Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SuzyL
    • By SuzyL 5th Nov 16, 10:15 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 3Thanks
    SuzyL
    Warning: Homeguard Alarms will use your debit card to steal money
    • 5th Nov 16, 10:15 PM
    Warning: Homeguard Alarms will use your debit card to steal money 5th Nov 16 at 10:15 PM
    My mother in law bought an alarm call device from a company in Bournemouth called donotcalluk a year or so back. Since then the same people based in same office have used her debit card without permission under the name Homeguard Alarms U.K. sent her unsolicited packages of CO2 and smoke alarms and other stuff. So far she's been stung for close on £400. We sent one package back, it was signed for and whenever we call "the refund cheques in the post". It isn't of course. Anyway this is to warn people, especially if they have elderly relatives, to be very careful when buying by card over the phone. This company clearly kept a note of her 3 digit security number and took it upon themselves to use it to steal from her (in return for a pile of tat they send). We've now had her card changed. The websites to look out for are Homeguardalarmsuk.co.uk and donotcallservice.uk both in Bournemouth. We've been advised the law requires us to prove she DIDN'T order the goods which is close to impossible! Be warned
Page 2
    • Annoyed 58
    • By Annoyed 58 27th Dec 16, 6:11 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Annoyed 58
    Another connection
    Just found out the TV Guard/I-Guard Solutions and Team 4 digital services Ltd are at the same address directors are connected to Hyland and White Ltd who's former director is connected to Positive Energy Solutions (U.K.) Ltd and again leading back to Luke Dean Ashbee
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 31st Dec 16, 11:36 AM
    • 14,998 Posts
    • 10,770 Thanks
    hollydays
    Not sure whether there is a link with TV Guard in Bournemouth but Mother in law has fallen for this one. Insuring a TV she does not have for £5 a month by direct debit. Trying to stop this one before it starts.
    Originally posted by Annoyed 58
    They aren't linked, but are linked to this address-a previous thread on mse
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3449171
    Richard Lawson( previous managing director sales of the disgraced home serve plc)
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/richard-lawson-058a1111
    Lots of ' new' posters on that thread -who not surprisingly never returned!
    Last edited by hollydays; 31-12-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    • DAWard
    • By DAWard 19th May 17, 10:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DAWard
    TV Guard
    Their service at TV Guard is questionable.
    My father has paid for insurance from them, but when he rang he was told the service doesn't cover screen faults as specified in the general exclusions. My father asked exactly which exclusion they were referring to and the response was; it's in there somewhere, I know we've had somebody before that couldn't make a claim for that problem.
    So no idea if they ever do actually pay out to anybody.
    I emailed them on behalf of my father and pointed out that lines across the screen were hardware failure, not simply a few dead pixels - no response as yet!
    I think my next step might need to be Bournemouth Trading Standards.
    TV Guard? Be very aware of this company!
    • Gravedigger
    • By Gravedigger 21st May 17, 5:09 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Gravedigger
    Seems strange that so many companies Like TV Guard in Bournemouth all seem to be linked to criminal activity. Surely the police could appoint aa full time team to look into it. After all it's not just speeders who break the law. TV Guard must be a crooked site, scamming peoples' money.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

134Posts Today

2,365Users online

Martin's Twitter