Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    SpeedbirdOne
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend)
    • 12th Jan 08, 4:08 PM
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend) 12th Jan 08 at 4:08 PM
    Hello All!

This is my first post to the MSE Forums, I'm a long time lurker, quite shy, haven't posted until now as I haven't had much to share, however that's just changed and thought I would share this with you all in the hope that others will benefit from this offer.

American Express have a new "Member Get Member" refer-a-friend campaign running. For the British Airways Amex Cards it works like this:

The person who is applying for the card gets:
    7,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for the Premium Plus card. (Possibly 13,000; see below)
    2,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for for the standard BA card. (Possibly 3,000; see below)

The person doing the referring gets (for a successful referral):
    2,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways card.
    4,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways Premium Plus card.

This compares to the standard 1,000/6,000 'first card use' miles advertised on Amex's site.

HOWEVER, when my father in law applied for the BA card - he received his 2,000 referral bonus instantly - AND, when he spent on the card for the first time, the 1,000 standard/advertised bonus was also awarded! He is now showing 3,030 miles (the bonus points plus his £30 spend points.) Therefore, although I'm not promising, you could receive upto 13,000 BA Miles for the Premium Plus if referred by a friend! (7,000 refer-a-friend bonus + standard 6,000 first use bonus.).

Another good reason to get the cards now is, once you have the card, you're more than welcome to refer your parents, inlaws, brothers, sisters, relatives, friends to get their own cards to boost your own BA Miles balance! Think of the possibilities! ;-)

I'm of course more than happy to be a friend to anyone here and refer you for a BA or BAPP credit card so you can get the bonus miles. Please PM your name and e-mail address and I'll fire you off an email.

I will be happy to make a donation to charity for each referral, as recommended by this site's rules. I'm thinking £5-10 per referral. This is much higher than the 10% recommended.

Here is the link for existing cardholders (to refer a friend with):
    http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/mgm/default.cgi

All the best,
    Speedy

P.S. it also appears that if you place a Quidco cookie on the Amex site thru following the Quidco link, and THEN use the email link from your friend to signup, you'll be awarded both the bonus miles and the £25 Quidco cashback on top! 13,000 BA Miles is worth £91 based on MSE's loyalty points checker - twice that if you are redeeming a 2-4-1 voucher.
    Last edited by SpeedbirdOne; 12-01-2008 at 5:50 PM.
Page 11
    • Colin Bannell
    • By Colin Bannell 30th Dec 17, 5:15 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Colin Bannell
    Hi, If I use your referral code today will you be able to send me the money please once the points have posted on your account?

Thanks Colin

--

[QUOTE=newuser86;73333308]UPDATE*****

FOR PLATINUM-PLEASE SELECT LINK AND SCROLL TO PLATINUM CARD TO OBTAIN WITH REFERRAL

card is free for the first year. With a £2,000 spend in three months you will get 20,000 points which can be exchanged for a number of rewards

With a referral you will get 22,000 points for the spend (bonus of 2,000 points)

You also get two free airport lounge passes

For a referral i will get 9,000 points

I will also give £25 via Paypal or BT on completion of the referral. Please contact me prior to applying so this can be arranged.

Please PM me for more details
    • Colin Bannell
    • By Colin Bannell 30th Dec 17, 5:17 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Colin Bannell
    American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card

Hello everybody, I will be signing up for this card today. Can someone send me a referral link please and let me know how much you could give me if I used your link? Thank you, Colin.
    • vns
    • By vns 30th Dec 17, 10:17 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    vns
    American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card

Hello everybody, I will be signing up for this card today. Can someone send me a referral link please and let me know how much you could give me if I used your link? Thank you, Colin.
    Originally posted by Colin Bannell
    I will refer you for the Gold card, please see the link below. Thank you.

