Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 5th Nov 16, 8:45 PM
    • 302Posts
    • 123Thanks
    Nationwide8
    Tesco Bank
    • 5th Nov 16, 8:45 PM
    Tesco Bank 5th Nov 16 at 8:45 PM
    44 mins and counting for Tesco Bank to answer the phone after I rec an e-mail from their Fraud dept asking to contact them Urgently..

Great customer service..

46 mins now..

FORUM TEAM EDIT: [OFFICIAL MSE NEWS POST: 'Tesco Bank halts online transactions after money taken from 20,000 current accounts']
    Last edited by MSE Matt; 07-11-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Page 1
    • Emmy The Boo
    • By Emmy The Boo 5th Nov 16, 8:59 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 485 Thanks
    Emmy The Boo
    • 5th Nov 16, 8:59 PM
    • 5th Nov 16, 8:59 PM
    I've also had an email asking me to contact them urgently... no joy getting through on the phone though!

If anyone does get through, and is able to post an update in case it's a widespread issue, I'd be extremely grateful.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 5th Nov 16, 9:01 PM
    • 3,574 Posts
    • 2,657 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 5th Nov 16, 9:01 PM
    • 5th Nov 16, 9:01 PM
    Are you phoning a number that is open after 5pm on a Saturday

http://www.tescobank.com/security/contact-us/
    • Emmy The Boo
    • By Emmy The Boo 5th Nov 16, 9:05 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 485 Thanks
    Emmy The Boo
    • 5th Nov 16, 9:05 PM
    Yes, currently ringing on their 24 hour line.

• Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 5th Nov 16, 9:05 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    OK I managed to get through after nearly a hour but it was a guy from Credit cards who is helping about Current accounts as call volumes so high....widespread issue but they are still figuring out EXACTLY what the problem is,tons of people have had e-mails to contact them.

Someone is supposed to be ringing me back tomorrow or Monday when they have figured out exactly what's going on..

Hmmm.. ...
    • Emmy The Boo
    • By Emmy The Boo 5th Nov 16, 9:11 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 485 Thanks
    Emmy The Boo
    • 5th Nov 16, 9:11 PM
    • 5th Nov 16, 9:11 PM
    Thanks for the update, I'll leave it for now then and enjoy the rest of my evening.

If you do get a call back, please can you let us all know the upshot (sounds like somebody's pressed a wrong button possibly!)

Thanks
    Em
    x
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 5th Nov 16, 9:18 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    • 5th Nov 16, 9:18 PM
    • 5th Nov 16, 9:18 PM
    I've not had an email - they clearly aren't concerned with the fortune that I have on deposit with them!
    • sparkyspark
    • By sparkyspark 5th Nov 16, 9:19 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    sparkyspark
    • 5th Nov 16, 9:19 PM
    • 5th Nov 16, 9:19 PM
    Had same email asking to contact fraud section, same response as other posters a call back in the next 24hrs. It seems they have been inundated with people having the same e-mails.

Having checked the situation with customer services all they could reveal was my account had an online transaction for a small amount at 17.15, then another transaction for a large amount at 17.16 both of which were let thru and sanctioned, then two more online transactions for large amounts again at 17.17 and 17.23 which were both declined, all 4 transactions were done in Brazil, Rio De Janeiro.

Suffice to say complaint already registered.
    Last edited by sparkyspark; 05-11-2016 at 9:21 PM. Reason: added text
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 5th Nov 16, 9:21 PM
    • 2,296 Posts
    • 2,800 Thanks
    ceredigion
    • 5th Nov 16, 9:21 PM
    • 5th Nov 16, 9:21 PM
    OK I managed to get through after nearly a hour but it was a guy from Credit cards who is helping about Current accounts as call volumes so high....widespread issue but they are still figuring out EXACTLY what the problem is,tons of people have had e-mails to contact them.

Someone is supposed to be ringing me back tomorrow or Monday when they have figured out exactly what's going on..

Hmmm.. ...
    Originally posted by Nationwide8

Feeling left out !
    • Mr.Generous
    • By Mr.Generous 5th Nov 16, 9:25 PM
    • 1,640 Posts
    • 2,442 Thanks
    Mr.Generous
    sounds ominous! the only fraud dept I have ever had t contact was Barclays, it was more like 90 mins each time, and they were useless. Complaining on twitter feed got better results.
    • Klopek
    • By Klopek 5th Nov 16, 9:33 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Klopek

Hmmm.. ...
    Identical situation - although they never explained that it seemed to be a widespread issue. Slightly relieved now!
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 5th Nov 16, 9:43 PM
    • 29,394 Posts
    • 17,174 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    I rec an e-mail from their Fraud dept asking to contact them Urgently..
    Did the e-mail use the word "urgently"?

I wouldn't have treated such an e-mail as "urgent" at all, after I'd read it maybe tomorrow or Monday, or the next time I checked my e-mails. To me, if the need to make contact was "urgent" I'd have expected them to call me or at the very least send me a text.

As such, I wouldn't have rushed to call them...and certainly not on a Saturday evening. After all, they're protecting their money/liability, not mine!
    • Klopek
    • By Klopek 5th Nov 16, 9:49 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Klopek
    Did the e-mail use the word "urgently"? ...
    Originally posted by YorkshireBoy
    No, it states:

"This is a message from Tesco Bank Fraud Department. It's important we speak with you regarding your account. Please contact us on 0345 366 1281* as soon as possible."
    Last edited by Klopek; 05-11-2016 at 9:51 PM. Reason: Added last sentence
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 5th Nov 16, 9:54 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    e-mail said contact them ASAP and Yes i rec a text as well to reinforce the fact..

Wouldn't have spent a hour on hold on the phone otherwise..
    • Archi Bald
    • By Archi Bald 5th Nov 16, 9:59 PM
    • 9,347 Posts
    • 7,394 Thanks
    Archi Bald
    Had text at 21:15 from the Tesco Bank Fraud Department saying "it's important we speak with you".

Email at the same time. Been hanging on on the phone since about 21:17. The music is awful, and the woman who keeps telling me that "Our customer service representatives really want to talk to you" is clearly lying.

• PeterinScotland
    • By PeterinScotland 5th Nov 16, 10:17 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    PeterinScotland
    I got a text and an email at 21:58 . Likewise I can't get through to them on the phone. Maybe these messages were sent out to thousands of people by mistake?
    • jem16
    • By jem16 5th Nov 16, 10:18 PM
    • 18,532 Posts
    • 11,322 Thanks
    jem16
    Same text and email around 8.30pm. Gave up after 45 minutes and after reading this thread.

Did you phone the number given in the email? I found it odd that it asked me to phone the number for Credit cards ( according to website ) when it's my Current account they're talking about.

Online banking shows balance as expected. Transferred it to another Tesco account meanwhile.

Has anyone managed to find out what has happened yet?
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 5th Nov 16, 10:29 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    I phoned the Current account no off the website as when I phoned I wasn't 100% sure the e-mail or the tel no within it was genuine.

Balances on accounts as of about 2 hrs ago were what I'd expect so not moving anything yet.If they haven't called me back by tomorrow night or figured out exactly what's gone on it might be a different story.
    • jem16
    • By jem16 5th Nov 16, 10:32 PM
    • 18,532 Posts
    • 11,322 Thanks
    jem16
    I phoned the Current account no off the website as when I phoned I wasn't 100% sure the e-mail or the tel no within it was genuine.
    Yes I did too. The number given in the text wasn't even a contact number although I did eventually find it listed but for credit Cards.
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 5th Nov 16, 10:34 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    Had text at 21:15 from the Tesco Bank Fraud Department saying "it's important we speak with you".

Email at the same time. Been hanging on on the phone since about 21:17. The music is awful, and the woman who keeps telling me that "Our customer service representatives really want to talk to you" is clearly lying.
    Originally posted by Archi Bald

Agreed !! They could at least say how long approx you have to wait or no in the queue,that said its obs something has gone completely t*ts up tonight and overwhelmed their systems.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin