Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JackBasta
    • By JackBasta 10th Nov 16, 1:45 PM
    • 59Posts
    • 61Thanks
    JackBasta
    Northampton Court Claim arrived (MCOL)
    • 10th Nov 16, 1:45 PM
    Northampton Court Claim arrived (MCOL) 10th Nov 16 at 1:45 PM
    Just recieved a claim form through. Solicitor involved is Gladstones.

The "parking event" occured in Summer of 2012. Original notices (if there were any - I had various at the time) ignored and it went away until this year when letters were sent again (I guess Beavis case gave them impetus to try again?).

I replied asking for evidence (via email and letter) - they then sent though pictures of my car with parking noticed attached to windscreen.

I then looked though these forums and sent Gladstones an EMAIL, not a letter (a mistake?) where I asked them to fully comply with Practice Direction, stating that they hadn't

1. Sent a clear summary of facts,
    2. How the "charge amount" has been calculated and justified
    3. A list of documents on which their client intends to rely
    4. Any form of ADR.

I got no response to that email, and now I have an N1SDT form though from Northampton (I believe this is known as an MCOL).

Any ideas on what my next actions should be. I know I need to reply to the MCOL (I can do this online), but should I just be paying it, or if I put up a standard defence, am I likely to win?
    Will POFA 2012 help me for example?

Thanks

Jack
Page 6
    • JackBasta
    • By JackBasta 20th Mar 17, 12:53 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    JackBasta
    Thanks fruitcake - that's awesome.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 20th Mar 17, 3:23 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 452 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    JackBasta, I have a Millennium one, but it's Copper Quarter. Have a look at my thread. When you get your Millennium Witness Statement look carefully at the landowner contract which they will exhibit to it. Is it signed by the Claimant, or another Millennium entity? If you look at the last page or two of my thread you'll see my Skeleton Argument where I delve into this. Also useful lists of breaches of the BPA Code of Practice (they were a member of BPA back then). Some of it might be relevant to you.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 20th Mar 17, 3:34 PM
    • 38,039 Posts
    • 76,099 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    JackBasta, I have a Millennium one, but it's Copper Quarter. Have a look at my thread. When you get your Millennium Witness Statement look carefully at the landowner contract which they will exhibit to it. Is it signed by the Claimant, or another Millennium entity? If you look at the last page or two of my thread you'll see my Skeleton Argument where I delve into this. Also useful lists of breaches of the BPA Code of Practice (they were a member of BPA back then). Some of it might be relevant to you.
    Originally posted by Loadsofchildren123
    Remember to use the version that was in force at the time as they have changed for the worse over the years.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • JackBasta
    • By JackBasta 20th Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    JackBasta
    Will do - thanks both. As soon as I get the WS from them, I'll post it up on here.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 21st Mar 17, 9:20 AM
    • 328 Posts
    • 452 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Exactly Fruitcake.

The different versions of the CoP are on the BPA website, if you click on "Knowledge" then "Code of Practice" the most recent (V6, Oct 2015) is at the top, then the other versions are listed underneath.
    Version 5 is interesting, I posted about that in my thread, it has some interesting obligations about landowner authority which were removed from V6.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

110Posts Today

1,527Users online

Martin's Twitter