Gold Charge Card

- first year free
    + 22,000 bonus points on spending £2,000
    + £20 Amazon voucher from me:
    - http://amex.co.uk/refer/shwetsJUJs
    (I get 9,000 points for referring you)

Platinum Charge Card

- £450 annual fee
    + 35,000 bonus points on spending £2,000
    + £40 Amazon voucher from me:
    - http://amex.co.uk/refer/shwetsJUJs (Select Platinum Charge at the bottom)
    (I get 18,000 points for referring you)

BA Premium Plus Card

- £150 annual fee
    + 26,000 bonus points, on spending £3,000
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/Gfzh3 (then select the Premium Plus card on the side for the extra points option)

BA American Express

+ free card
    + 6,000 bonus points, on spending £500
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/Gfzh3
    (I get 3,000 points for referring you)

Platinum Cashback Credit Card

- £25 annual fee
    + £25 bonus cashback for using this link and spending £1.
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/j3WRE
    (I get £25 for referring you)
    • salsarocks
    • By salsarocks 2nd Jan 18, 10:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    salsarocks
    I am here for your AMEX Gold & Platinum referrals
    *** Happy New Year to everyone! ***
    10 referrals remaining for this year so feel free to use my link and enjoy 2000 extra points for a Gold card application and 5000 extra points for a Platinum card application!

I would be delighted if you could use my link to apply for the following cards:

UK - AMEX - The Preferred Rewards Gold Card
    • 22,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points when you spend £2,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership. That's enough for a return flight from London to Marrakech.
    • Transfer your points to 15 major frequent flyer and hotel programmes
    • Two complimentary Lounge visits per year to use at over 350 airport lounges globally
    • 10% off Hertz base car rental rates, plus a one car class upgrade and additional driver fee waived. Upgrades are subject to availability
    • $75 USD hotel credit and room upgrade where available at over 350 hotels globally including Hilton, InterContinental and Sofitel
    • Earn one Membership Rewards Point for virtually every £1 spent on your Card and two additional points for virtually every £1 spent with American Express Travel
    • With American Express Invites®, Cardmembers can enjoy access to purchase tickets to a wide range of sought-after events, including music, theatre and film, often before tickets go on sale to the general public. With a selection of more than 400 restaurants, global dining programme Taste from American Express Invites will also help you to find delicious places to eat on your travels
    • The Card includes travel and shopping Purchase Protection
    • Annual fee: £0 for 1st Year (£140 from Year 2)

UK - AMEX - The Preferred Rewards Gold Card
    • 35,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points when you spend £2,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership.
    • Unlimited access to over 1,000 airport VIP lounges in 83 countries around the world
    • Comprehensive travel insurance benefits for you, your immediate family, your
    • Supplementary Cardmembers and their immediate family, from the moment you book with your Card
    • Dedicated Platinum Travel and Concierge services to take care of travel plans, tickets or dinner reservations
    • Points are redeemable for a wide range of products, vouchers, experiences, travel and hotel stays – visit membershiprewards.co.uk for more information. Terms, taxes fees and charges apply
    • Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for virtually every full £1 spent
    • Annual fee: £450

Apply here now!: amex.co.uk/refer/alexagHgVS
    • winifer569
    • By winifer569 3rd Jan 18, 9:22 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    winifer569
    Interested in the Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card?

Earn 5% cashback up to £100 cashback for your first three months of Cardmembership
    Plus £10 bonus cashbackafter you first spend on the Card by going through referral link

amex.co.uk/refer/thomawmT3C

Many thanks
    • Times Are Hard
    • By Times Are Hard 6th Jan 18, 1:47 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Times Are Hard
    Hi,

I'm looking at getting the AMEX preferred rewards gold card.

Thanks
    • don9999
    • By don9999 6th Jan 18, 7:34 PM
    • 493 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    don9999
    I am planning to get an AMEX Gold Charge Card.

Will be happy to receive a referral.

VNS - are you still offering referrals?

Or anyone else? Just PM me :-)
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
    • vns
    • By vns 7th Jan 18, 12:15 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    vns
    I am still referring. Offers as above. Drop me a pm if you have any additional questions? I've not had any complaints so far ☺
    • AS111
    • By AS111 9th Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AS111
    Referral
    Hi, I'd like to use your referral link.
    • AS111
    • By AS111 9th Jan 18, 10:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AS111
    Please PM me. Thanks
    • vns
    • By vns 10th Jan 18, 2:54 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    vns
    Please PM me. Thanks
    Originally posted by AS111

Hello, I have now PM'd you. Thanks.

I will refer you for the Gold card, please see the link below. Thank you.

Gold Charge Card

- first year free
    + 22,000 bonus points on spending £2,000
    - http://amex.co.uk/refer/shwetsJUJs

Platinum Charge Card

- £450 annual fee
    + 35,000 bonus points on spending £2,000
    + £40 Amazon voucher from me:
    - http://amex.co.uk/refer/shwetsJUJs (Select Platinum Charge at the bottom)
    (I get 18,000 points for referring you)

BA Premium Plus Card

- £150 annual fee
    + 26,000 bonus points, on spending £3,000
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/Gfzh3 (then select the Premium Plus card on the side for the extra points option)

BA American Express

+ free card
    + 6,000 bonus points, on spending £500
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/Gfzh3
    (I get 3,000 points for referring you)

Platinum Cashback Credit Card

- £25 annual fee
    + £25 bonus cashback for using this link and spending £1.
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/j3WRE
    (I get £25 for referring you)
    • rascal88
    • By rascal88 14th Jan 18, 11:35 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    rascal88
    Amex.co.uk/refer/jaimasA56U?XLINK=MYEM
    Thinking to Apply - Amex Preferred Rewards Gold card - The card is free for first year (£140 fees from 2nd year, but you can cancel anytime before that)

You need to spend £2000 in first 3 months & you will get total of 24000 points.

Normal Signup bonus is 20000 points, if You apply directly at AMex, BUT
    If you use my referral link, you will get extra 2000 points.

Check My referral Link is below (for Amex Preferred Rewards Gold card) ( just copy and paste into browser)

amex.co.uk/refer/jaimasA56U?XLINK=MYEM
    • Times Are Hard
    • By Times Are Hard 16th Jan 18, 1:27 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Times Are Hard
    I'm new to this referall side of things, what is our guarantee that people that message us with referral offers actually fullfil their part?
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 16th Jan 18, 1:51 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 3,348 Thanks
    luke2010
    I guess there is no real guarantee. Though I don’t see why someone would not fulfil their part as referring is quite lucrative and someone posting here that someone hasn’t fulfilled their part would put people off. If you are looking for a referral let me know
    • newuser86
    • By newuser86 16th Jan 18, 3:52 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    newuser86
    I think that is why some of us post successful referrals in our ad so that others are aware beforehand that referrals have been met

I completely agree that there is nothing stopping people from receiving a referral and never logging on ever again.
    • tulips
    • By tulips 17th Jan 18, 3:45 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    tulips
    It's been over a year since I had a gold charge card so looking for another referral (not lfc4ever tho as he was a non payer...).

Looks like £20 is the going rate at the moment. please PM me with a referral if you are currently doing this.

Thanks,
    Simon
    • vns
    • By vns 17th Jan 18, 4:19 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    vns
    I've just dropped you a PM ☺

It's been over a year since I had a gold charge card so looking for another referral (not lfc4ever tho as he was a non payer...).

Looks like £20 is the going rate at the moment. please PM me with a referral if you are currently doing this.

Thanks,
    Simon
    Originally posted by tulips
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 18th Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    • 1,156 Posts
    • 2,220 Thanks
    m1kjm
    http://amex.co.uk/refer/karenmkz54?XLINK=MYCP

You will earn £10 cashback if you use my link for this card with no annual fee.
    Thank you.
    • Nuadha
    • By Nuadha 20th Jan 18, 9:03 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nuadha
    I have a referral link for a gold card, please let me know if you use it. I will either provide a £20 Amazon voucher or will use your referral link later in the year of you prefer! (Obviously only can do that for one person) Please PM me if you want to use it so I can send to you!
    • AS111
    • By AS111 21st Jan 18, 9:02 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AS111
    Amex referral
    PM me for my link for the Amex Preferred Rewards Gold Card.

The Amex Gold card is free for the first year. With a £2,000 spend in three months you will get 20,000 points which can be exchanged for a number of rewards

With a referral you will get 22,000 points for the same spend (bonus of 2,000 points).

You also get two free airport lounge passes.

For a referral I will get 9,000 points

Please PM me for more details.

PM me for my link for the Amex Platinum Everyday Cashback Credit Card.

You will earn £10 cash back when you apply for the Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card, are approved and when you spend over £1 on the Card.

This is in addition to the 5% cash back ie £100 cash back for spending £2000 in the first 3 months.

PM me for further details.

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,895Posts Today

8,894Users online

Martin's Twitter