple problem when the effort they expend in doing so would have written several letters to PPA direct.

One has to ask whether all of these individuals were genuinely motivated (in that they have actually suffered poor service) or for whatever reason are far more interested in simply discrediting PPA? Let's face it, there are plenty of PPC's who would be glad to see PPA losing business just for starters.

Absolutely agree that people should challenge unfair private parking fines. Plenty of information on the forums to help people to do that and I would heartily recommend that help and information.

But I also think that people should be warned against any unscrupulous company taking their money and then failing to provide a service.
    • Pammy
    • By Pammy 3rd Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 270 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    Pammy
    Glad I came across this post.

I gather this appeals company has gone out of business so it's a shame they are still taking payments.

My boyfriend went though them 3 weeks ago and not heard a thing apart from a thank you for your payment automated message.

Looking at the company it was started by a group of people from this forum, so I gather anything could have happened with it being a small number of individuals.

We will have to get the money refunded but with them being recommended in old threads on here and other places, people will still use them and sit on their fines in hope this company will respond.

I know we could have done it ourselves blah blah blah but we didn't and hoped this company would action it.

Sadly not!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 3rd Jul 17, 12:32 PM
    • 7,424 Posts
    • 6,473 Thanks
    The Deep
    Quote a few of these companies have come and gone, some with much acrimony.

But what readers must take on board is that there is no such thing as a free lunch, and having a PCN from a company such as PE for £19 is a free lunch.

You would pay a window cleaner that much.

It really is that simple.
    Last edited by The Deep; 03-07-2017 at 1:17 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 4th Jul 17, 1:17 PM
    • 3,586 Posts
    • 3,629 Thanks
    DoaM
    So why do people complain about getting no timely (or even any) response when they engage PPA? Not everyone who complains here is a sniper account setup just to bad-mouth PPA. In fact I'd be surprised if there are more than a handful of accounts that could be considered as such; a very small percentage.

If it's case of resourcing then surely PPA shouldn't take on a case (i.e. take payment) if they can't support it?

(Disclosure: I have no association with ANY company or body involved in the parking arena. I am merely a forum contributor. The idea behind PPA and similar companies is great - the reality of execution seems to be lagging behind the idea).
    Last edited by DoaM; 04-07-2017 at 1:19 PM.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • mum1205
    • By mum1205 4th Jul 17, 7:08 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mum1205
    Me too
    I am in exactly the same predicament in that I have now had a letter from Gladstones threatening me with court action. I have telephoned and emailed PPA Ltd many,many times with no response. I paid for their service via the Parking Cowboys. I have contacted them and they claim to just run adverts for PPA Ltd despite assuring me that they would chase them up. Puzzled how they can do this if they are not affiliated to them in any way. My "case handler" told me that she had contacted DRP Ltd and informed them that any further contact should be made to herself at PPA Ltd. Because of this and not hearing anything from anyone I assumed my case was being dealt with.

If you go through the motions of starting a new appeal PPA Ltd make contact immediately. I don't believe they are in any way a genuine company and they have caused me extreme stress now with this solicitors letter.

The letter requests that I make payment to DRP Ltd. The original charge is from G24. I overstayed 12 minutes in a B&M car park last year and now they want £150 for the pleasure. I have contacted B&M who tell me they have no control over or ability to get this charge cancelled. What to do now please?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Jul 17, 7:17 PM
    • 33,552 Posts
    • 17,434 Thanks
    Quentin
    You need to start your own thread. (But read up the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before you do)
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th Jul 17, 7:21 PM
    • 16,923 Posts
    • 21,047 Thanks
    Redx
    IGNORE DRP , its that simple

read post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

and read this too

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

keep ignoring unless you get an MCOL from the CCBC in Northampton

its that simple

start your own thread if you need further help
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Pammy
    • By Pammy 4th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    • 270 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    Pammy
    What would be even better is if rather than spending 20 minutes of their time writing a blog post , instead they spent that time replying to the numerous emails my boyfriend has sent them.

They actually state they respond in 3 days, sometimes a little longer . Not over a month! Then say this forum isn't the place to air issues, where is if they don't reply to emails or answer machine messages. They complain that the moderators of this forum should stop people complaining. Mmmm maybe if people had some visibility of what was happening they wouldn't need to complain in the first place.

If there had been some form of response to one of the emails in the past 4 weeks then I personally wouldn't be here now. Even if that response was to say there is going to a delay.

If they can't manage the capacity then stop taking payments and inform people that have a backlog. No offence to them but I don't really care about all the cases they have recently won as outlined in their blog post. Great for those people who actually got a response.

Doesn't really help us though.
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 11-07-2017 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Quoting deleted post
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 4th Jul 17, 9:54 PM
    • 7,933 Posts
    • 8,045 Thanks
    pogofish
    You need to start your own thread. (But read up the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before you do)
    Originally posted by Quentin
    They already have two threads on this in the last week.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,937Posts Today

6,555Users online

Martin's Twitter