Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • emilycharlotte
    • By emilycharlotte 28th Nov 16, 8:22 PM
    • 29Posts
    • 23Thanks
    emilycharlotte
    VCS (IPC) PCN & Company vehicle
    • 28th Nov 16, 8:22 PM
    VCS (IPC) PCN & Company vehicle 28th Nov 16 at 8:22 PM
    Unfortunately I fell victim to the scam artists VCS when I pulled up on a "No Stopping/ Waiting" zone at Calder Park. The picture of my vehicle was taken by ANPR International who hilariously pulled up on double yellows to take my picture (I have a picture of their van pulled up taking a picture of my van )...

I am happy to appeal using the template set out for IPC appeals in the stickys newbie thread, however, the PCN has been handed to me by my boss who is not happy about me appealing in the first place ("it affects my business") and who has said that if the initial appeal doesn't work then she will take money out my wages to pay it (she wins boss of the year )

My question therefore is how successful is the initial letter? I can't imagine VCS are just going to roll over. When my boss inevitably receives the 'appeal rejected' letter she will just deduct from my wages. I note in the thread it states:

"If the hire/lease co gets a postal PCN and names you as the driver/hirer, that is a good thing as it removes them from the loop entirely and then you can follow the above advice as appropriate to your case..."

Should I therefore get my boss to fill out the form and name me as the driver in the first instance and then appeal using the template when the PCN is sent to my address?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by emilycharlotte; 28-11-2016 at 8:23 PM. Reason: IPC
Page 2
    • emilycharlotte
    • By emilycharlotte 9th Jun 17, 7:27 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    emilycharlotte
    Have they stated that you defence will be unsuccessful, then?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    They say:
    "You should note that if your claim has already been processed through an Independent Appeal Service and an IAS has dismissed your appeal then it is likely that a County Court will come to a similar conclusion and your defence will be unsuccessful".

I havent appealed to IAS but wanted to make the point regardless (as they have). Do you think I should change the wording on that part?

They are giving me until 10 June before they commence legal proceedings so I would ideally like to get something back to them so they can't say I haven't been compliant.

Thanks for your response and your help =)
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jun 17, 7:32 PM
    • 48,068 Posts
    • 61,519 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Your response looks fine. Expect a claim anyway, so there's no point spending ages on this stage.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• emilycharlotte
    • By emilycharlotte 9th Jun 17, 7:37 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    emilycharlotte
    Your response looks fine. Expect a claim anyway, so there's no point spending ages on this stage.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Thank you I will get it sent off tonight and wait for the claim form
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

384Posts Today

3,645Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin