Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    SpeedbirdOne
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend)
    • 12th Jan 08, 4:08 PM
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend) 12th Jan 08 at 4:08 PM
    Hello All!

This is my first post to the MSE Forums, I'm a long time lurker, quite shy, haven't posted until now as I haven't had much to share, however that's just changed and thought I would share this with you all in the hope that others will benefit from this offer.

American Express have a new "Member Get Member" refer-a-friend campaign running. For the British Airways Amex Cards it works like this:

The person who is applying for the card gets:
    7,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for the Premium Plus card. (Possibly 13,000; see below)
    2,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for for the standard BA card. (Possibly 3,000; see below)

The person doing the referring gets (for a successful referral):
    2,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways card.
    4,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways Premium Plus card.

This compares to the standard 1,000/6,000 'first card use' miles advertised on Amex's site.

HOWEVER, when my father in law applied for the BA card - he received his 2,000 referral bonus instantly - AND, when he spent on the card for the first time, the 1,000 standard/advertised bonus was also awarded! He is now showing 3,030 miles (the bonus points plus his £30 spend points.) Therefore, although I'm not promising, you could receive upto 13,000 BA Miles for the Premium Plus if referred by a friend! (7,000 refer-a-friend bonus + standard 6,000 first use bonus.).

Another good reason to get the cards now is, once you have the card, you're more than welcome to refer your parents, inlaws, brothers, sisters, relatives, friends to get their own cards to boost your own BA Miles balance! Think of the possibilities! ;-)

I'm of course more than happy to be a friend to anyone here and refer you for a BA or BAPP credit card so you can get the bonus miles. Please PM your name and e-mail address and I'll fire you off an email.

I will be happy to make a donation to charity for each referral, as recommended by this site's rules. I'm thinking £5-10 per referral. This is much higher than the 10% recommended.

Here is the link for existing cardholders (to refer a friend with):
    http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/mgm/default.cgi

All the best,
    Speedy

P.S. it also appears that if you place a Quidco cookie on the Amex site thru following the Quidco link, and THEN use the email link from your friend to signup, you'll be awarded both the bonus miles and the £25 Quidco cashback on top! 13,000 BA Miles is worth £91 based on MSE's loyalty points checker - twice that if you are redeeming a 2-4-1 voucher.
    Last edited by SpeedbirdOne; 12-01-2008 at 5:50 PM.
Page 9
    • luk3_t
    • By luk3_t 17th Jul 17, 8:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    luk3_t
    Evening,

I'm after a Preferred Rewards Gold referral if anyone has one?

Thanks.
    • vns
    • By vns 17th Jul 17, 8:36 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    vns
    Luk3_t...
    Please see below. Thanks!

Gold Charge Card

- first year free
    + 22,000 bonus points on spending £2,000
    + £20 Amazon voucher from me:
    - http://amex.co.uk/refer/shwetsJUJs
    (I get 9,000 points for referring you)
    Last edited by vns; 04-09-2017 at 8:54 PM.
    • Nigbob
    • By Nigbob 20th Jul 17, 10:21 AM
    • 84 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Nigbob
    If anyone is looking for a referral link for the American Express Gold Card, please use the link below

You earn 22,000 Membership Rewards points if you spend £2,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership (rather than the standard 20,000)

http://amex.co.uk/refer/nigelsjM2n

Earn 22,000 Membership Rewards® points when you spend £2,000 in your first 3!months of Cardmembership

Spending limit
    No pre-set spending limit
    No interest charges
    Just pay off your balance in full each month
    Annual fee
    £140 (£0 in first year)
    • anoujr
    • By anoujr 20th Jul 17, 11:39 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    anoujr
    Amex Preffered Rewards Gold Card
    I'd be so thankful if you use my link ! The link is amex.co.uk/refer/anoujrHJmL?CPID=100281179 (copy and paste the link if it isn't clickable). The benefits are the same as all the other gold card referral links (including 22,000 bonus points). Thank you !
    • greenorange
    • By greenorange 30th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 240 Thanks
    greenorange
    AMEX Gold Card
    You will receive 22,000 AMEX MR points
    I will receive 9,000 AMEX MR points
    I will also PayPal/Bank Transfer you £30 as soon as I receive the points (usually within a day or two after you've been approved)

http://amex.co.uk/refer/lukes3pQg

AMEX Platinum Card
    You will receive 35,000 AMEX MR points
    I will receive 9,000 AMEX MR points
    I will also PayPal/Bank Transfer you £30 as soon as I receive the points (usually within a day or two after you've been approved)

http://amex.co.uk/refer/lukes3pQg - Scroll to the bottom, click 'The Platinum Card'.

PM me if you have any queries.

Please note I have 4 referrals left.
    Last edited by greenorange; 21-08-2017 at 6:42 PM. Reason: Updated Platinum Card details
    • Armygeddon
    • By Armygeddon 19th Aug 17, 4:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Armygeddon
    BA Amex Referral
    Please feel free to use my referal code to get a BA amex card with bonus!

British Airways American Express
    Credit Card
    4,000 Avios per approved friend*
    6,000 Avios
    when they spend £1,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership
    British Airways American Express
    Premium Plus Card
    9,000 Avios per approved friend*
    26,000 Avios
    when they spend £3,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership
    amex c. uk/refer/graemp04Jk
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 20th Aug 17, 5:13 PM
    • 31,634 Posts
    • 37,326 Thanks
    Browntoa
    if it remains unresolved an email to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com should happen
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 21st Aug 17, 10:07 AM
    • 31,634 Posts
    • 37,326 Thanks
    Browntoa
    post with email address removed

any posts with personal details of you (or other users details) will be removed
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • cogitoergosum
    • By cogitoergosum 21st Aug 17, 3:49 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    cogitoergosum
    AMEX Preferred Reward Gold Card and AMEX Platinum Card

You get extra 2,000 MR with the Gold Card and 5,000 with the Platinum card, via this link

amex.co.uk/refer/haitixy15U

5 left, updated 7/09

Plus I will BACS or PayPal you extra £40 (compared to TopCashbacks you only get 15 and no extra bonus) for each successful application (if the decision is not instant, contact me after you got the card), PM me with the date of your application and your PayPal address etc. so I will sort out the payment out ASAP.As long as I'm keeping this post alive, it means I still have referrals left for this year

Applying for the Basic Card, or have held the AMEX MR Cards (Green, Gold, Platinum etc.) in the last 6 months will not receive a bonus.
    Last edited by cogitoergosum; 07-09-2017 at 5:00 PM.
    • jraf
    • By jraf 28th Aug 17, 5:34 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    jraf
    I'm going to be applying for the Gold card in the next hour or so. If anyone is offering a ££ for referrals, PM me.
    • vns
    • By vns 28th Aug 17, 5:38 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    vns
    Jraf

Gold Charge Card

- first year free
    + 22,000 bonus points on spending £2,000
    + £20 Amazon voucher from me:
    - http://amex.co.uk/refer/shwetsJUJs
    (I get 9,000 points for referring you)
    Last edited by vns; 04-09-2017 at 8:51 PM.
    • TheEffect
    • By TheEffect 9th Sep 17, 7:02 PM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 1,753 Thanks
    TheEffect
    AMEX Gold Card
    You'll receive 22k AMEX points
    First year free
    £35 payment from myself via PayPal/Bank Transfer

Please PM me for the referral link - I will reply within the hour.

(6 referrals remaining)

• Gjb1974
    • By Gjb1974 13th Sep 17, 4:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gjb1974
    SPG Amex Referral Required - exchange
    Hi - looking for a referral link for the SPG card, in return for a BAPP or PR Gold/Platinum referral from me.

If interested, please PM.
    • Candystore
    • By Candystore 16th Sep 17, 2:59 PM
    • 299 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    Candystore
    American Express Gold Card:

You will receive 22k American Express Reward points if you spend £2000 if the first 3 months of membership.

I'm happy to give advice so that you can hit this spend target quickly.

I will pay you £35 via PayPal/Bank Transfer. Please PM me. Replies are usually very quick.

If you look at the left hand side, you'll see I've been a MSE member for a very long time.
    Last edited by Candystore; 16-09-2017 at 3:00 PM. Reason: .
    • MRLOLOL
    • By MRLOLOL 19th Sep 17, 10:13 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MRLOLOL
    AMEX Gold rewards card £0 fee, 2000 extra points
    The Preferred Rewards Gold Card
    24,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £2,000 in the first three months (usually 20,000 without referal). 2,000 points for spending £2,000 and 22,000 bonus points.

20,000 is equivalent to £100 in rewards
    One reward point for every £1 spent with card
    One additional Membership Rewards point for virtually every £1 spent directly with airlines
    One additional Membership Rewards point for virtually every equivalent £1 spent in a foreign currency
    Two additional Membership Rewards points for virtually every £1 spent at amextravel.co.uk
    Two complimentary airport VIP lounge passes every year so free food and drink.
    Fee free for first year and then £140 fee per year so just cancel before renewal or get 10,000 points upon renewal.

I will receive 9,000 points for referring you. So benefits us both

Just drop me a message for the referal link
    • loc36
    • By loc36 20th Sep 17, 8:00 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    loc36
    I'm looking for a Amex Platinum Everyday Cashback card referral if anyone has one?
    • vns
    • By vns 20th Sep 17, 9:09 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    vns
    @loc36

Please see below.
    Thank you.
    Platinum Cashback Credit Card

- £25 annual fee
    + £25 bonus cashback for using this link and spending £1.
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/j3WRE
    (I get £25 for referring you)

Everyday Cashback card referral at the bottom of the page using the link above. It works exactly the same.
    Last edited by vns; 20-09-2017 at 9:12 PM.
    • loc36
    • By loc36 20th Sep 17, 9:51 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    loc36
    @vns I have successfully applied for the Everyday Cashback card with your link, thanks!
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 22nd Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 3,263 Thanks
    luke2010
    Amex British Airways
    You'll receive

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card

26,000 Avios upon spending £3,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card
    6,000 Avios upon spending £1,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership.

£45 payment from myself via PayPal/Bank Transfer for British Airways Premium Plus Card

£10 payment from myself via PayPal/Bank Transfer for British Airways Credit Card

Will do so with 24 hours of showing in account (usually few days after approval)

Please PM me for the referral link - I will reply within the hour.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

310Posts Today

3,230Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin