Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chaddyowl
    • By chaddyowl 3rd Dec 16, 3:42 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 1Thanks
    chaddyowl
    UKPE Aviator Way Manchester
    • 3rd Dec 16, 3:42 PM
    UKPE Aviator Way Manchester 3rd Dec 16 at 3:42 PM
    Hiya guys,

Missus had parking ticket in June this year and did nowt with it.

Now has a letter which says Final Letter Before Action from UKPE saying they require £100 for breach of contract.
    I have dug out what she got but cannot scan and post it. offence 24-6-16- Notice to keeper dated 14-7-16 received on 17-7-16...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Mar 17, 6:59 PM
    • 13,620 Posts
    • 21,359 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    UKPME. Operating very parochially, yet suggests it has UK locus. What a joke, typical of the shysters in this 'industry'.

Here's a bit of information about this small fry operator, seduced into joining the IPC/IAS where there's no danger of the PPC's 'protection agency' siding with the motorist.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205066442-UK-Parking-Management-And-Enforcement-Limited

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Parking_Management_And_Enforcement.html
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • SnakeGuy
    • By SnakeGuy 13th Mar 17, 7:52 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SnakeGuy
    Will the proof of posting be enough, as legal evidence? Does the proof of posting show who it goes to?
    • SnakeGuy
    • By SnakeGuy 13th Mar 17, 7:58 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SnakeGuy
    So, what should I do in my letter to them?
    Should I us the IPC template as is?
    I actually have a valid permit for that spot.

Should I insist that I have a permit and they should reject it or just stick to the template, which asks for all the photographic evidence?

Cheers
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Mar 17, 8:50 AM
    • 13,620 Posts
    • 21,359 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Will the proof of posting be enough, as legal evidence? Does the proof of posting show who it goes to?
    Originally posted by SnakeGuy
    Yes (deemed served 2 days after posting) - Interpretation Act 1978 (Section 7)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1978/30/pdfs/ukpga_19780030_en.pdf

The post code to which the letter is sent is detailed on the certificate.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Mar 17, 8:53 AM
    • 13,620 Posts
    • 21,359 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    So, what should I do in my letter to them?
    Should I us the IPC template as is?
    I actually have a valid permit for that spot.

Should I insist that I have a permit and they should reject it or just stick to the template, which asks for all the photographic evidence?

Cheers
    Originally posted by SnakeGuy
    To show you're being 'reasonable' and trying to resolve this issue, you could add a final paragraph (avoiding any reference to who was driving) to the effect that you have a permit, and you could attach a photocopy as proof.

However, don't expect any positive response!

• Ohlavache
    • By Ohlavache 12th Jun 17, 6:42 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Ohlavache
    I don' suppose you have any photos of the signs at this very place?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,388Posts Today

9,604Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin