Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jamesbrown457
    • By jamesbrown457 26th Nov 16, 12:05 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jamesbrown457
    Leasehold purchase - Pier Management
    • 26th Nov 16, 12:05 AM
    Leasehold purchase - Pier Management 26th Nov 16 at 12:05 AM
    How long does it take for a management agent to send out a leasehold management pack!! Absolutely absurd the length of time some management agents take, just adds to the stress of purchasing a property. Anyonelse had similar experiences?
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 26th Nov 16, 8:06 AM
    • 40,083 Posts
    • 45,778 Thanks
    G_M
    • 26th Nov 16, 8:06 AM
    • 26th Nov 16, 8:06 AM
    Yes of course others have had similar experience.

It typically takes between 3 days and 3 months.

Absurd? well, it might depend who the freeholder is. If an individual who has retired and lives on a yacht cruising the Pacific you can see why it might take a while...!

(not excusing many tardy professional freehold companies.)
    • AlexMac
    • By AlexMac 26th Nov 16, 1:01 PM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 1,628 Thanks
    AlexMac
    • 26th Nov 16, 1:01 PM
    • 26th Nov 16, 1:01 PM
    Agree GM, but when I was treasurer of a small shared freehold company owned by the leaseholder/residents where we had a homespun/DIY approach to property management, I turned these round to my prospective co-owners' solicitors in 1-2 days...

... and having control, with no incompetent or greedy agent, meant we had the lowest possible service-charges, fastest maintenence and the best sinking fund in the manor...

Which is why, when buying, I have a strong presumption for well-managed shared freehold flats, and if not poss, try to reassure myself who the freeholder is and what the management arrangements are like. After all, when water's pouring through from upstairs you ain't gonna be wanting to Skype a yacht in the Med... or an Agent on a long lunch! Occasionally I've tried phoning an Agent prior to an offer and got a response so frosty that I've walked away. On another ocasion I saw from Google that the residents had taken an unsuccessful legal action against the freeholder or agent.

Possibly a bit late for you as you've now committed but while this might be a one off- admin error, it might be worth knocking on doors or dropping notes asking other leaseholders what their experience has been like...
    ...in case it's so catastrophic that you want to cut your losses and swallow the legal fees to date? I once kissed goodbye to £700 for similar reasons so that proves I'm not that clever!
    Last edited by AlexMac; 26-11-2016 at 1:04 PM. Reason: to make you really paranoid, google them http://parkviewcourt.myfastforum.org/archive/legal-victory-against-pier-management
    • t_o_b
    • By t_o_b 10th Jul 17, 3:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    t_o_b
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:42 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:42 PM
    How long does it take for a management agent to send out a leasehold management pack!! Absolutely absurd the length of time some management agents take, just adds to the stress of purchasing a property. Anyonelse had similar experiences?
    Originally posted by jamesbrown457
    Hi - sorry to dig up this old thread but I'm currently waiting on a management pack from Pier. I was wandering how long you had to wait in the end and if you had any tips from your experience to get them to move faster?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

782Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin