Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Xandra85
    • By Xandra85 5th Nov 16, 4:38 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Xandra85
    LuxStyle Quickmax invoicing scam
    • 5th Nov 16, 4:38 PM
    LuxStyle Quickmax invoicing scam 5th Nov 16 at 4:38 PM
    HI All,

I'm a long time reader, first time poster, so please be gentle with me.

The reason for my post is two fold:
    1. To ask for advice
    2. To warn others

I clicked through an advertisement on Instagram for a beauty product called Quickmax (eyelash serum), made by a company called Luxstyle (Lux Style). It was one of those horrible websites that doesn't show you the price straightaway, you have to enter your address and email first. (Yes, I know, I know, this should have been a warning sign...)

When it took me through to payment (via PayPal) I saw they wanted to charge me £60 for two products and postage. Being sane, I did not order the products, closed down the window and thought no more of it.

I then got an email, saying 'Thank you for ordering' from this company. I instantly panicked and checked my PayPal account. Nothing had been taken out, so I assumed it was a mistake and forgot about it.

...until, the products arrived on my doorstep with an invoice for £65. (additional £5 fee for invoicing too!!).

I utilised Google and found this thread:
    uk.trustpilot.com/review/luxstyle.nl

Where a massive number of people are facing the same issue - being sent, and then invoiced for goods they never ordered. I've emailed the company, who said I can send the product back to them at my own cost...to Denmark. I have told them I won't be paying for something I haven't ordered and that I will happily send them back if they provide a prepaid postage label. According to Trust Pilot, others have done the same and got no where, but then later ecieved more invoices for fines for late payment, or threats of court action. So I'm not sure what to do now. Any helpful suggestions?

Please everyone be aware of this company and AVOID!

Xan.
Page 3
    • Joanne85
    • By Joanne85 4th Feb 17, 10:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joanne85
    Emails From LuxStyle today
    Hi all.
    I'm so glad you've all not paid, I've been getting emails from Lux Style today threatening legal action if I don't pay, I told them I wasn't as I never requested the product and on the day it came in the post I emailed them saying I didn't want it and they told me to send it back return to sender as I said I wasn't paying postage.
    I replied to one of their emails today saying i will be contacting the police and watchdog over their scam and they haven't replied since.
    It's then that I came on Google to search them and have seen all your replies, I have now contacted watchdog about Lux Style and maybe if they get enough people complaining about them they will warn people know on their about them.
    • Ivanesence
    • By Ivanesence 7th Feb 17, 5:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Ivanesence
    Ivan
    Hello,

We're having a similar problem on this end. LuxStyle have said we're welcome to send the products back but this would obviously be at our cost and I'm unsure whether we'd still be billed £5 for the invoice. I've emailed them saying that they've sent out unsolicited goods we didn't want but they're saying that we supposedly agreed to the terms and pushed the big green order button that they emailed us a crude screen-cap of, patronising us along the way.

Do you think that holding onto the goods is the best idea? I don't like the idea of them stressing my mother out with threats of debt collection but from what I've been reading it seems they won't get very far. I do hope I haven't dug myself a hole by exchanging multiple emails with them.

Thanks,

Ivan
    • eejay74
    • By eejay74 8th Feb 17, 9:26 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eejay74
    Hi Im in NZ and this happened to me too! I can't believe they have done this to sooo many people. Their scare tactics actually work but Im not paying them a penny! I am seriously worried about getting a bad credit rating and going through trouble with Debt Collectors.. no-one likes them! Hopefully if it gets to that level NZ collectors will refuse to be involved. Scam artists like this really make my blood boil. Its just not right on so many levels. They have to be stopped. Why should I pay to send a product back I didn't even ask for in the first place!?
    • eejay74
    • By eejay74 8th Feb 17, 6:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eejay74
    How do I respond to this?

Hello Erina,

Thank you for your reply.

It is not possible to place an order without accepting the terms. You have to press the Order button in the order process, before an order is confirmed and processed. The impact of pressing this button is explained upfront. The explanation also refers to our Terms and Conditions.

We have offered one or more solutions in our previous communication to you. Unfortunately, we are unable to solve your case if you opt not to use any of these solutions. Further e-mails will therefore be ignored, unless you contact us to use one of the previous mentioned solutions.

Please note that once the deadline is over it will be forwarded to collections and this only will result in associated additional costs for you.
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 8th Feb 17, 7:38 PM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    naedanger
    How do I respond to this?

Hello Erina,

Thank you for your reply.

It is not possible to place an order without accepting the terms. You have to press the Order button in the order process, before an order is confirmed and processed. The impact of pressing this button is explained upfront. The explanation also refers to our Terms and Conditions.

We have offered one or more solutions in our previous communication to you. Unfortunately, we are unable to solve your case if you opt not to use any of these solutions. Further e-mails will therefore be ignored, unless you contact us to use one of the previous mentioned solutions.

Please note that once the deadline is over it will be forwarded to collections and this only will result in associated additional costs for you.
    Originally posted by eejay74
    Were the implications of pressing the order button explained to you before you pressed it?

If not then I suggest you ignore their emails. (Trying to reason with them is counter productive as they are not reasonable people.)
    Last edited by naedanger; 08-02-2017 at 7:45 PM.
    • sallyins
    • By sallyins 9th Feb 17, 2:19 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    sallyins
    Issues with Lux style
    I have just received this reply - can anyone advise?

• Ellis1234
    • By Ellis1234 10th Feb 17, 10:55 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ellis1234
    Quickmax
    I found this article on the European Consumer centre website.

Luxstyle ApS and Lux International Sales ApS have been reported to the Danish police over the sending of unsolicited goods along with demands for payments from consumers all over the world.

The ECC-Net and other consumer bodies have received many complaints about this company which concern the advertisement of a number of beauty aids.

The consumers report that they can only view a price once their address details have been entered on a webform. It is at this point that the company registers an "order". Typically the consumers have not given their payment details so an invoice is sent with the goods.

The company has suggested to the Danish consumer authority that they do not consider their practice to be in violation of any laws.

We feel that the company has not clearly stated that an order is being placed at the moment the consumer enters their details onto the webform.

What can you do?

If you have received an invoice for goods that you haven't ordered then you can call us for advice on 01268 886690 or email details to ecc@tsi.org.uk.
    • Ellis1234
    • By Ellis1234 11th Feb 17, 2:11 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ellis1234
    Consumer protection
    Contact the consumer protection bureau/agency for whatever country you live in, I am sure they will help.
    • mnmn01
    • By mnmn01 13th Feb 17, 8:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mnmn01
    Report this scam
    If the address of the LuxStyle company you ordered from is from Denmark, report your case here to the Denmark Consumer Omudsman: (even if you live outside of Denmark)
    I'm not allowed to post links since i'm new, but just Google "Denmark Consumer Omudsman" and look under "Contact Us"

A family member of mine recently fell for this scam.
    If we all report or cases, hopefully they can investigate and shut this company down.
    • Happyjhajj
    • By Happyjhajj 19th Feb 17, 8:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Happyjhajj
    Lux international scam
    Hi i didnt order any product from them and send it to me. I email them like i dint want this product they said to me when i will get this send them back and thats what i did. When I received it i send them back and after that i got there email they have got my product back and they have disgard the charges and after this if i am receiving any email just ignore that. But still i am recieving the email and today they have send me the third final warning letter to pay the amount. When i forword the previous confirmation email to them just to let them know, i have done everything and after that got the confirmation email. They are saying they didnt assepet that product back because that was not within returning time period. But that wasnt my fault if I received it late. Now they keep on sending me emails. What should i do? I definitely dont want to pay, what else i can do?

Thanks
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 19th Feb 17, 9:32 PM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,549 Thanks
    wealdroam
    Hi i didnt order any product from them and send it to me. I email them like i dint want this product they said to me when i will get this send them back and thats what i did. When I received it i send them back and after that i got there email they have got my product back and they have disgard the charges and after this if i am receiving any email just ignore that. But still i am recieving the email and today they have send me the third final warning letter to pay the amount. When i forword the previous confirmation email to them just to let them know, i have done everything and after that got the confirmation email. They are saying they didnt assepet that product back because that was not within returning time period. But that wasnt my fault if I received it late. Now they keep on sending me emails. What should i do? I definitely dont want to pay, what else i can do?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Happyjhajj
    Why don't you read a few of the replies on this thread?

