Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JackBasta
    • By JackBasta 10th Nov 16, 1:45 PM
    • 111Posts
    • 123Thanks
    JackBasta
    Northampton Court Claim arrived (MCOL)
    • 10th Nov 16, 1:45 PM
    Northampton Court Claim arrived (MCOL) 10th Nov 16 at 1:45 PM
    Just recieved a claim form through. Solicitor involved is Gladstones.

The "parking event" occured in Summer of 2012. Original notices (if there were any - I had various at the time) ignored and it went away until this year when letters were sent again (I guess Beavis case gave them impetus to try again?).

I replied asking for evidence (via email and letter) - they then sent though pictures of my car with parking noticed attached to windscreen.

I then looked though these forums and sent Gladstones an EMAIL, not a letter (a mistake?) where I asked them to fully comply with Practice Direction, stating that they hadn't

1. Sent a clear summary of facts,
    2. How the "charge amount" has been calculated and justified
    3. A list of documents on which their client intends to rely
    4. Any form of ADR.

I got no response to that email, and now I have an N1SDT form though from Northampton (I believe this is known as an MCOL).

Any ideas on what my next actions should be. I know I need to reply to the MCOL (I can do this online), but should I just be paying it, or if I put up a standard defence, am I likely to win?
    Will POFA 2012 help me for example?

Thanks

Jack
Page 13
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 1st Jun 17, 11:25 AM
    • 1,080 Posts
    • 1,882 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Millennium obviously doesn't pay well to those who Don't Know The Answers to Anything - facebook says she has two bar jobs as well..... I hadn't realised that she had a law degree. I wonder how she managed that....
    • JackBasta
    • By JackBasta 1st Jun 17, 11:33 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    JackBasta
    hadn't realised that she had a law degree. I wonder how she managed that....
    Originally posted by Loadsofchildren123
    Don't know...
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 1st Jun 17, 12:14 PM
    • 14,635 Posts
    • 23,023 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Don't know...
    Originally posted by JackBasta
    Like it!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • JackBasta
    • By JackBasta 14th Jun 17, 12:04 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    JackBasta
    I got the "General Form of Judgement or Order" through from the Court a few days back.

States that

1. The Claim be dismissed
    2. The Claimant pay the defendant's costs assessed in the sum of £193.47 payable by 2pm 14th June 2017.

They have 2 hours left....
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    • 14,635 Posts
    • 23,023 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I got the "General Form of Judgement or Order" through from the Court a few days back.

States that

1. The Claim be dismissed
    2. The Claimant pay the defendant's costs assessed in the sum of £193.47 payable by 2pm 14th June 2017.

They have 2 hours left....
    Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • JackBasta
    • By JackBasta 14th Jun 17, 12:08 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    JackBasta
    Anyone know the number for Channel 5?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jun 17, 12:22 PM
    • 14,635 Posts
    • 23,023 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    anyone know the number for channel 5?
    Originally posted by jackbasta

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Jun 17, 12:22 PM
    • 5,987 Posts
    • 7,701 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Anyone know the number for Channel 5?
    Best thing is go and get a warrant from the court, costs around £100,
    to send the bailiffs in.
    You will get that fee back plus what they owe you.

C5
    Telephone on: 020 3580 3600 or 03457 05 05 05. E-mail using the following address: viewerenquiries@channel5.com.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 2,440 Thanks
    waamo
    Give the ppc a ring and ask them what is the correct address for baliffs to go to.
    This space for hire.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Jun 17, 1:46 PM
    • 5,987 Posts
    • 7,701 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Give the ppc a ring and ask them what is the correct address for baliffs to go to.
    Originally posted by waamo
    something I would do and enjoy

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 14th Jun 17, 7:09 PM
    • 888 Posts
    • 1,863 Thanks
    Lamilad
    Joking aside the channel 5 show only deals with high court enforcement. This is county court. The debt would have to be over £600 to transfer it to the high court.

Go to the court tomorrow and apply for a warrant of control, costs £110 and as advised it gets added to their bill. The court will send baliffs local to their address to attend and collect payment or take control of goods to the same value.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 17, 8:28 PM
    • 50,166 Posts
    • 63,545 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Watching this thread again with interest, and the popcorn is out!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• JackBasta
    • By JackBasta 15th Jun 17, 11:35 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    JackBasta
    Ah. Just got the cheque through from Gladstones - a day late.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Jun 17, 11:42 AM
    • 5,987 Posts
    • 7,701 Thanks
    beamerguy
    you got it, put in the bank quickly

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jun 17, 12:31 PM
    • 14,635 Posts
    • 23,023 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    No doubt now that £193.47 will be added to Millennium's rising legal bill under 'Disbursements'. Sweet!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,608Posts Today

7,609Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin