Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    SpeedbirdOne
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend)
    • 12th Jan 08, 4:08 PM
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend) 12th Jan 08 at 4:08 PM
    Hello All!

This is my first post to the MSE Forums, I'm a long time lurker, quite shy, haven't posted until now as I haven't had much to share, however that's just changed and thought I would share this with you all in the hope that others will benefit from this offer.

American Express have a new "Member Get Member" refer-a-friend campaign running. For the British Airways Amex Cards it works like this:

The person who is applying for the card gets:
    7,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for the Premium Plus card. (Possibly 13,000; see below)
    2,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for for the standard BA card. (Possibly 3,000; see below)

The person doing the referring gets (for a successful referral):
    2,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways card.
    4,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways Premium Plus card.

This compares to the standard 1,000/6,000 'first card use' miles advertised on Amex's site.

HOWEVER, when my father in law applied for the BA card - he received his 2,000 referral bonus instantly - AND, when he spent on the card for the first time, the 1,000 standard/advertised bonus was also awarded! He is now showing 3,030 miles (the bonus points plus his £30 spend points.) Therefore, although I'm not promising, you could receive upto 13,000 BA Miles for the Premium Plus if referred by a friend! (7,000 refer-a-friend bonus + standard 6,000 first use bonus.).

Another good reason to get the cards now is, once you have the card, you're more than welcome to refer your parents, inlaws, brothers, sisters, relatives, friends to get their own cards to boost your own BA Miles balance! Think of the possibilities! ;-)

I'm of course more than happy to be a friend to anyone here and refer you for a BA or BAPP credit card so you can get the bonus miles. Please PM your name and e-mail address and I'll fire you off an email.

I will be happy to make a donation to charity for each referral, as recommended by this site's rules. I'm thinking £5-10 per referral. This is much higher than the 10% recommended.

Here is the link for existing cardholders (to refer a friend with):
    http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/mgm/default.cgi

All the best,
    Speedy

P.S. it also appears that if you place a Quidco cookie on the Amex site thru following the Quidco link, and THEN use the email link from your friend to signup, you'll be awarded both the bonus miles and the £25 Quidco cashback on top! 13,000 BA Miles is worth £91 based on MSE's loyalty points checker - twice that if you are redeeming a 2-4-1 voucher.
    Last edited by SpeedbirdOne; 12-01-2008 at 5:50 PM.
Page 8
    • JamieB
    • By JamieB 16th Apr 17, 2:27 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    JamieB
    <Post edited as unfortunately I'm not offering any Gold or Platinum referrals presently>
    Last edited by JamieB; 20-07-2017 at 3:39 PM.
    • Lukey25
    • By Lukey25 29th Apr 17, 3:48 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Lukey25
    Afternoon all - just to add I'm happy to refer anyone for the below American Express cards with the following bonuses

American Express Platinum Card - £50 bonus (if you are spending money quickly I'd advise getting this then cancelling once received and converted points as you'll receive a pro-rata refund)

Earn 35,000 membership reward points if I refer you (instead of the usual 30,000) when you spend £2000 in the first 3 months

I'd receive 18,000 points and give you £40

American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card

American Express Platinum Card - £20 bonus

Earn 22,000 membership reward points if I refer you (instead of the usual 20,000) when you spend £2000 in the first 3 months

I'd receive 9,000 points and give you £30
    • mkh
    • By mkh 9th May 17, 10:10 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mkh
    Can anyone refer me for the Amex Preferred Rewards Gold Card with a referral split?

PM me.

Thanks.
    • vns
    • By vns 9th May 17, 11:09 AM
    • 179 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    vns
    Can anyone refer me for the Amex Preferred Rewards Gold Card with a referral split?

PM me.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by mkh
    Done! Thank you

- http://amex.co.uk/refer/3K36h?CPID=100200082
    + £20 Amazon voucher!
    Last edited by vns; 09-05-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    • Coinmachine
    • By Coinmachine 9th May 17, 11:09 AM
    • 212 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    Coinmachine
    Have PM'd you.

PM me.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by mkh
    I'm a greenfield sight for sore eyes, and sore eyes are just needing the light, the shapes, and the shadows of the space we share, before it splits into Thin Air.
    • mkh
    • By mkh 9th May 17, 11:31 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mkh
    Have PM'd you.
    Originally posted by Coinmachine
    Just used your referral
    • magicmat
    • By magicmat 29th May 17, 4:05 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    magicmat
    I did PM someone, but did not hear back. Please PM for a American Express Gold referral and Paypal Split Thanks
    • JamieB
    • By JamieB 29th May 17, 4:29 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    JamieB
    Hey,

I sent you a reply to your PM last week but perhaps you didn't get it. Sent again! More than happy to refer.

Cheers!

I did PM someone, but did not hear back. Please PM for a American Express Gold referral and Paypal Split Thanks
    Originally posted by magicmat
    • jraf
    • By jraf 29th May 17, 4:33 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    jraf
    just PM-ed you my referral link magicmat
    • JamieB
    • By JamieB 8th Jun 17, 7:40 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    JamieB
    Hey guys - now able to refer for the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) card. (Info still correct as of October 2017).

***BONUS £10*** via PayPal or bank transfer for anyone who uses this link and is subsequently approved. (Please PM me with your details as soon as you've applied so I know your referral is in process).

American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Card

--- Earn 11,000 starpoints if I refer you (instead of the usual 10,000) when you spend £1000 in the first 3 months
    --- Extra £10 direct to your paypal/bank account if you use my link
    --- Starpoints directly transferable to 35 airline frequent flyer programmes
    --- Potential to earn 12,000 frequent flyer points (11,000 bonus + 1,000 from spend) in 3 months or less
    --- Get a pro-rota refund of the £75 annual fee if cancelling after bonus points received
    --- Earn 1 starpoint for every £1 spent
    --- Full disclosure: I will receive 5,000 starpoints for your referral

This is a credit card (rather than a charge card) and you can hold this card as well as holding a Platinum / Gold charge card.

SPG points (starpoints) can be transferred directly to most major airlines frequent flyer programmes (and 1 starpoint = 1 airmile for the majority). If you transfer 20,000 points to an airline in one transaction, SPG will add a bonus 5,000 points/airmiles for free.

Feel free to PM with any questions!
    Last edited by JamieB; 08-10-2017 at 12:48 PM.
    • benj111
    • By benj111 9th Jun 17, 5:14 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    benj111
    Cashback Platinum
    Cashback Platinum everyday

Heres my referral link

£25 cashback each for the cashback platinum card
    £10 cashback each for the cashback platinum everyday card

PS Was checking rates on topcashback immediately before using a referral link and it tracked, (don't know if I will get paid) so you might be able to combine the 2.

PPS @sarakinnel, used you referal so you should be getting cashback soon.
    • philip1427
    • By philip1427 19th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    philip1427
    Can someone refer me for a BA amex card ?
    I'm apply for a BA Amex card. Could someone refer me please?
    • vns
    • By vns 19th Jun 17, 9:46 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    vns
    I'm apply for a BA Amex card. Could someone refer me please?
    Originally posted by philip1427

BA Premium Plus Card

- £150 annual fee
    + 26,000 bonus points, on spending £3,000
    + £20 Amazon voucher from me:
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/Gfzh3 (then select the Premium Plus card at the bottom under "Other Cards" for the extra points option)
    (I get 9,000 points for referring you)

BA American Express

+ free card
    + 6,000 bonus points, on spending £500
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/Gfzh3
    (I get 4,000 points for referring you)
    Last edited by vns; 20-06-2017 at 8:21 AM.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 20th Jun 17, 7:13 AM
    • 12,480 Posts
    • 39,713 Thanks
    sarah1972

BA American Express

+ free card
    + 4,000 bonus points, on spending £500
    (I get 3,000 points for referring you)
    Originally posted by vns
    Thats odd, mine is different?

You'll receive 4,000 Avios for each approved friend for the British Airways American Express Credit Card.
    They earn 6,000 Avios if they spend £1,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • vns
    • By vns 20th Jun 17, 8:19 AM
    • 179 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    vns
    Thats odd, mine is different?

You'll receive 4,000 Avios for each approved friend for the British Airways American Express Credit Card.
    They earn 6,000 Avios if they spend £1,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    Sarah, you are correct, I've corrected both amounts, the links are still the same and valid. Thank you! ☺

BA Premium Plus Card

- £150 annual fee
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/Gfzh3 (then select the Premium Plus card at the bottom under "Other Cards" for the extra points option)

BA American Express

+ free card
    • Marwanie
    • By Marwanie 27th Jun 17, 1:55 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Marwanie
    Going to be applying for these two cards:

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card

and

Lloyds Avios Reward Card

Would like to split referral bonus with someone - could you PM me what you guys would offer? Hoping to sign up today to either one or both.
    • jackyc123
    • By jackyc123 5th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jackyc123
    BA American Express card
    Hi all,

Could anyone refer me for the free BA American Express card?
    Whoever links it will receive 4000 Avios, and I'll get 6000.

Thanks,
    Jack
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 7th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 36,039 Posts
    • 151,555 Thanks
    silvercar
    BA Premium Plus Card

- £150 annual fee

BA American Express

+ free card
    Originally posted by vns
    Slight correction for you. The annual fee is now £195.
    • TheEffect
    • By TheEffect 12th Jul 17, 7:28 PM
    • 2,230 Posts
    • 1,753 Thanks
    TheEffect
    I'm going to be applying for the Gold card this weekend. If anyone is offering a ££ for referrals, PM me.

• Philip624
    • By Philip624 12th Jul 17, 7:55 PM
    • 560 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    Philip624
    I'm going to be applying for the Gold card this weekend. If anyone is offering a ££ for referrals, PM me.
    Originally posted by TheEffect

Have PMd you
    I can offer no resistance, I can offer no respite
    Wake me when conflict is over,
    I aim for a peaceful life,
    Wake me up when the fury is ended
    I like living a peaceful life
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,713Posts Today

7,672Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Common question, but actually its pretty meaningless - the amount to govt is arbitrary - i explain why here...? https://t.co/W6NFlmztaV

• RT @avantiproperty: @MartinSLewis You've got too much time on your hands.

• Today's Twitter poll: Bit out of no where this one. If you wear a watch which wrist is it on...

• Follow Martin