Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 8th Nov 16, 2:39 PM
    • 1,696Posts
    • 662Thanks
    paul2louise
    0 WOW
    The insiders
    • 8th Nov 16, 2:39 PM
    0 WOW
    The insiders 8th Nov 16 at 2:39 PM
    Just wondered if anyone wanted to make a chat group about The Insiders as other product testing groups are on here. I am currently doing a Betty Crocker cake mix campain which is great and been invited to do a Tefal home cooking campain
Page 1
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 8th Nov 16, 2:52 PM
    • 12,617 Posts
    • 40,091 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 8th Nov 16, 2:52 PM
    • 8th Nov 16, 2:52 PM
    https://www.theinsiders.eu/home/welkom/14/

Be aware that if you sign up with them and want to take part in their trials for more expensive items they sometimes ask you to pay something towards the cost or items which are test and return they will require your bank details so that if you fail to return the item or dont complete the project they will charge you.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 8th Nov 16, 3:16 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    paul2louise
    • 8th Nov 16, 3:16 PM
    • 8th Nov 16, 3:16 PM
    https://www.theinsiders.eu/home/welkom/14/

Be aware that if you sign up with them and want to take part in their trials for more expensive items they sometimes ask you to pay something towards the cost or items which are test and return they will require your bank details so that if you fail to return the item or dont complete the project they will charge you.
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    I think they were considering that for the home cooking trial but i think they are waivering that now. Betty Crocker is all free and lots of vouchers to share with your friends.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 8th Nov 16, 3:17 PM
    • 12,617 Posts
    • 40,091 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 8th Nov 16, 3:17 PM
    • 8th Nov 16, 3:17 PM
    I think they were considering that for the home cooking trial but i think they are waivering that now. Betty Crocker is all free and lots of vouchers to share with your friends.
    Originally posted by paul2louise
    I was invited to the Tefal campaign but they wanted my bank details so I declined. its also run by another company and not insiders although there must be a link between themhttps://www.myhomeparty.net/en-uk/
    All party hosts will receive Tefal cooking accessories worth £100 free of charge! After trying out the Cuisine Companion you can return it free of charge, or if you like it you can purchase it for just £199.99, saving £500 from the RRP

Dont get me wrong, I think the free campaigns are great !
    Last edited by sarah1972; 08-11-2016 at 3:35 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • fraserbooks
    • By fraserbooks 9th Nov 16, 2:59 PM
    • 274 Posts
    • 5,432 Thanks
    fraserbooks
    • 9th Nov 16, 2:59 PM
    • 9th Nov 16, 2:59 PM
    I was invited for the Betty Crocker one but I declined as it seemed to involve soft selling to your friends a sort of party plan. I might have been wrong.
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 9th Nov 16, 3:19 PM
    • 2,239 Posts
    • 1,962 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    • 9th Nov 16, 3:19 PM
    • 9th Nov 16, 3:19 PM
    I'm with the Insiders but as others have said was put off having to pay a deposit to test something. Someone from there actually phoned me up to make sure I was receiving the offers as I'd not accepted any of them!
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 9th Nov 16, 4:12 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    paul2louise
    • 9th Nov 16, 4:12 PM
    • 9th Nov 16, 4:12 PM
    I got a phone call to ask why i hadnt completed the application for tefal campaign. When i said it was £200 that put me off he said they were going to waiver it.
    I now have a email saying

Congratulation, you’ve been pre-selected as a Party Host for the Gourmet Cookin g Evening with Tefal.

To be selected, you will need to have invited people before Thursday. The more people you invite, the more chance you have to be selected. If you invite 10 guests, you're selected! Go to the My Home Party website to invite your friends

No sure who i want to invite, so i have left it. Seems quite a bit of work
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 9th Nov 16, 4:21 PM
    • 12,617 Posts
    • 40,091 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 9th Nov 16, 4:21 PM
    • 9th Nov 16, 4:21 PM
    I got a phone call to ask why i hadnt completed the application for tefal campaign. When i said it was £200 that put me off he said they were going to waiver it.
    I now have a email saying

Congratulation, you’ve been pre-selected as a Party Host for the Gourmet Cookin g Evening with Tefal.

To be selected, you will need to have invited people before Thursday. The more people you invite, the more chance you have to be selected. If you invite 10 guests, you're selected! Go to the My Home Party website to invite your friends

No sure who i want to invite, so i have left it. Seems quite a bit of work
    But do you still either send it back or pay £199.99 after the party as opposed to a deposit?

It still says:

All party hosts will receive Tefal cooking accessories worth £100 free of charge! After trying out the Cuisine Companion you can return it free of charge, or if you like it you can purchase it for just £199.99, saving £500 from the RRP

It looks as though it works the same way as come around which a few of us used to do http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3859825&page=4&highlight=party
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 9th Nov 16, 5:39 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    paul2louise
    • 9th Nov 16, 5:39 PM
    • 9th Nov 16, 5:39 PM
    But do you still either send it back or pay £199.99 after the party as opposed to a deposit?

It still says:

It looks as though it works the same way as come around which a few of us used to do http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3859825&page=4&highlight=party
    Yes probably, it seems like a lot of effort tbh
    • smeeth
    • By smeeth 9th Nov 16, 9:42 PM
    • 513 Posts
    • 3,541 Thanks
    smeeth
    Yes you still have to send it back if you don't want to keep & pay for it.
    There was a similar campaign for Samsng phones, I believe they ended up letting people keep those without paying.

I only take part in the free campaigns as I'm not willing to risk them saying "oh we didn't receive it" or "it wasn't returned in good enough condition" (even though it would've been).
    Anchor yourself to the foundations of everything you love.

Thank you to all those who post competitions!
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 9th Nov 16, 10:20 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Yes you still have to send it back if you don't want to keep & pay for it.
    There was a similar campaign for Samsng phones, I believe they ended up letting people keep those without paying.

I only take part in the free campaigns as I'm not willing to risk them saying "oh we didn't receive it" or "it wasn't returned in good enough condition" (even though it would've been).
    Originally posted by smeeth
    Yes i think i remember that samsung one. I didnt bother either. Got a good purina cat food one a few years back, a dehumidifier which was fab in lmy last house, some moisturing lotion. So all in all its been quite a good group to join.

I am interested in the tefal thing but cant see me getting 10 friends to come and join in.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 10th Nov 16, 4:54 PM
    • 12,617 Posts
    • 40,091 Thanks
    sarah1972
    New Campaign that I wont be applying for :Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Campaign info

The Gear 360 is the perfect companion for anyone who loves to share life as it happens. Explore its features and capture your own personal experiences in 360 degrees, then share those pictures and videos using your smartphone.

The Gear 360 is not available in most stores yet, so the world is anxiously awaiting those sneak peeks. That’s where you come in. By writing online reviews on selected web shops, showing off your pictures and videos (e.g. on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube), and sharing your thoughts on user blogs, you can offer the first look at the Gear 360 while being one of the first to try out the device.

ATTENTION:

During subscription for candidacy, no deposit is requested. After the subscription period is closed, a pre-selection will be made. This temporary selection will hold a number of candidates that fit the consumer profile for the Samsung Gear 360. An email will then be sent to those candidates, containing a link to the payment screen where we request the £175.00 deposit. The first 150 candidates from the pre-selection who successfully make a deposit are automatically selected for the campaign and will receive the Samsung Gear 360 device at their home. A confirmation email of final selection will be sent following registration.

If you wish to return your device after the campaign, you can send it back to us free of charge and your deposit will be refunded

For more info please read our terms and conditions.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 10th Nov 16, 6:14 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    paul2louise
    New Campaign that I wont be applying for :Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Campaign info

The Gear 360 is the perfect companion for anyone who loves to share life as it happens. Explore its features and capture your own personal experiences in 360 degrees, then share those pictures and videos using your smartphone.

The Gear 360 is not available in most stores yet, so the world is anxiously awaiting those sneak peeks. That’s where you come in. By writing online reviews on selected web shops, showing off your pictures and videos (e.g. on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube), and sharing your thoughts on user blogs, you can offer the first look at the Gear 360 while being one of the first to try out the device.

ATTENTION:

During subscription for candidacy, no deposit is requested. After the subscription period is closed, a pre-selection will be made. This temporary selection will hold a number of candidates that fit the consumer profile for the Samsung Gear 360. An email will then be sent to those candidates, containing a link to the payment screen where we request the £175.00 deposit. The first 150 candidates from the pre-selection who successfully make a deposit are automatically selected for the campaign and will receive the Samsung Gear 360 device at their home. A confirmation email of final selection will be sent following registration.

If you wish to return your device after the campaign, you can send it back to us free of charge and your deposit will be refunded

For more info please read our terms and conditions.
    Another one that requires money. 😔. I haven't been selected for the tefal one either as I haven't invited the 10 friends oh well.
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 10th Nov 16, 6:23 PM
    • 2,150 Posts
    • 2,370 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    Another one that requires money. 😔. I haven't been selected for the tefal one either as I haven't invited the 10 friends oh well.
    Hi

I got the same email. Will give it a miss and save £175.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• Briezzee
    • By Briezzee 18th Nov 16, 7:43 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Briezzee
    Interesting you had a phone call to get you to apply as some of us who have been selected can't seem to get a response on the phone! The Tefal has supposedly been dispatched, but no tracking and FaceBook and Messenger haven't been replied to either. Getting a little concerned now. Going to try contacting Tefal if I haven't received a response today.
    Back to the OP, I think a thread for Insiders is a great idea, if I ever take part in another campaign that is!
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 11th Jul 17, 8:23 PM
    • 2,239 Posts
    • 1,962 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Anyone taking them up on the latest offer to spend £599 to test a Samsung Galaxy Book?
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 11th Jul 17, 9:09 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Anyone taking them up on the latest offer to spend £599 to test a Samsung Galaxy Book?
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    No, its another one where you have to spend or secure a credit card. Too much hassle.
    • Mithr
    • By Mithr 18th Jul 17, 4:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mithr
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    Thought I'd give it a go. I had some money earning very little interest and wanted to try out a laptop/tablet hybrid thing for a while. If they screw me around I figure the ebay price of a second hand one that's basically brand new can't be much less than that.

I shall update with how I find it (and hoping I didn't make a stupid mistake in doing so. It's on credit card at least so I can cancel if the thing never shows up )
    Last edited by Mithr; 18-07-2017 at 4:17 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,933Users online

Martin's Twitter