Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Xandra85
    • By Xandra85 5th Nov 16, 4:38 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Xandra85
    LuxStyle Quickmax invoicing scam
    • 5th Nov 16, 4:38 PM
    LuxStyle Quickmax invoicing scam 5th Nov 16 at 4:38 PM
    HI All,

I'm a long time reader, first time poster, so please be gentle with me.

The reason for my post is two fold:
    1. To ask for advice
    2. To warn others

I clicked through an advertisement on Instagram for a beauty product called Quickmax (eyelash serum), made by a company called Luxstyle (Lux Style). It was one of those horrible websites that doesn't show you the price straightaway, you have to enter your address and email first. (Yes, I know, I know, this should have been a warning sign...)

When it took me through to payment (via PayPal) I saw they wanted to charge me £60 for two products and postage. Being sane, I did not order the products, closed down the window and thought no more of it.

I then got an email, saying 'Thank you for ordering' from this company. I instantly panicked and checked my PayPal account. Nothing had been taken out, so I assumed it was a mistake and forgot about it.

...until, the products arrived on my doorstep with an invoice for £65. (additional £5 fee for invoicing too!!).

I utilised Google and found this thread:
    uk.trustpilot.com/review/luxstyle.nl

Where a massive number of people are facing the same issue - being sent, and then invoiced for goods they never ordered. I've emailed the company, who said I can send the product back to them at my own cost...to Denmark. I have told them I won't be paying for something I haven't ordered and that I will happily send them back if they provide a prepaid postage label. According to Trust Pilot, others have done the same and got no where, but then later ecieved more invoices for fines for late payment, or threats of court action. So I'm not sure what to do now. Any helpful suggestions?

Please everyone be aware of this company and AVOID!

Xan.
Page 4
    • Annalyn23
    • By Annalyn23 6th Apr 17, 1:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Annalyn23
    Hello
    Any update of yours? Im from singapore too and i just received today one of their product. I wonder why i am receiving this thing although i didn't proceed to the payment. So i quickly google it. And i found out some compliant.
    Thank you
    • Annalyn23
    • By Annalyn23 6th Apr 17, 1:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Annalyn23
    Hello i had received a package today from them too including an invoice 1 pack of QUICKMAX eyelash serum about 70sgd.
    But i didnt received any email from them.
    Any updates anyone here in Singapore?
    Thanks
    • icebabyx86
    • By icebabyx86 12th Apr 17, 8:56 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    icebabyx86
    Quick max Scam
    Happened to me too, I filled in my details and it was send to me. Received 2 letters with 2 late payment notice. They refuse to pay the postage to ship the item but I shipped it back anyway. Acknowledge receive the item but now saying that its pass 14 days return policy despite their email saying we can utilize 90 days dissatisfaction guarantee. I'm from Malaysia. Someone should destroy their company in Denmark before they con everyone from every corner of the world.

So either way you are doomed because they still want money from you. Anyone in Denmark pls report them to higher authority.

I have receive a reply:
    We have received your return shipment but it has been rejected by our warehouse.
    The returned items were not sent back to us within our return period and/or has been used, without properly registering the return through the customer portal.

For this reason, we are unable to issue a refund or credit your invoice.

Please access the customer portal to make a payment if you have not made on yet. Follow the on-screen instructions to pay your invoice and avoid late fees. You can pay with either PayPal or Credit Card.

You can find your personal login link/URL in the order confirmation that was sent to your e-mail.

Note: We do not accept payments through a cheque or money order.
    Last edited by icebabyx86; 12-04-2017 at 8:57 AM. Reason: Left out something
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 12th Apr 17, 9:11 AM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 1,772 Thanks
    naedanger
    Happened to me too, I filled in my details and it was send to me. Received 2 letters with 2 late payment notice. They refuse to pay the postage to ship the item but I shipped it back anyway. Acknowledge receive the item but now saying that its pass 14 days return policy despite their email saying we can utilize 90 days dissatisfaction guarantee. I'm from Malaysia. Someone should destroy their company in Denmark before they con everyone from every corner of the world.

So either way you are doomed because they still want money from you. Anyone in Denmark pls report them to higher authority.

I have receive a reply:
    We have received your return shipment but it has been rejected by our warehouse.
    The returned items were not sent back to us within our return period and/or has been used, without properly registering the return through the customer portal.

For this reason, we are unable to issue a refund or credit your invoice.

Please access the customer portal to make a payment if you have not made on yet. Follow the on-screen instructions to pay your invoice and avoid late fees. You can pay with either PayPal or Credit Card.

You can find your personal login link/URL in the order confirmation that was sent to your e-mail.

Note: We do not accept payments through a cheque or money order.
    Originally posted by icebabyx86

Why not just ignore them?

Regardless of where you live I doubt that a company (especially a foreign one) can demand you pay to return something you never ordered.
    • icebabyx86
    • By icebabyx86 13th Apr 17, 10:33 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    icebabyx86
    I would love to ignore them but also worrying about a 3rd party debt collector.
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 13th Apr 17, 11:23 AM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 1,772 Thanks
    naedanger
    I would love to ignore them but also worrying about a 3rd party debt collector.
    Originally posted by icebabyx86
    There is no debt. (If I send you some rubbish and say you need to pay me $1000 for it that does not actually mean there is a debt that can be enforced. Otherwise there would be a lot more disreputable people following this practice.)

If you are concerned then follow the suggestion in post number 55, which gives an email address in Denmark to send a complaint.

The last thing you should do is pay. (In my view you made a mistake returning the item. It shows them you are worried, when you shouldn't be.) If you do then you could well end up on a "suckers" list and receive many similar scams.
    • MEGANCG
    • By MEGANCG 20th Apr 17, 8:57 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MEGANCG
    Same thing has happenend to me
    I'm in Scotland and the exact same thing has happened to me but I didn't receive the item. I have emailed them explaining this but still I get emails and letters threatening legal action. The last reply I received from them they said that the emails and letters won't stop as there is an outstanding invoice in my name!?!?!?!?! I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY ITEM!

I'm concerned about the 3rd party debt collector part. Has anyone been contacted by them?

Thanks
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 20th Apr 17, 9:33 AM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 1,772 Thanks
    naedanger
    I'm in Scotland and the exact same thing has happened to me but I didn't receive the item. I have emailed them explaining this but still I get emails and letters threatening legal action. The last reply I received from them they said that the emails and letters won't stop as there is an outstanding invoice in my name!?!?!?!?! I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY ITEM!

I'm concerned about the 3rd party debt collector part. Has anyone been contacted by them?

Thanks
    Originally posted by MEGANCG
    Ignore all correspondence (assuming you never agreed to pay for any items). By responding you are making the matter worse for yourself.

In the unlikely event you ever get correspondence from an actual 3rd party debt collector then it will be very easy to get them to stop because you are not actually in debt. (All you would need to do is write disputing the debt exists and telling them to stop all collection activity unless they can prove otherwise, which of course they won't be able to. Another party saying you owe money is obviously not sufficient.)

Speak to Citizen's Advice if you are concerned and ask them to report the company to Trading Standards.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 20th Apr 17, 11:19 AM
    • 3,567 Posts
    • 3,613 Thanks
    DoaM
    For the avoidance of doubt for the worriers here ... Debt Collectors CAN DO NOTHING!. Court appointed bailiffs or High Court Enforcement Officers can do something, but there needs to be a court order/CCJ in place first - and you would (should) know about any court claim against you before that could happen.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Senaa
    • By Senaa 20th Apr 17, 2:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Senaa
    Hi I have the same problem but I'm from Australia , I emails them and they replied asking for the invoice number and the address it got sent to , I also told them I was more then happy to return the product, do I just ignore them
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 20th Apr 17, 2:33 PM
    • 18,652 Posts
    • 15,554 Thanks
    wealdroam
    Hi I have the same problem but I'm from Australia , I emails them and they replied asking for the invoice number and the address it got sent to , I also told them I was more then happy to return the product, do I just ignore them
    Originally posted by Senaa
    Can I suggest you read earlier posts?

There are plenty of suggestions on what action you should be taking.
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 20th Apr 17, 3:58 PM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 1,772 Thanks
    naedanger
    Originally posted by Senaa
    I agree with the suggestion that you read the previous posts e.g. post number 55.

Then if you want a more specific reply then I suggest you give more information since not everyone on this thread is in the exact same position. For example did you order anything from them, or visit their website, how did they get your email address, was the item still sent from Denmark etc.
    • Amsamo
    • By Amsamo 22nd Apr 17, 2:48 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Amsamo
    Thank you
    Hello, I've just received this mascara and I have had the whole situation as everyone and it panicked me. Since reading your post though it's giving me hope. When you said that you sent them proof of posting that you sent to trading standards was it? And a video. What was it. Only I want to know if I can do a similar thing with them.
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 22nd Apr 17, 5:10 PM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 1,772 Thanks
    naedanger
    Hello, I've just received this mascara and I have had the whole situation as everyone and it panicked me. Since reading your post though it's giving me hope. When you said that you sent them proof of posting that you sent to trading standards was it? And a video. What was it. Only I want to know if I can do a similar thing with them.
    Originally posted by Amsamo
    Can you give some background to your specific circumstances?

Are you based in the UK?

Did you visit their website and purchase or agree to anything?
    • Amsamo
    • By Amsamo 23rd Apr 17, 3:49 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Amsamo
    Hello yes I'm based in the UK. I have had the same problem with clicking on their advert by accident. My details were already in the checkout area as my phone automatically put them in. I removed all of my details and exited the website. Only today I received the mascara with the invoice. I have already contacted them they told me that it's not possible to place an order without clicking on the confirm order button (same as what they have told everyone else) I've reported them to European anti fraud office so I'm hoping they get back to me soon. Any other advice? They are not getting a penny from me.
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 23rd Apr 17, 10:25 AM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 1,772 Thanks
    naedanger
    Hello yes I'm based in the UK. I have had the same problem with clicking on their advert by accident. My details were already in the checkout area as my phone automatically put them in. I removed all of my details and exited the website. Only today I received the mascara with the invoice. I have already contacted them they told me that it's not possible to place an order without clicking on the confirm order button (same as what they have told everyone else) I've reported them to European anti fraud office so I'm hoping they get back to me soon. Any other advice? They are not getting a penny from me.
    My response would depend on whether I had clicked on the "confirm" button. Did you click on such a button?
    • Amsamo
    • By Amsamo 23rd Apr 17, 11:33 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Amsamo
    My response would depend on whether I had clicked on the "confirm" button. Did you click on such a button?
    Originally posted by naedanger
    Hello no I did not just like everyone else on this thread.
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 23rd Apr 17, 12:51 PM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 1,772 Thanks
    naedanger
    Hello no I did not just like everyone else on this thread.
    Well in that case I suggest you just completely ignore them.
    • Danielle1229
    • By Danielle1229 24th Apr 17, 4:56 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Danielle1229
    I think this company is disgusting.

I have regrettably exchanged multiple emails with them and they have said if its identity theft then file a police report and they want a copy of it. If it is not identity theft then the money needs to be paid in full, i went through multiple pages on their adverts and couldnt find a price on any of the products they do, they have billed me for four different products, three of them which i actually havent received.

I explained to them i am a single, working mum that is struggling to make ends meet as it is and asked what advise would they give to resolve this and their reply was just methods of paying and reminding me it needs to be paid in full. Im so upset about it all. I have read all your replys which have been helpful, but can anyone tell me who i can email and report this company to. Im based in the UK and currently in the middle of brexit so im not sure if i can contact the european.

Please can some one help? Thanks in advance
    • Danielle1229
    • By Danielle1229 24th Apr 17, 4:59 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Danielle1229
    Awful company
    I think this company is disgusting.

I have regrettably exchanged multiple emails with them and they have said if its identity theft then file a police report and they want a copy of it. If it is not identity theft then the money needs to be paid in full, i went through multiple pages on their adverts and couldnt find a price on any of the products they do, they have billed me for four different products, three of them which i actually havent received.

I explained to them i am a single, working mum that is struggling to make ends meet as it is and asked what advise would they give to resolve this and their reply was just methods of paying and reminding me it needs to be paid in full. Im so upset about it all. I have read all your replys which have been helpful, but can anyone tell me who i can email and report this company to. Im based in the UK and currently in the middle of brexit so im not sure if i can contact the european.

Please can some one help? Thanks in advance
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

548Posts Today

4,333Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin