Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Xandra85
    • By Xandra85 5th Nov 16, 4:38 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Xandra85
    LuxStyle Quickmax invoicing scam
    • 5th Nov 16, 4:38 PM
    LuxStyle Quickmax invoicing scam 5th Nov 16 at 4:38 PM
    HI All,

I'm a long time reader, first time poster, so please be gentle with me.

The reason for my post is two fold:
    1. To ask for advice
    2. To warn others

I clicked through an advertisement on Instagram for a beauty product called Quickmax (eyelash serum), made by a company called Luxstyle (Lux Style). It was one of those horrible websites that doesn't show you the price straightaway, you have to enter your address and email first. (Yes, I know, I know, this should have been a warning sign...)

When it took me through to payment (via PayPal) I saw they wanted to charge me £60 for two products and postage. Being sane, I did not order the products, closed down the window and thought no more of it.

I then got an email, saying 'Thank you for ordering' from this company. I instantly panicked and checked my PayPal account. Nothing had been taken out, so I assumed it was a mistake and forgot about it.

...until, the products arrived on my doorstep with an invoice for £65. (additional £5 fee for invoicing too!!).

I utilised Google and found this thread:
    uk.trustpilot.com/review/luxstyle.nl

Where a massive number of people are facing the same issue - being sent, and then invoiced for goods they never ordered. I've emailed the company, who said I can send the product back to them at my own cost...to Denmark. I have told them I won't be paying for something I haven't ordered and that I will happily send them back if they provide a prepaid postage label. According to Trust Pilot, others have done the same and got no where, but then later ecieved more invoices for fines for late payment, or threats of court action. So I'm not sure what to do now. Any helpful suggestions?

Please everyone be aware of this company and AVOID!

Xan.
Page 7
    • Kjh
    • By Kjh 29th Jun 17, 1:00 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kjh
    Hi im wondering if anyone can help.

my 11 year old little girl who does not have access to the internet has got a letter (Reminder on the header) from a company called Lux style in denmark saying she owes £94.00 for blackhead killer. We have never had anything in the post this letter has come out the blue.
    theres no phone number on the letter, now my little girl is scared and stressing her self out not sleeping thinking the debt collectors are coming for her. The letter has come just with her first name.

Please can someone advice me were to go with this ?
    Originally posted by Adele123

I am having the same problem but i'm 13 and in New Zealand and i was sent an email about it.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 29th Jun 17, 1:09 AM
    • 18,650 Posts
    • 15,552 Thanks
    wealdroam
    I am in New Zealand and I had the same problem when looking at blackead masks, I entered my details to see the price and accidentaly clicked on one worth nzd $95 including shipping. It hasn't arrived yet and I'm paniking because i tried to cancle it. I havent paid for it yet either, what should i do??
    Originally posted by Kjh
    Read the post immediately above yours.

OK, that's written from a UK perspective, this is after all a UK website, but surely you can glean something from that post.

Probably best if you seek advice from some NZ consumer support group if there is such a thing.

I am having the same problem but i'm 13 and in New Zealand and i was sent an email about it.
    Originally posted by Kjh
    I've just spotted your age.
    You really need to enlist the help of an adult.
    • violet_flames
    • By violet_flames 5th Jul 17, 6:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    violet_flames
    The exact same problem
    I was on instagram, and saw the quick max product and decided to check it out. I was also foolish enough to type the information in. However i had a free trial ad, so i would only pay for the shipping fees but I declined the product before closing the site. I later received an email saying i have to pay a $94.85 cost even when i declined the price. I though nothing of it but 6 days later I got the package with the invoice inside. I am currently in a huge panic and I have no idea what to do. I sent an email trying to cancell it and explaining what happened, however, they say they will reply within 24 hours. I only have 8 days left before the fees start coming. Anyone know what to do? I got his packpage from denmark.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 5th Jul 17, 6:33 PM
    • 18,650 Posts
    • 15,552 Thanks
    wealdroam
    I was on instagram, and saw the quick max product and decided to check it out. I was also foolish enough to type the information in. However i had a free trial ad, so i would only pay for the shipping fees but I declined the product before closing the site. I later received an email saying i have to pay a $94.85 cost even when i declined the price. I though nothing of it but 6 days later I got the package with the invoice inside. I am currently in a huge panic and I have no idea what to do. I sent an email trying to cancell it and explaining what happened, however, they say they will reply within 24 hours. I only have 8 days left before the fees start coming. Anyone know what to do? I got his packpage from denmark.
    Originally posted by violet_flames
    Hi violet_flames, welcome to the forums.

I really don't understand why you don't know what to do.

You don't have to read many posts on this thread to get the answers.

In summary - ignore them - do not respond to their threats.

You only need to do something different if you actually receive official court papers, which is extremely unlikely.

Read the thread and get more re-assurance.
    • DellaBella
    • By DellaBella 5th Jul 17, 9:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DellaBella
    Debt Collection for luxstyle
    Hi I'm new on here. My son has had demanding letters from these people for masks he did not order nor did he receive - only demanding letters for money! Can I ask, has anyone actually had debt collectors turn up on their doorstep or had a court summons sent to them to appear in court?

DellaBella
    • Chloe1302
    • By Chloe1302 10th Jul 17, 7:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chloe1302
    Hi all
    I am having the same problem, I never ordered these items they are trying to get me to pay for, they seem to think the debt is mine but it's not even in my name, has my address yes but my name is not Lucy & I have explained to them how I have never came across any of these items but they are demanding me to pay the debt

Thanks Chloe x
    • larrie85
    • By larrie85 11th Jul 17, 12:53 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    larrie85
    Blackhead Killer peel-off masks
    Hi Im from Malaysia and this is happen to me too...
    I never ordered the product and i never pay for the product.
    and today (11.07.2017) i received First Reminder from the Company.
    I emailed the company saying that i never purchased the item, they replied by send me a photo of the blackhead and the web, and ask me to recall... and i ignore the email.

In the reminder letter, the company asked to me to pay within 10 days. the problem is the reminder dated 13 june 2017 and i received the letter today 11.07.2017, which is a month ago.. this is totally absurd.

i do read regarding the EU Commissions. But i cannot make a complain because im not residing in EU

so, wht should i do?
    Last edited by larrie85; 11-07-2017 at 12:57 PM.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 11th Jul 17, 1:06 PM
    • 18,650 Posts
    • 15,552 Thanks
    wealdroam
    Hi Im from Malaysia and this is happen to me too...
    I never ordered the product and i never pay for the product.
    and today (11.07.2017) i received First Reminder from the Company.
    I emailed the company saying that i never purchased the item, they replied by send me a photo of the blackhead and the web, and ask me to recall... and i ignore the email.

In the reminder letter, the company asked to me to pay within 10 days. the problem is the reminder dated 13 june 2017 and i received the letter today 11.07.2017, which is a month ago.. this is totally absurd.

i do read regarding the EU Commissions. But i cannot make a complain because im not residing in EU

so, wht should i do?
    Originally posted by larrie85
    Hi larrie85 welcome to the forums.

You only need to do something different if you actually receive official court papers, which is extremely unlikely.

All that is based on UK/EU law.
    You may like to confirm that is the correct action in your jurisdiction.
    • larrie85
    • By larrie85 11th Jul 17, 1:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    larrie85
    Hi larrie85 welcome to the forums.

All that is based on UK/EU law.
    You may like to confirm that is the correct action in your jurisdiction.
    Originally posted by wealdroam

Thank you for the respond.

i will ignore it.
    • Jamiemiller1199
    • By Jamiemiller1199 21st Aug 17, 3:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jamiemiller1199
    Hiya lux style done same with me I went to police the police said just block them and ignore them they can't do nothing they will threaten u with lawyers but that's just to scare u I have been dealing with them for years
    • SunShine86
    • By SunShine86 13th Sep 17, 3:08 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SunShine86
    Hi,
    I am facing the same situation. Today I received second reminder from LuxStyle. I have been charged for BlackheadKiller product which I have never ordered and never received neither.
    The charge is MYR119.90 (29/6/2017). They sent me first reminder dated 29/7/2017 costing Late Penalty Fee for MYR50.00 and today I received second reminder dated 21/8/2017 with Late Penalty Fee for MYR50.00.
    Now the charges accumulating totalling to MYR219.90.
    It was stated in their invoice that I have to pay within 10days to avoid debt collection case. They reserve the right to submit the claim directly to their local law firm they use as their partner, with associated additional costs.
    After reading your sharing, I immediately marked them as SCAM.
    Please advise, I have fear because it seems that the charges is accumulating and they never bother about my first email concerning the matter.
    Thanks.
    SunShine
    • SunShine86
    • By SunShine86 13th Sep 17, 3:29 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SunShine86
    Do not pay anything. Do not pay to post them back. Ignore their letters and emails. (If you can block their emails from reaching you then do so.)

[If they take up your offer and send a prepaid label then return the item provided you get proof of posting. However I think it very unlikely they will take up your offer as the items are probably worth less than the cost of postage.]

The items will be close to worthless and the company is banking on just a small proportion of people paying. They will stop chasing everyone else eventually. The sooner you stop replying to them the sooner they will stop sending empty threats.

(If you are still concerned speak to Citizen's Advice.)
    Originally posted by naedanger
    Hi,
    Thank you so much for the info.
    I am facing the same problem. I will stop replying them, furthermore I have marked them as SCAM.
    SunShine86
    • Ktlou85
    • By Ktlou85 27th Sep 17, 2:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ktlou85
    Court letter
    I have had the same issue as everyone eles, I ignored all letters and threats, I have today received a letter from io international collections. Threatening court. I don't think much Of The letter as it doesn't look very official.
    • FP7199
    • By FP7199 2nd Oct 17, 1:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FP7199
    Scam
    Hi all,
    I've been a victim of this for the past few months. I first got an invoice for £129, which I know I did not order. I emailed them saying I did not order it and I wanted to return it. They replied saying that if i want I can have 50 % off, which I said no to, but they did not reply anymore. They kept sending me invoices adding late fees each time. It is now at £159 and they are saying if I don't pay then I'll be sent to debt collectors. After reading on here, you are saying to fill out a European commissions form can anyone leave me the link for it as can't find it and getting quite nervous now.
    Many thanks
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 2nd Oct 17, 2:40 PM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 1,772 Thanks
    naedanger
    Hi all,
    I've been a victim of this for the past few months. I first got an invoice for £129, which I know I did not order. I emailed them saying I did not order it and I wanted to return it. They replied saying that if i want I can have 50 % off, which I said no to, but they did not reply anymore. They kept sending me invoices adding late fees each time. It is now at £159 and they are saying if I don't pay then I'll be sent to debt collectors. After reading on here, you are saying to fill out a European commissions form can anyone leave me the link for it as can't find it and getting quite nervous now.
    Many thanks
    Originally posted by FP7199
    I am assuming you are based in the UK given the prices are in pounds.

If you are getting quite nervous I suggest you speak to Citizen's Advice, who should put your mind at rest.

The company are extremely unlikely to take you to court although they are quite likely to continue to issue ever more threatening emails. (If the matter went to court, any judge would quickly realise this was a scam. Also sending unsolicited goods with a demand for payment is a crime, so I doubt the company would want to bring their practices to the attention of a court.)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

313Posts Today

3,979Users online

Martin's Twitter