Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    SpeedbirdOne
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend)
    • 12th Jan 08, 4:08 PM
    BA Amex Cards: Get 7,000/13,000 BA Miles Bonus! (Refer-a-friend) 12th Jan 08 at 4:08 PM
    Hello All!

This is my first post to the MSE Forums, I'm a long time lurker, quite shy, haven't posted until now as I haven't had much to share, however that's just changed and thought I would share this with you all in the hope that others will benefit from this offer.

American Express have a new "Member Get Member" refer-a-friend campaign running. For the British Airways Amex Cards it works like this:

The person who is applying for the card gets:
    7,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for the Premium Plus card. (Possibly 13,000; see below)
    2,000 BA Miles if they're referred & accepted for for the standard BA card. (Possibly 3,000; see below)

The person doing the referring gets (for a successful referral):
    2,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways card.
    4,000 BA Miles if they hold an Amex British Airways Premium Plus card.

This compares to the standard 1,000/6,000 'first card use' miles advertised on Amex's site.

HOWEVER, when my father in law applied for the BA card - he received his 2,000 referral bonus instantly - AND, when he spent on the card for the first time, the 1,000 standard/advertised bonus was also awarded! He is now showing 3,030 miles (the bonus points plus his £30 spend points.) Therefore, although I'm not promising, you could receive upto 13,000 BA Miles for the Premium Plus if referred by a friend! (7,000 refer-a-friend bonus + standard 6,000 first use bonus.).

Another good reason to get the cards now is, once you have the card, you're more than welcome to refer your parents, inlaws, brothers, sisters, relatives, friends to get their own cards to boost your own BA Miles balance! Think of the possibilities! ;-)

I'm of course more than happy to be a friend to anyone here and refer you for a BA or BAPP credit card so you can get the bonus miles. Please PM your name and e-mail address and I'll fire you off an email.

I will be happy to make a donation to charity for each referral, as recommended by this site's rules. I'm thinking £5-10 per referral. This is much higher than the 10% recommended.

Here is the link for existing cardholders (to refer a friend with):
    http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/mgm/default.cgi

All the best,
    Speedy

P.S. it also appears that if you place a Quidco cookie on the Amex site thru following the Quidco link, and THEN use the email link from your friend to signup, you'll be awarded both the bonus miles and the £25 Quidco cashback on top! 13,000 BA Miles is worth £91 based on MSE's loyalty points checker - twice that if you are redeeming a 2-4-1 voucher.
    Last edited by SpeedbirdOne; 12-01-2008 at 5:50 PM.
Page 10
    • microwave
    • By microwave 28th Sep 17, 7:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    microwave
    Hi all! Please feel free to use my referral link: amex.co.uk/refer/vincecp1yG
    Once you are approved, please send me a PM to receive £35 from me!

***I have 7 available referrals remaining***

American Express Preferred Rewards GOLD
    YOU receive 22,000 AMEX MR points upon spending £2,000 within the first 3 months of membership
    YOU receive £35 from me via bank transfer or PayPal once AMEX sends me confirmation (usually within 2 business days of card approval)

American Express Platinum Card
    YOU receive 35,000 AMEX MR points upon spending £2,000 within the first 3 months of membership
    YOU receive £35 from me via bank transfer or PayPal once AMEX sends me confirmation (usually within 2 business days of card approval)
    **In order to apply for the Platinum Card, please click on my link and scroll to the bottom of the page; under "Other Cards", click "The Platinum Card"**

amex.co.uk/refer/vincecp1yG

Please send me a private message if you have any questions; I will respond as soon as possible!
    Last edited by microwave; 24-10-2017 at 12:36 PM.
    • Steviealexander
    • By Steviealexander 6th Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Steviealexander
    Hello this is my referral for the amex gold card if you use my referral code I will pay you £20 via paypal or bank transfer, I will also donate an extra £5 to the cats protection charity.

amex.co.uk/refer/stephtR6wc

American Express Preferred Rewards GOLD

You will receive 22,000 AMEX MR points upon spending £2,000 within the first 3 months of membership
    You will receive £20 from me via bank transfer or PayPal once AMEX sends me confirmation (usually within a couple of days of card approval). Applying for the card is relatively easy.

I will receive 9000 AMEX MR points for referring you.

Please PM me if you decide to use my referral link

Thanks Stephen
    • n.harvey47
    • By n.harvey47 8th Oct 17, 8:50 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    n.harvey47
    Amex - Nectar Credit Card, 21k Bonus points (worth >£105)
    Hi,

Here is my referral link: http://amex.co.uk/refer/neilhX0FW?XLINK=MYCP

What you get:
    * 21,000 bonus points on spending £2,000 in the first 90 days instead of the standard 20,000.
    * Card is free in the first year
    * Full details are available from here: http://amex.co/1WyJpzB

What I get in return:
    * 5,000 for referring you

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them!
    • Oli20
    • By Oli20 21st Oct 17, 4:16 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Oli20
    American Express Referrals
    Hi All

****UPDATED WITH NEW AVAILABILITY****

I currently have a limited amount of referrals available for the Gold and Platinum cards. Plus you receive up to £70 cash for using my link. See below:

QUICK LINKS
    Gold (22,000pts + £40):

amex.co.uk/refer/shahabfDBZ

(the platinum page will load, scroll to the bottom and click on the gold card, then 'Apply Now' on the next screen)

Platinum
    (35,000pts + £70):

Once you have been accepted and referral points have credited to my account, I will pay you the referral bonus via paypal. PM me once you have signed up.

FULL DETAILS:

American Express Preferred Rewards Gold – earn 22,000 Membership Rewards points when signing up and spending £2,000 within three months. The card is FREE for the first year and you can cancel at any time.

Other perks:
    · Lounge Club Membership – providing two passes to visit over 1,000 lounges across the world.
    · 10% discount and free additional driver on Hertz bookings. T
    · £55/$75 in-hotel credit and an upgrade in over 350 hotels when booked by an Amex Gold cardholder via the American Express travel service

I will receive 9,000 points for referring you and therefore I will also send £40 via Paypal once you have been accepted and the referral points have credited to my account.

*****(5 Referrals Remaining - Earn £40 + 22,000 points)*****
    LINK: amex.co.uk/refer/shahabfDBZ
    (the platinum page will load, scroll to the bottom and click on the gold card, then 'Apply Now' on the next screen)

----

American Express Platinum Charge Card – earn 35,000 Membership Rewards points when signing up and spending £2,000 within three months. The card has a £450 annual fee but this is refundable pro-rata when you cancel or downgrade to the Rewards Gold card.

Other perks:
    • 2 Priority Pass Card – providing up to four people UNLIMITED access to over 1,000 lounges across the world.
    • Full car hire insurance – with no requirement to pay with your card.
    • Permanent status in various hotel schemes:
    • Gold in Starwood Preferred Guest, Club Carlson, Hilton Honors, Melia Rewards
    • Jade in Shangri-La Golden Circle
    • Access to an exclusive hotel booking scheme called ‘Fine Hotels & Resorts’ which offers valuable additional benefits on your stays valued at £340/$450
    I will receive 18,000 points for referring you and therefore I will also send £70 via Paypal once you have been accepted and the referral points have credited to my account.

*****(3 Referrals Remaining - Earn £70 + 35,000 points)*****
    LINK: amex.co.uk/refer/shahabfDBZ

PM me with any queries.

Paid so far:

LG57
    DBHUDIA
    MIDUCK
    Last edited by Oli20; 27-11-2017 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Updated availability
    • pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 28th Oct 17, 3:48 PM
    • 9,738 Posts
    • 23,279 Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card

£10 bonus cashback for spending over £1

Earn 5% cashback up to £100 cashback for your first three months of Card membership. After the first three months of Card membership you’ll earn up to 1% cashback, depending on how much you spend on the Card:

- Spend £0 to £5,000 and receive 0.5% cashback on all purchases

- Spend over £5,001 and receive 1% cashback on all purchases

no annual fee for the card

my link http://amex.co.uk/refer/emmabdL45?CPID=100296734
    know thyself

MFW 2017 #22 - £6341.07 /£7,000 (90%)
    MFi3 v4 #29 target £75,000

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
    • jraf
    • By jraf 28th Oct 17, 6:02 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    jraf
    AMEX Gold Reward Card - 22,000 points:
    Please use my referral link for an AMEX gold reward card with 22,000 bonus points

http://amex.co.uk/refer/jamesf3RBa?CPID=100200078
    • genetic
    • By genetic 29th Oct 17, 9:47 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    genetic
    I've used the one above. If anyone is interested in the BA card, please consider using my referral link:

http://amex.co.uk/refer/tiened6uja?XLINK=MYCP

You'll receive 6,000 Avios if you spend £1,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership. (This is more than if you don't use the referral links.)

I’ll receive 4,000 Avios for each approved friend.

Thanks.
    • newuser86
    • By newuser86 29th Oct 17, 8:36 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    newuser86
    UPDATE*****

FOR PLATINUM-PLEASE SELECT LINK AND SCROLL TO PLATINUM CARD TO OBTAIN WITH REFERRAL

The Amex Gold card is free for the first year. With a £2,000 spend in three months you will get 20,000 points which can be exchanged for a number of rewards

With a referral you will get 22,000 points for the spend (bonus of 2,000 points)

You also get two free airport lounge passes

For a referral i will get 9,000 points

I will also give £25 via Paypal or BT on completion of the referral. Please contact me prior to applying so this can be arranged.

Please PM me for more details

Amex Platinum

The Amex platinum offers elite status at a number of chains
    *Hilton
    *SPG
    *Melia Hotels
    *Hertz

It also gives priority pass which allows cardholder plus one guest free entry into a number of airport lounges.

The annual fee is £450 which is refundable pro rata
    For joining you get 30,000 Membership Rewards points with a £2,000 spend.
    With my referral you will get a 5,000 bonus points so 35,000 points for the same spend

I will receive 18,000 for the referral

I will also give £25 via Paypal or BT on completion of the referral. Please contact me prior to applying so this can be arranged.

If you need any assistance with mile collections or anything travel related drop me a PM

Referrals paid so far
    1. iloveoffers
    2. mbh1wsl
    3. tholden

UNLIKE OTHERS I AM NOT A NEW POSTER AND HAVE BEEN ON THIS SITE FOR YEARS AND AS ABOVE HAVE CONFIRMED PAYMENTS FOR REFERRALS. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK

THANKS
    Last edited by newuser86; 04-11-2017 at 6:35 PM. Reason: WRONG LINK
    • jayballs118
    • By jayballs118 31st Oct 17, 7:50 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    jayballs118
    Hello all! Please feel free to use my referral links. There are different ones depending on what cards you are interested in

British Airways -
    Code:
    amex.co.uk/refer/lukebu2ME
    Preferred Rewards Gold / Platinum Card -
    Code:
    amex.co.uk/refer/lukeboq60
    Some details on the benefits on each card...

British Airways American Express® Premium Plus Card

You receive:

26,000 bonus Avios welcome offer, if you spend £3,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership. (1000 more than if you applied directly)

Apply here -
    Code:
    I recieve 9000 bonus Avios for referring you

British Airways American Express® Credit Card

6,000 bonus Avios welcome offer, if you spend £1,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership (1000 more than if you applied directly)

Apply here -
    Code:
    (Click view other cards then learn more on the other British Airways Amex)

I recieve 4000 bonus Avios for referring you

The Platinum Card®

Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® points when you spend £2,000 within the first three months of Card membership. (5000 more than if you applied directly)

Apply here -
    Code:
    I recieve 18000 bonus points for referring you

The Preferred Rewards Gold Card FREE for first year!

Earn 22,000 Membership Rewards® points when you spend £2,000 within the first three months of Card membership. (2000 more than if you applied directly)

Apply here -
    Code:
    (Click view other cards then learn more on the The Preferred Rewards Gold Card)

I recieve bonus points for this referral too, but I'm not sure how many!

Please send me a message if you have any questions!
    • Merlin's Beard
    • By Merlin's Beard 11th Nov 17, 4:00 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 825 Thanks
    Merlin's Beard
    Platinum Everyday Card (the one you don't pay for)

£10 crredit to you when you sign up, and when you spend over £1

I get £20.

Link: http://amex.co.uk/refer/ZOqxj
    Grocery Challenge June 17 onward; aim: £100/month; leftovers to date: £8.79
    • winifer569
    • By winifer569 13th Nov 17, 9:28 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    winifer569
    Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card referral
    Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card referral link below;

amex.co.uk/refer/thomawmT3C Copy and paste this into a browser( i can't post urls as im a newbie!

You earn £10 cashback when they apply for the Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card, are approved and when they first spend over £1 on the Card.

I get £20 of which i will give £10 to a charity of your choice
    • salsarocks
    • By salsarocks 15th Nov 17, 4:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    salsarocks
    UK - AMEX - The Preferred Rewards Gold & The Platinum Cards Referral
    I would be delighted if you could use my link to apply for the following cards:

UK - AMEX - The Preferred Rewards Gold Card
    • 22,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points when you spend £2,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership. That's enough for a return flight from London to Marrakech.
    • Transfer your points to 15 major frequent flyer and hotel programmes
    • Two complimentary Lounge visits per year to use at over 350 airport lounges globally
    • 10% off Hertz base car rental rates, plus a one car class upgrade and additional driver fee waived. Upgrades are subject to availability
    • $75 USD hotel credit and room upgrade where available at over 350 hotels globally including Hilton, InterContinental and Sofitel
    • Earn one Membership Rewards Point for virtually every £1 spent on your Card and two additional points for virtually every £1 spent with American Express Travel
    • With American Express Invites®, Cardmembers can enjoy access to purchase tickets to a wide range of sought-after events, including music, theatre and film, often before tickets go on sale to the general public. With a selection of more than 400 restaurants, global dining programme Taste from American Express Invites will also help you to find delicious places to eat on your travels
    • The Card includes travel and shopping Purchase Protection
    • Annual fee: £0 for 1st Year (£140 from Year 2)

UK - AMEX - The Preferred Rewards Gold Card
    • 35,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points when you spend £2,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership.
    • Unlimited access to over 1,000 airport VIP lounges in 83 countries around the world
    • Comprehensive travel insurance benefits for you, your immediate family, your
    • Supplementary Cardmembers and their immediate family, from the moment you book with your Card
    • Dedicated Platinum Travel and Concierge services to take care of travel plans, tickets or dinner reservations
    • Points are redeemable for a wide range of products, vouchers, experiences, travel and hotel stays – visit membershiprewards.co.uk for more information. Terms, taxes fees and charges apply
    • Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for virtually every full £1 spent
    • Annual fee: £450

Apply here now!: amex.co.uk/refer/alexagHgVS
    • Michal84
    • By Michal84 22nd Nov 17, 1:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Michal84
    UK AMEX credit cards with Amazon Gift cards
    UK AMEX credit cards with extra AMAZON e-gift cards

Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card

Earn 11,000 Starpoints when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership
    Plus extra £40 Amazon e-gift card from me.

Highlights
    - Earn 1 Starpoint with virtually every full £1 spent on your card - that is in addition to the Starpoints you earn at Starwood Preferred Guest hotels and resorts as an SPG member
    - Transfer your Starpoints to over 30 major airline frequent flyers programmes
    - Automatic upgrade to Gold status when you spend £15,000 on your Card within a Card anniversary year
    - Travel Accident cover of up to £150,000 on public transport when tickets are purchased with the Card
    - Travel Inconvenience insurance covering flight cancellations, and delayed baggage when flights are purchased on your Card
    - pro-rata £75 annual fee

Apply here: amex.co.uk/refer/michagy3NF?

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Credit Card

Earn 26,000 Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership
    Plus extra £50 Amazon e-gift card from me.

Highlights
    - Earn 1.5 Avios for every £1 spent on purchases on the Card
    - Earn 3 Avios for virtually every £1 you spend on British Airways flights and holidays when booked direct with British Airways
    - Spend £10,000 or more within an anniversary year to earn a complimentary Companion Voucher, valid for 24 months, so you can take someone on a reward flight with you
    - Travel Inconvenience insurance providing compensation for flight delays, delayed luggage, missed connections and denied boarding for any flight purchased with the Card
    - pro-rata £195 annual fee

Apply here (scroll down the page for this card): amex.co.uk/refer/michag0RyU?

British Airways American Express Credit Card

Earn 6,000 Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership
    Plus extra £20 Amazon e-gift card from me.

Highlights
    - Earn 1 Avios for every £1 spent on purchases on the Card
    - Spend £20,000 or more within an anniversary year to earn a complimentary Companion Voucher, valid for 12 months, so you can take someone on a reward flight with you
    - Travel Accident cover of up to £75,000 on public transport when you buy your ticket with your Card
    - no annual fee

Apply here: amex.co.uk/refer/michag0RyU?

Amazon e-gift cards will be sent to you usually 3 working days after your successful application when I receive referral bonus on my account.

Just contact me via PM.
    Last edited by Michal84; 22-11-2017 at 2:31 PM. Reason: adding links
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 22nd Nov 17, 1:57 PM
    • 31,943 Posts
    • 37,677 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Put your amex referral link in your post or it will be removed
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Oli20
    • By Oli20 27th Nov 17, 11:32 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Oli20
    Hi All

****UPDATED WITH NEW AVAILABILITY****

I currently have a limited amount of referrals available for the Gold and Platinum cards. Plus you receive up to £70 cash for using my link. See below:

Gold (22,000pts + £40) 4 Remaining:

(when you use this link, the platinum card page will load, scroll to the bottom and click on the Preferred Rewards Gold Card, then 'Apply Now' on the next screen, it should offer you 22,000pts)

Platinum
    (35,000pts + £70) 3 Remaining:

Once you have been accepted and referral points have credited to my account, I will pay you the referral bonus of £40 or £70 via paypal. PM me once you have signed up with your name and paypal address.

Paid so far:

LG57
    DBHUDIA
    MIDUCK
    GAZDUDE

Any questions please PM me.

Thanks,

Oli
    Last edited by Oli20; 10-12-2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason: New payout and updated availability
    • davidbrent3
    • By davidbrent3 12th Dec 17, 6:43 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    davidbrent3
    Amex referral
    All I'm after an Amex referral for a gold card. I need details of the person who refers me too, to ensure if im scammed I have the refers details so can pursue the matter. Looking for £35. Lots of people on this site offering nothing when quidco offers £10.
    • vns
    • By vns 12th Dec 17, 7:50 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    vns
    Hello,
    I can refer you for the Amex Gold.
    1. I'll offer you £25 once the points post. Ideally as an amazon voucher so I don't need any bank details.
    2. I've been on here for years and referred a number of people. Never had any problems
    3. My link details are below.
    4. Any additional questions, please PM me.
    5. I also reply quickly ☺

All I'm after an Amex referral for a gold card. I need details of the person who refers me too, to ensure if im scammed I have the refers details so can pursue the matter. Looking for £35. Lots of people on this site offering nothing when quidco offers £10.
    Originally posted by davidbrent3
    Updated Amex links as of 04th September 2017. PM me for more details if you need it. If you choose one of my links, let me know so I can look out for the referral bonus.

Gold Charge Card

- first year free
    + 22,000 bonus points on spending £2,000
    + £20 Amazon voucher from me:
    - http://amex.co.uk/refer/shwetsJUJs
    (I get 9,000 points for referring you)

Platinum Charge Card

- £450 annual fee
    + 35,000 bonus points on spending £2,000
    + £40 Amazon voucher from me:
    - http://amex.co.uk/refer/shwetsJUJs (Select Platinum Charge at the bottom)
    (I get 18,000 points for referring you)

BA Premium Plus Card

- £150 annual fee
    + 26,000 bonus points, on spending £3,000
    + £20 Amazon voucher from me:
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/Gfzh3 (then select the Premium Plus card on the side for the extra points option)
    (I get 9,000 points for referring you)

BA American Express

+ free card
    + 6,000 bonus points, on spending £500
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/Gfzh3
    (I get 3,000 points for referring you)

Platinum Cashback Credit Card

- £25 annual fee
    + £25 bonus cashback for using this link and spending £1.
    + http://amex.co.uk/refer/j3WRE
    (I get £25 for referring you)
    Originally posted by vns
    • davidbrent3
    • By davidbrent3 12th Dec 17, 9:41 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    davidbrent3
    No thanks. The 9000 points are worth more than that.
    • davidbrent3
    • By davidbrent3 12th Dec 17, 9:44 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    davidbrent3
    I should have said the £35 is non negotiable and so is the information on who I'm dealing with to ensure I'm paid
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,558Posts Today

8,409Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: REPORT PUBLISHED: We reveal how #regulators of essential services can level the playing field & better support consumers with #m?

• RT @mmhpi: "I have massive #anxiety about talking to strangers on the phone" - Regulators must improve the accessibility of essential serv?

• RT @itvMLshow: I know you may be sad that we have no more shows this year BUT you wont have to wait too long for our next LIVE SPECIAL whic?

• Follow Martin