Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bowcreek
    • By bowcreek 23rd Nov 16, 2:03 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 8Thanks
    bowcreek
    CCJ from Civil Enforcement Limited
    • 23rd Nov 16, 2:03 PM
    CCJ from Civil Enforcement Limited 23rd Nov 16 at 2:03 PM
    Hello everyone- Last night looking at my credit report I found that a CCJ has been issued against me November 2016 from Northampton county court (Information Source - Registry Trust Ltd) to pay approx. £300. This is issued to the address I lived between Aug 2014 and October 2015 as a lodger.

I called up the county court and they didn't give information of claimant due to identity protection reasons on phone. What they have now given is

Solicitor who acted on Claimant's behalf - Civil enforcement limited
    Their contact number - 0870 919 5577
    and their case reference number.

It seems this company deals with parking fines etc. which could well be the case as to my stupidity my car is still registered at that address (utterly stupid I agree). So, I guess for that reason all previous letters/correspondance from CEL would have gone to the old address.

1. So would you say the first step would be to request address change via DVLA?
    2. How do I find the details of claim by CEL? They only seem to have automated payment system and nobody to talk to. Should I try to seek more info on when and why this was issued before simply agreeing to pay off?
    3. As a top priority - I'd really want to get this off the judgement register and also from my credit file. Is that at all possible at this stage? https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judg...-credit-rating says it can be possible if paid within a month?
    4. County court helpdesk said there is a fee of £250 to set-aside a judgement. Worth going that route if I failed to change the address for a year !?

Your help will be really appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by bowcreek; 23-05-2017 at 3:45 PM.
Page 3
    • bowcreek
    • By bowcreek 18th May 17, 5:04 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bowcreek
    Email them right now and tell them your new address and forbid them to write to the old address. NOTHING about not seeing the signs or who was driving NOTHING about that. Keep proof of sending the email (a copy in a file).

You might also like to pay £10 for a SAR which will help you defend the case:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206890469-6-Subject-Access-Requests-Easy-

That means they have to show you ALL the data they hold about you/the car, with dates and details & photos, etc.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    1. Thanks. I've picked up the template and drafted a quick SAR. Since I want to get info specially about my current and previous address, where do I include them in the SAR for them? Does below look OK?

(a) All information you hold under my name and/or current and past addresses as below and/or any other personal data and/or parameters;

2. I can't find their e-mail address so would be posting these. Best to post SAR and address update letter separate?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th May 17, 12:11 AM
    • 45,879 Posts
    • 58,876 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You will not be posting anything to CEL.

Email them, even if you don't have a PCN in front of you, your laptop does. The email address is shown on every CEL PCN you care to 'Google image' search for!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• bowcreek
    • By bowcreek 19th May 17, 3:04 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bowcreek

Email them, even if you don't have a PCN in front of you, your laptop does. The email address is shown on every CEL PCN you care to 'Google image' search for!

Sorry Coupon_mad. I tried and all I could find was on their website they have given one for reporting car park abuse which is office@ce-service.co.uk :-(

I myself would prefer email but want to send it to correct address. There is another one I found on a Hospital's website

http://www.pat.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/parking-charge-notices.htm

I might be stupid enough that I can't see it on any PCN's online.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th May 17, 3:17 PM
    • 14,013 Posts
    • 17,290 Thanks
    Redx
    yep, thats the one
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • bowcreek
    • By bowcreek 19th May 17, 4:37 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bowcreek
    yep, thats the one
    Originally posted by Redx
    Sorry, office@ or appeals@ you meant?
    • bowcreek
    • By bowcreek 19th May 17, 4:54 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bowcreek
    Subject Access request
    Does it look alright to be e-mailed?

Date

From
    Name
    Current Address

To
    Civil Enforcement Limited
    Horton House
    Exchange Flags
    Liverpool
    L2 3PF

Ref- Subject access request (SAR)

Dear Sir / Madam – Please supply the information about me which I am entitled to under the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to the following information:

(a) All information you hold under my name and/or current and past addresses as below and/or any other personal data and/or parameters;

Current address
    XXXXXXX

Old address
    YYYYYYY

(b) All information you hold under my vehicle registration mark AAAA BBB, such as images of the car or letters sent to me about my car;

(c) All other information you hold about me, including information from or to third parties;

If you need more information from me, please let me know as soon as possible. I attach a cheque for £10.00 covering the maximum cost under the Data Protection Act 1998. Should you not levy a fee for SARs or only a lesser amount I would request you return any surplus amounts when supplying my information.

It may be helpful for you to know that a request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998 should be responded to within 40 days. If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer.

If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at www.ico.gov.uk

Yours faithfully
    XXXXXXXX
    Last edited by bowcreek; 19-05-2017 at 4:58 PM.
    • bowcreek
    • By bowcreek 19th May 17, 5:02 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bowcreek
    Notification to update address
    Is there any law as such which I can quote to bind them into updating their records as a result of this letter / e-mail? Just thinking if they simply say, e-mail missed or whatever.

======================================

Date

From
    XXXXX

To
    YYYYY

Subject – Formal notice to update my address in all your present and future records.

Dear Sir / Madam - I’m writing to you with regards to County Court Judgement ref ABCDEFG dated DD/MM/YYYY. I’m the defendant for said judgement and have had no prior knowledge of this claim before this appeared on my Credit reference file.

After speaking to the county court, I gather you had served all notices and letters to one of my old addresses XXXXXXXX.

Please be informed that I do not live there and with this letter would like to formally notify you that any correspondence related to this claim or any other matter / claim / notice in future related to me and/or my vehicle with registration number AAAA BBB MUST be sent to my current address as given on the top of this letter.

I also forbid you with immediate effect to write or send any letters to my old address XXXXXXXX in relation to anything related to me or my vehicle as registered Keeper.

Yours faithfully
    XXXXX
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th May 17, 5:27 PM
    • 14,013 Posts
    • 17,290 Thanks
    Redx
    Sorry, office@ or appeals@ you meant?
    Originally posted by bowcreek
    office on all the internet based examples I saw
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • bowcreek
    • By bowcreek 22nd May 17, 10:11 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bowcreek
    Please can someone proof read the letters once for me? They are fairly simple I know. Can I "forbid" them to write to old address as I said in the letter?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd May 17, 10:31 AM
    • 12,697 Posts
    • 19,535 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    They look okay to me. 'Forbid' may be an open invite for them to play silly beggars. A 'Please ensure that no further correspondence is sent to the following address' might work better - but there are no guarantees (or laws!) that they will comply. That said, I don't think it will be a problem.

When you send your emails send copies to yourself (preferably at another email address you use) which will provide some proof that they have also been delivered to CEL.

What are you doing about getting the CCJs set aside?
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • bowcreek
    • By bowcreek 22nd May 17, 12:07 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bowcreek
    They look okay to me. 'Forbid' may be an open invite for them to play silly beggars. A 'Please ensure that no further correspondence is sent to the following address' might work better - but there are no guarantees (or laws!) that they will comply. That said, I don't think it will be a problem.

When you send your emails send copies to yourself (preferably at another email address you use) which will provide some proof that they have also been delivered to CEL.

What are you doing about getting the CCJs set aside?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas

Landowner of the establishment has come back after having received confirmation that there are 3 more PCNs for their establishment which have now been cancelled as a goodwill gesture.
    The one which has become the recent CCJ however seem to be for elsewhere! Also the confirmation e-mail seem to have come from Creative parking solutions not CEL ! I was only passed a stripped down version of one of those mails by the landowner probably to avoid passing internal contact details to me.
    Last edited by bowcreek; 22-05-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd May 17, 12:29 PM
    • 12,697 Posts
    • 19,535 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Creative and CEL are one and the same.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • bowcreek
    • By bowcreek 23rd May 17, 2:28 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bowcreek

Having sent the notice for change of address, surely the SAR would need to be sent by post if I need to include the cheque? Please would you have a minute to go through the draft SAR and other letter for me?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd May 17, 9:55 PM
    • 45,879 Posts
    • 58,876 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes they look fine, seem to be based upon those examples shown on the BMPA website which is a truly great, free service. Yes you would have to post them 1st class with a cheque; go to the PO Counter and get a free ''certificate of posting'', NOT recorded/signed for and not popping it in a post box, to be pretended by CEL to be lost...).

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• bowcreek
    • By bowcreek 23rd May 17, 10:15 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bowcreek
    Umm. Can't understand why not signed for which would I thought be an evidence of receipt by them.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 23rd May 17, 10:28 PM
    • 6,807 Posts
    • 6,766 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Umm. Can't understand why not signed for which would I thought be an evidence of receipt by them.

and if they refuse to accept them a perfect "we did not get papers M,lud"

whereas a first class stamp is "deemed" to have been recieved within 2 working days , and you have proof it was posted
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd May 17, 11:37 PM
    • 45,879 Posts
    • 58,876 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Come on, this is obvious! Think about who is at the other end - you would be handing them a chance to refuse to sign, leave it in the sorting office at their end, undelivered. They won't sign for it.

Also, the amount of people who think it's a plan to post Recorded Delivery on a Friday to a parking firm on here beggars belief sometimes and they just don't get why not...especially on a Friday before a weekend with a Bank Holiday!

• bowcreek
    • By bowcreek 24th May 17, 10:43 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bowcreek
    No they don't have to help you. You can complain, but they might not help and can't do anything about a CCJ in default; only you can.

I've never seen a CEL one not set aside and would be surprised if it was refused - but really, you MUST learn not to talk about the signs and who was driving, it's not about that!

You need to read saggi's thread for how to do this well

Just so as you know, as I said earlier, Creative Parking has written to Establishment mentioning 3 more outstanding PCNs for that place which they have cancelled as one off goodwill gesture. However the one which is now outstanding CCJ they just said is for elsewhere and didn't give details as its not related to them. I hope they don't come back claiming these a year later ! When I try to use those PCN numbers to make payment, system accepts them and allows me to pay - how fiddly. Makes me think if they mean it what they said to the establishment over e-mail. Or may be that's how they have designed their system to work. Who knows.

On other hand, I have gone through saggi's thread and her defence statement is simple. I take that I can really use the same one with very minor tweaks?
    • bowcreek
    • By bowcreek 24th May 17, 10:47 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bowcreek
    There is one thing though which is contrary to what I said for ease of explaining the 3rd CCJ. I said in my post earlier that I came to know about this one (same as previous 2) via my Credit file but on the contrary, this one came to my notice when I decided to go to that old address and check if there are letters for me - coincidentally I was given this letter which was sent by court 2 days back and that's how I learnt about this one. Is this how it should be written when applying for set-aside and submitting the defence? Or I can simply say I learnt via credit file?
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 24th May 17, 10:58 AM
    • 2,273 Posts
    • 2,265 Thanks
    DoaM
    When dealing with court you should always be honest ... if you're not then you're likely to be caught out and it'll backfire on you.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

87Posts Today

1,513Users online

Martin's Twitter