There is plenty of advice here on what to do.
    • Jhaina
    • By Jhaina 19th Feb 17, 11:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jhaina
    Hi everyone, I have the same situation I am located in Australia and I saw that product on facebook so I check it and ask my email address and so on then before Christmas I received 2 tubes of Quickmax then after few days I received an email and an invoice telling me to pay and I just ignored it then after few days they send me a penalty $10 and now they charged me $89 for 2 and they sent me another email telling that if I haven't pay they will submit it to debt collectors and to legal attorneys if I haven't pay within 5 days.
    • Malawigirl08
    • By Malawigirl08 20th Feb 17, 12:27 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Malawigirl08
    Thank you so much . My story was the same as most of yours and I opened a dispute with the European commission today and sent their acknowledgement to LuxStyle, within 4 hrs they came back to say they have reviewed my case and have decided to accept my return and have closed my case. What a result, thanks.
    • Birdie2468
    • By Birdie2468 20th Feb 17, 10:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Birdie2468
    I also have fallen victim to this company, however I do not recall entering any details onto their site, but some how they have got my details from somewhere, but they do not appear to have an email address for me as I have not received any emails and my address they have got it not fully accurate. However I have not received any goods from them at all. I first heard of this company around end of November when I received an Invoice requesting payment for Quickmax product. I just returned the letter advising they must have made a mistake. I then received a third reminder mid-January to which I replied I had not placed an order or received any goods and suggested they provided proof of delivery ? After receiving the letter I googled the company and found all the other comments people had written about it being complete scan.
    • koy
    • By koy 22nd Feb 17, 1:11 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    koy
    What to do
    in this instance what you will need to do is this:

1) Ignore their emails. Its a scare tactic

2) Send an email to FORBRUGEROMBUDSMANDEN@kfst.dk They assist with consumer issues. The more emails they get the better. (mine was a rough email, but make your email as detailed as you can).

Below is an example to what I wrote.

I am emailing from New Zealand.

I would like to submit a complaint for company:

LuxStyle International
    They have sent me items that I have not requested. I have sent these items back however I am continuously getting emails from them threatening to take legal action.

This site is a scam, and their continuous emails are borderline harassment. I have not entered any agreement with this company.
    • boxesgirl33
    • By boxesgirl33 8th Mar 17, 4:54 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    boxesgirl33
    Hi I'm in the same boat third invoice/ letter. But I thought I should check my credit file (noodle) and it's on there I emailed them explaining what had happened but they refused to take it off my file what shall I do?
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 8th Mar 17, 5:20 PM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    naedanger
    Hi I'm in the same boat third invoice/ letter. But I thought I should check my credit file (noodle) and it's on there I emailed them explaining what had happened but they refused to take it off my file what shall I do?
    Originally posted by boxesgirl33
    What information is on your credit file?

If the information is inaccurate then send Noddle a written complaint that they are failing to correct inaccurate information. Noddle's complaint process is here:

http://www.callcredit.co.uk/consumer-solutions/contact-us/complaints-procedure
    • LaurenFull
    • By LaurenFull 17th Mar 17, 8:31 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LaurenFull
    I previously purchased 2 packets of blackhead peel away cleanser, 5 came through, and i came across this through a fscebook add sayig it was something stulid like £1 and i ended up paying £2.35- the money was taken out of my account.

A couple of months later and I have received a letter saying I had to a total of £49 something because I hadn't paid for my product.
    I emailed someone from the company and had a reply from a man called Jamie Andrews. He asked for an invoice on PayPal. Now being as young as I am I didn't understand this and sent a photo of the payment being taken from my account via PayPal. He said that this wouldn't be enough proof and I still has to pay my bill.

Someone please help pme I am so worried that they will take me to court over something I didn't do
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 17th Mar 17, 9:58 AM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    naedanger
    I previously purchased 2 packets of blackhead peel away cleanser, 5 came through, and i came across this through a fscebook add sayig it was something stulid like £1 and i ended up paying £2.35- the money was taken out of my account.

A couple of months later and I have received a letter saying I had to a total of £49 something because I hadn't paid for my product.
    I emailed someone from the company and had a reply from a man called Jamie Andrews. He asked for an invoice on PayPal. Now being as young as I am I didn't understand this and sent a photo of the payment being taken from my account via PayPal. He said that this wouldn't be enough proof and I still has to pay my bill.

Someone please help pme I am so worried that they will take me to court over something I didn't do
    Originally posted by LaurenFull
    Email them back saying you dispute that you owe them any money and state that you will not enter into any further correspondence until they supply proof, in writing, that you owe them this amount.

If the matter went to court the onus would be on them proving you owe them the money, not on you proving otherwise. (I cannot just demand you pay me £49 and demand you prove otherwise. I must first provide evidence to support my claim.)

I suspect they will reply. If they do then post their response here.
    • Geofkcl
    • By Geofkcl 30th Mar 17, 3:05 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Geofkcl
    Gk
    Hi there, my wife also got into this scam last December. We r in Singapore. Now she keeps receiving mail to ask her to pay the product she did not buy.

Yesterday she received third mail reminder to ask her to pay up . Else risk of extra cost and they will ask local debt collector and lawyer to proceed to collect the payment.

Since u experienced this in Singapore, how u deal it ? Any good advice ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,218Posts Today

8,262Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin