Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    SpeedbirdOne
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend)
    • 12th Jan 08, 4:08 PM
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend) 12th Jan 08 at 4:08 PM
    Hello All!

This is my first post to the MSE Forums, I'm a long time lurker, quite shy, haven't posted until now as I haven't had much to share, however that's just changed and thought I would share this with you all in the hope that others will benefit from this offer.

American Express have a new "Member Get Member" refer-a-friend campaign running. For the British Airways Amex Cards it works like this:

The person who is applying for the card gets:
    7,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for the Premium Plus card. (Possibly 13,000; see below)
    2,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for for the standard BA card. (Possibly 3,000; see below)

The person doing the referring gets (for a successful referral):
    2,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways card.
    4,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways Premium Plus card.

This compares to the standard 1,000/6,000 'first card use' miles advertised on Amex's site.

HOWEVER, when my father in law applied for the BA card - he received his 2,000 referral bonus instantly - AND, when he spent on the card for the first time, the 1,000 standard/advertised bonus was also awarded! He is now showing 3,030 miles (the bonus points plus his £30 spend points.) Therefore, although I'm not promising, you could receive upto 13,000 BA Miles for the Premium Plus if referred by a friend! (7,000 refer-a-friend bonus + standard 6,000 first use bonus.).

Another good reason to get the cards now is, once you have the card, you're more than welcome to refer your parents, inlaws, brothers, sisters, relatives, friends to get their own cards to boost your own BA Miles balance! Think of the possibilities! ;-)

I'm of course more than happy to be a friend to anyone here and refer you for a BA or BAPP credit card so you can get the bonus miles. Please PM your name and e-mail address and I'll fire you off an email.

I will be happy to make a donation to charity for each referral, as recommended by this site's rules. I'm thinking £5-10 per referral. This is much higher than the 10% recommended.

Here is the link for existing cardholders (to refer a friend with):
    http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/mgm/default.cgi

All the best,
    Speedy

P.S. it also appears that if you place a Quidco cookie on the Amex site thru following the Quidco link, and THEN use the email link from your friend to signup, you'll be awarded both the bonus miles and the £25 Quidco cashback on top! 13,000 BA Miles is worth £91 based on MSE's loyalty points checker - twice that if you are redeeming a 2-4-1 voucher.
    Last edited by SpeedbirdOne; 12-01-2008 at 5:50 PM.
Page 10
    • microwave
    • By microwave 28th Sep 17, 7:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    microwave
    Hi all! Please feel free to use my referral link: amex.co.uk/refer/vincecp1yG
    Once you are approved, please send me a PM to receive £35 from me!

***I have 8 available referrals remaining***

American Express Preferred Rewards GOLD
    YOU receive 22,000 AMEX MR points upon spending £2,000 within the first 3 months of membership
    YOU receive £35 from me via bank transfer or PayPal once AMEX sends me confirmation (usually within 2 business days of card approval)

American Express Platinum Card
    YOU receive 35,000 AMEX MR points upon spending £2,000 within the first 3 months of membership
    YOU receive £35 from me via bank transfer or PayPal once AMEX sends me confirmation (usually within 2 business days of card approval)
    **In order to apply for the Platinum Card, please click on my link and scroll to the bottom of the page; under "Other Cards", click "The Platinum Card"**

amex.co.uk/refer/vincecp1yG

Please send me a private message if you have any questions; I will respond as soon as possible!
    Last edited by microwave; 15-10-2017 at 7:05 PM.
    • Steviealexander
    • By Steviealexander 6th Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Steviealexander
    Hello this is my referral for the amex gold card if you use my referral code I will pay you £20 via paypal or bank transfer, I will also donate an extra £5 to the cats protection charity.

amex.co.uk/refer/stephtR6wc

American Express Preferred Rewards GOLD

You will receive 22,000 AMEX MR points upon spending £2,000 within the first 3 months of membership
    You will receive £20 from me via bank transfer or PayPal once AMEX sends me confirmation (usually within a couple of days of card approval). Applying for the card is relatively easy.

I will receive 9000 AMEX MR points for referring you.

Please PM me if you decide to use my referral link

Thanks Stephen
    • n.harvey47
    • By n.harvey47 8th Oct 17, 8:50 PM
    • 135 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    n.harvey47
    Amex - Nectar Credit Card, 21k Bonus points (worth >£105)
    Hi,

Here is my referral link: http://amex.co.uk/refer/neilhX0FW?XLINK=MYCP

What you get:
    * 21,000 bonus points on spending £2,000 in the first 90 days instead of the standard 20,000.
    * Card is free in the first year
    * Full details are available from here: http://amex.co/1WyJpzB

What I get in return:
    * 5,000 for referring you

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them!
    • Oli20
    • By Oli20 21st Oct 17, 4:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Oli20
    American Express Referrals
    Hi All

I currently have a limited amount of referrals available for the Gold and Platinum cards.

QUICK LINKS
    Gold (22,000pts + £40): amex.co.uk/refer/oliurrLLOr?XLINK=MYCP

Platinum
    (35,000pts + £70): amex.co.uk/refer/oliurr43hY?XLINK=MYCP

Once you have been accepted and referral points have credited to my account, I will pay you the referral bonus via paypal. PM me once you have signed up.

FULL DETAILS:

American Express Preferred Rewards Gold – earn 22,000 Membership Rewards points when signing up and spending £2,000 within three months. The card is FREE for the first year and you can cancel at any time.

Other perks:
    · Lounge Club Membership – providing two passes to visit over 1,000 lounges across the world.
    · 10% discount and free additional driver on Hertz bookings. T
    · £55/$75 in-hotel credit and an upgrade in over 350 hotels when booked by an Amex Gold cardholder via the American Express travel service

I will receive 9,000 points for referring you and therefore I will also send £40 via Paypal once you have been accepted and the referral points have credited to my account.

*****(5 Referrals Remaining - Earn £40 + 22,000 points)*****
    LINK: amex.co.uk/refer/oliurrLLOr?XLINK=MYCP

----

American Express Platinum Charge Card – earn 35,000 Membership Rewards points when signing up and spending £2,000 within three months. The card has a £450 annual fee but this is refundable pro-rata when you cancel or downgrade to the Rewards Gold card.

Other perks:
    • 2 Priority Pass Card – providing up to four people UNLIMITED access to over 1,000 lounges across the world.
    • Full car hire insurance – with no requirement to pay with your card.
    • Permanent status in various hotel schemes:
    • Gold in Starwood Preferred Guest, Club Carlson, Hilton Honors, Melia Rewards
    • Jade in Shangri-La Golden Circle
    • Access to an exclusive hotel booking scheme called ‘Fine Hotels & Resorts’ which offers valuable additional benefits on your stays valued at £340/$450
    I will receive 18,000 points for referring you and therefore I will also send £70 via Paypal once you have been accepted and the referral points have credited to my account.

*****(3 Referrals Remaining - Earn £70 + 35,000 points)*****
    LINK: amex.co.uk/refer/oliurr43hY?XLINK=MYCP

PM for any queries relating to airmiles, travel reward schemes or anything to do with travel!!!
    Last edited by Oli20; 21-10-2017 at 4:48 PM.
    • loc36
    • By loc36 23rd Oct 17, 11:10 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    loc36
    American Express Everyday Platinum Cashback card - increased referral Get £15 when using my referral link

Amex has increased the referral rate to the refer to £20. The person making the application still gets £10

Use my link and on a successful application I will BACS/Paypal you an additional £5 - works out to £15 each

Please message me for the referral link
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,006Posts Today

9,786Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin