Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gemmaking
    • By gemmaking 6th Nov 16, 2:02 AM
    • 394Posts
    • 22Thanks
    gemmaking
    ESA Support group in for a ROUGH Ride in 2017 (Support group to be CRUSHED!)
    • 6th Nov 16, 2:02 AM
    ESA Support group in for a ROUGH Ride in 2017 (Support group to be CRUSHED!) 6th Nov 16 at 2:02 AM
    The ESA Support group is in for a rough ride with potential changes, which could make it more like the WRAG group,

with getting the people who are in the support group to take activities, or see other therapists etc, and much more.

"Government plans to make many ESA support group claimants undertake work-related activities"

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3568-government-plans-to-make-many-esa-support-group-claimants-undertake-work-related-activities

The government has launched a consultation on changes to the work capability assessment which they say is aimed at putting “an end to the binary ‘can work/can’t work’ groups.” One of the aims of the green paper appears to be to oblige many claimants in the support group to undertake work-related activities.
    The government’s green paper proposes a number of measures, including:

• a review of Statutory Sick Pay and GP fit notes to support workers back into their jobs faster, and for longer;
    • encouraging Jobcentre Plus work coaches to signpost claimants to therapy;
    • the launch of a consultation on Work Capability Assessment reform;
    • encouraging employers to work with their employees with long-term health conditions to stop them from falling out of work;
    • to extending fit notes from doctors to other healthcare professionals to help ensure people receive more tailored support;
    • developing large scale trials on how health-led services and support can help get disabled people and those with long-term conditions back into work – with a specific focus on mental health and musculoskeletal conditions;
    • a wide-ranging debate about recognising the value of work as a health outcome.
    This will have an affect on the sick people, especially to their mental health.

Do you think this can be overturned with a petition ?

This will cause so much stress and tension to disabled people in the support group, how do you tell them that you are in for a rough ride in 2017?
    Last edited by gemmaking; 06-11-2016 at 2:34 AM.
Page 2
    • Matt61
    • By Matt61 22nd Dec 16, 6:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Matt61
    I have just be taken off esa support group due to the medical, as i did permitted work i stopped doing this as this has always been the case before however i have had to apply for jsa.

Jsa are now saying that they will not pay me the full amount as by finishing permitted work i have meade myself unemployed
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 23rd Dec 16, 12:01 AM
    • 10,212 Posts
    • 18,415 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Are the DVLA aware that your partner is acutely delusional?
    Originally posted by Bogalot
    Yes. He was on a restricted licence for a few years but he has been taken off it. His psychiatrist wrote to them and confirmed he's okay. He doesn't hear voices or hallucinate- his delusions are fairly minor, just odd ideas about things. He's a very safe driver and his concentration is fine.
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! ❤️DMU MA English begins 09/17
    WFC and pleased to be sponsor for the 2nd season ❤️ 🐝
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky 😢
    • Lanzarote1938
    • By Lanzarote1938 23rd Dec 16, 10:04 AM
    • 430 Posts
    • 1,062 Thanks
    Lanzarote1938
    Yes. He was on a restricted licence for a few years but he has been taken off it. His psychiatrist wrote to them and confirmed he's okay. He doesn't hear voices or hallucinate- his delusions are fairly minor, just odd ideas about things. He's a very safe driver and his concentration is fine.
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    So to claim DLA he is acutely delusional, in order to drive he just has odd ideas about things. Am I reading this correctly?
    • missbiggles1
    • By missbiggles1 23rd Dec 16, 10:11 AM
    • 16,397 Posts
    • 30,257 Thanks
    missbiggles1
    So to claim DLA he is acutely delusional, in order to drive he just has odd ideas about things. Am I reading this correctly?
    Originally posted by Lanzarote1938
    I have odd ideas about lots of things.
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 24th Dec 16, 12:40 AM
    • 10,212 Posts
    • 18,415 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    No he has a diagnosis of psychosis and delusional disorder with anxiety and depression which is what his DLA was awarded on the grounds of. Last time he saw the doctor he said he had been stabbed by one of the special forces patrolling his workplace who were trying to steal his kidneys. That's the sort of ideas he has but you know what it's never affected his driving and his psychiatrist, i.e. A medical professional, agreed. He gets DLA for things like the fact he can't deal with his own affairs, he can't use the phone- he believes that the radio waves coming from the phone interfere with his brain ffs. Go ahead and take the !!!! if you want to- all I'm saying is that it isn't funny and it's not nice to watch.
    I don't have to justify anything to anyone on here as delusions take different forms and just because you are delusional doesn't mean that you're hearing voices etc. That can be the case but there are many different presentations of psychosis. If any of you are mental health professionals please feel free to challenge what I've said (I would be interested to hear it as I worked in the field for eight years) but if not then it's none of your business.
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! ❤️DMU MA English begins 09/17
    WFC and pleased to be sponsor for the 2nd season ❤️ 🐝
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky 😢
    • Emmsmi
    • By Emmsmi 8th Jul 17, 1:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Emmsmi
    What utter misleading and ridiculous rubbish! Quite selfish of you to post it actually considering most people who really rely on their income these days - when it's from benefit or not, really fear the Tories! If you'd have done more research and had a bit more thought, then you'd have understood that half these so called 'plans' and measured either don't work out or are too expensive to implement - as in the case of the silly bedroom tax! Or it's just a way of fixing mistakes in the agencies involved, which unfortunately are mostly due to human error, because unfortunately the government never has nor never will employ someone with some intelligence, initiative, tact or organisation - if you had any of those you just wouldn't go working for them anyway incidentally. So as with the problems around the PIP award, and seriously disabled failing the waste of time 'work assessments', if they contested the decision it was almost always quickly overturned. It will be the same in this case entirely. But it's just a shame people have to be worried and inconvenienced just to 'save' a few ££. But then this is just a tory's way.
    • Mojisola
    • By Mojisola 8th Jul 17, 2:03 PM
    • 28,225 Posts
    • 71,812 Thanks
    Mojisola
    What utter misleading and ridiculous rubbish!

Quite selfish of you to post it actually considering most people who really rely on their income these days - when it's from benefit or not, really fear the Tories!
    Originally posted by Emmsmi
    It would have been best to let the thread disappear - the previous post was 2016! - than revive as you've done.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 8th Jul 17, 3:29 PM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 1,200 Thanks
    poppy12345
    What utter misleading and ridiculous rubbish! Quite selfish of you to post it actually considering most people who really rely on their income these days - when it's from benefit or not, really fear the Tories! If you'd have done more research and had a bit more thought, then you'd have understood that half these so called 'plans' and measured either don't work out or are too expensive to implement - as in the case of the silly bedroom tax! Or it's just a way of fixing mistakes in the agencies involved, which unfortunately are mostly due to human error, because unfortunately the government never has nor never will employ someone with some intelligence, initiative, tact or organisation - if you had any of those you just wouldn't go working for them anyway incidentally. So as with the problems around the PIP award, and seriously disabled failing the waste of time 'work assessments', if they contested the decision it was almost always quickly overturned. It will be the same in this case entirely. But it's just a shame people have to be worried and inconvenienced just to 'save' a few ££. But then this is just a tory's way.
    Originally posted by Emmsmi
    Now who's the selfish one? Bringing up a post that is 1.5 years old?? You must have really searched the forums to find this! LOL
    • matrix11001
    • By matrix11001 12th Jul 17, 4:32 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    matrix11001
    It's from Benefits and Work. Their scaremongering has been going on for years and is disgraceful.
    Originally posted by Ames
    Where have you been the last few years under Tory rule? They are happy enough to exterminate the poor, vulnerable and disabled.

Taking away £30 a week from the disabled in the WRAG group is disgusting, the biased and humiliating assessments are disgusting. They don't care about the disabled - all they care about is how much they can back pocket - reducing disabled benefits helps them to do this - less disabled - more they can give to companies they invest in.

I wouldn't put it past the Tories to abolish both the WRAG and Support group given the opportunity.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

82Posts Today

2,946Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin