Everyday Ordinary Man Approaching Full Retirement at 59.

Options

Comments

• bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Great story and good outcome for you both davesnave:T
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Davesnave for posting such an interesting and informative account.
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,174 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So excelpaul, I hope that today you have
    1. Got up when you woke up
    2. Enjoyed a leisurely breakfast
    3. Gone to the loo as and when you've needed to, not when your timetable dictates
    4. Eaten lunch sitting down, from a plate, with a knife and fork
    5. Drunk tea or coffee from your favourite cup, which no-one else has used and left dirty, and at a time which suited you

Treats in store - cheaper flights and holidays, shopping on Tuesday morning (who knew!), meeting friends for lunch or a walk on the spur of the moment because the sun is shining today, being able to help friends and family out in a crisis, attending young family's school events, not having to rush to get things done over the weekend, reading a whole book in one day, saying 'No thanks I'm getting my nails done' when offered supply (insert appointment of choice here), realising you don't miss school one teeny weeny jot!
    I'm now in the 'How did I find time to go to work?' stage, enjoying my garden, new grandchild, learning to play the piano, faffing about on here.
    Have fun! :D
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well just completed my final day. It has been very enjoyable and memorable. So many cards and presents from students and staff. Lovely presentation in staff meeting and my speech was well received. Reception at lunchtime for current and former colleagues was great too.
    Home now feeling exhausted but happy. The messages and good wishes have made it all worth while. Now for a decent rest over the summer.
    Feeling good!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    excelpaul wrote: »
    Feeling good!
    Congratulations......on the right day this time! party-smiley-020.gif
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,174 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Congratulations......on the right day this time! party-smiley-020.gif

I too seem to have been suffering from premature congratulations! Must be retirement brain.
    DON'T READ MY POST TIL MONDAY! :D
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • bournefree
    bournefree Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    Have a great weekend and spend a while just letting the calm flow over you!
  • Mnd
    Mnd Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Paul
    No.79 save £12k in 2020. Total end May £11610
    Annual target £24000
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Good on you Paul, hope you are enjoying your weekend thinking about NOT going into work:j

I'll look forward to hearing about your relaxing but happily busy days.
  • Suzangel54
    Options
    Congratulations Paul ! I am also newly retired wasn't supposed to be until September 2019 but I'll leave my story till another day!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure