Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Moon Keh
    • By Moon Keh 15th Nov 16, 1:45 AM
    • 51Posts
    • 46Thanks
    Moon Keh
    Tonik
    • 15th Nov 16, 1:45 AM
    Tonik 15th Nov 16 at 1:45 AM
    A new name showed up when I was investigating whether a change of electricity supplier would be worthwhile: Tonik. Looked quite competitive for me, with the snag being that I've never heard of them and know nothing about them.

The inevitable question is, do you know anything? I was looking for an independent review, but all I can find is the company's own website.

Are they worth going with? Anyone with any information/opinions, I'd be grateful if you could respond. I can't see this question as having been asked before, but if it has, please can someone direct me to the appropriate thread.

Thank you!
Page 2
    • Moon Keh
    • By Moon Keh 19th Apr 17, 12:22 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Moon Keh
    OK, so it's Tonik Time!

While I've held off so far, Tonik are still a little cheaper than my current fix from Robin Hood. As there's no cost for an early exit with Robin Hood, I'm now on my way over to Tonik.

It's purely on cost. Robin Hood might have been a little slow to answer the phone at times, but dealing with them didn't leave me feeling like I was dealing with an adversary. I'd happily use them again if the price was right.
    Signature on hold as I've seen no unused witty comments to plaigarise.
    • ringo_24601
    • By ringo_24601 19th Apr 17, 1:26 PM
    • 16,859 Posts
    • 27,379 Thanks
    ringo_24601
    right.. i've taken the plunge after not switching suppliers in about 3 years.. Should be saving £186 a year. Nice.

Lets home Tonik are ok!
    • Maxwell007
    • By Maxwell007 19th Apr 17, 1:49 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Maxwell007
    I forgot to mention the best thing is there
    Online chat hours of 8AM-5PM Monday to Friday.
    • K.S.
    • By K.S. 20th Apr 17, 1:15 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    K.S.
    I started my switch with Tonik a few days ago, 3rd in the overall list but the previous 2 had exit fees so i don't mind not getting the best saving.

Though i got an email the other day saying there's a collective energy switch event coming next week? supposedly they almost always find cheaper deals for anyone who is signed up to the cheap energy club before a certain date, the date this time is the 24th of April.

Might pay to compare prices again in a week or so!
    • mayestatic
    • By mayestatic 23rd Apr 17, 10:54 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mayestatic
    I am too considering switching to Tonik. In the comparison it came up that Tonik was attractive and I'm interested in going 100% renewables. I'm not living in the property yet, I will be moving in a couple of weeks to Hitchin area. Up till now I've always lived in share flats/house with all the bills included so I'm new to all the bills charges and slang. I'm interested in moving away from the big energy providers too, I think smaller companies might be more competitive.
    • fairycake42
    • By fairycake42 29th Jul 17, 1:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    fairycake42
    Hi Moneysavers,
    I'm thinking of switching over to Tonik too. I see they have a refer a friend scheme but I don't know anyone who already uses them. Would anyone here like to refer me? It's £20 Amazon vouchers each. Please send me a pm if interested.
    Thanks!
    • Ants1337
    • By Ants1337 31st Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ants1337
    Likewise to FairyCake42 I'm looking at Tonik.
    If anyone (FairyCake?) wants to refer me then let me know via PM.
    Moving after the 31st of August, so a little while off yet...
    • fairycake42
    • By fairycake42 31st Jul 17, 5:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    fairycake42
    Thanks, I have now been referred and have started the switch.

Ants1337 - will drop you a pm. Maybe you can refer the next person!
    • ringo_24601
    • By ringo_24601 31st Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 16,859 Posts
    • 27,379 Thanks
    ringo_24601
    Happy to refer more people, just drop me a PM

£20 can be yours and mine! (Although we should probably figure out a way of sharing it out)
    • MandM90
    • By MandM90 14th Aug 17, 1:31 PM
    • 1,247 Posts
    • 5,711 Thanks
    MandM90
    Hi there,

Think I'll be going with Tonik. If anyone wants to refer me, please PM ASAP
    I'm a Board Guide on the Marriages & Family,
    Old Style, Mortgage Free Wannabe, Green & Ethical
    boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • aussie in wales
    • By aussie in wales 16th Aug 17, 3:19 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    aussie in wales
    Hi MandM90,

I've just signed up can refer if you like? Will PM
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,839Users online

Martin's Twitter