Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • earwig
    • By earwig 23rd Nov 16, 7:40 PM
    • 1,050Posts
    • 693Thanks
    earwig
    Does child age 17 getting esa effect my child tax credit payments
    • 23rd Nov 16, 7:40 PM
    Does child age 17 getting esa effect my child tax credit payments 23rd Nov 16 at 7:40 PM
    Hi My dd has be awarded esa at the 57.00 I am still claiming for her on my child tax credit award as she is still a student and will be until she is 19 . does this effect my claim and if it does by how much she currently gets dla at lrm and mrc thanks xx
    i cant slow down i wont be waiting for you i cant stop now because im dancing
Page 2
    • FBaby
    • By FBaby 26th Nov 16, 7:18 AM
    • 15,814 Posts
    • 39,535 Thanks
    FBaby
    Anyone can claim, but that doesn't mean it's been awarded yet. Could it be that your DD filed a claim because she wants to start being independent and manage her own money? Even if that leaves the family worse off overall, it's a good step towards learning independent skills, so maybe not to be discouraged. Of course, that would mean her contributing towards the bills.

Have you stopped claiming CB too?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,300Posts Today

9,598Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Interesting well argued take on the Uber situation from a black cab driver... https://t.co/c1I5ta0jde

• Follow Martin