Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 4th Nov 16, 5:02 PM
    • 255Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Nick
    Cheap Sim-only Article Discussion
    • 4th Nov 16, 5:02 PM
    Cheap Sim-only Article Discussion 4th Nov 16 at 5:02 PM

This thread is specifically to discuss the content of the

Cheap Sim-only Deals guide

To discuss or ask a question about this article: click reply
    Last edited by MSE Nick; 04-11-2016 at 5:04 PM.
Page 6
    • millie
    • By millie 27th Nov 17, 2:05 PM
    • 900 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    millie
    I have been with ID mobile for 12 months never had any problems with them
    • angelaaa
    • By angelaaa 30th Nov 17, 8:08 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    angelaaa
    I didn't find this email from Three until today - so thought I'd share. All details of offer, and it did require that you clicked through via the eail to complete your order.

"Thank you for submitting your details for the following offer:
    £60 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card with Advanced 4GB 12 month SIM with AYCE minutes & texts at Three.

If you haven't done so already, please complete your order on the Three website using the below link to ensure you receive your reward:
    BUY NOW
    You will receive your eGift once you have completed your order and this purchase has been validated by Three.

Details of how to receive your gift will be sent to the email address provided after 90 days from your purchase.

Terms and Conditions

We’ve set out below the terms and conditions for our 4GB SIM contract Gift Card promotion.
    The Promoter is Hutchison 3G UK Limited of Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 1EH (“Three”) with Giftcloud of Vodafone House, the Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN acting as their agent (“Giftcloud”). Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this Promotion – see below for Amazon.co.uk Gift Card General Terms.
    The 4GB SIM contract Gift Card Promotion (“Promotion”) will run from 17th October 2017 until 10th November 2017 but may be withdrawn, amended or extended, at any time and without notice (“Promotion Period”).
    To be eligible for the £60 gift card reward (“Reward”) you must successfully: (a) enter into a new 12-month package that includes an Advanced SIM with 4GB data allowance on new contracts including all-you-can-eat minutes and texts with Three via the link in this offer; (b) be a resident in the UK and be 18 years or over; and (c) comply with our Terms for use of Three Services, including paying your first bill in full and on time (“Qualifying Purchase”).
    The Qualifying Purchase must be made in accordance with the instructions, immediately, and within any time limit stated, after clicking on the product link – if any other websites or advertising banners are clicked on in between following the product link and making the purchase, we will not be able to track the sale and pay gift card.
    The gift card Rewards are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. The gift card may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Recipients of the gift card agree that the cost of and the responsibility for complying with such additional terms and conditions will be borne solely by them, and that all third party terms and conditions relating to the gift card are beyond Three’s control.
    Three reserves the right to disqualify any entries which it deems, at its sole discretion.
    Any third party terms and conditions relating to the gift card are beyond the control of Three.
    Three cannot accept responsibility for entries lost or delayed in transmission. Under no circumstances will Three (or its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) be liable (unless such liability cannot be lawfully excluded) for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in this Promotion and it excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law for any loss or damage caused to customer arising out of gift card.
    These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
    This offer is not available for purchases made via the telephone, webchat or in-store.
    Three holds the right to withdraw this offer if they believe that the terms of the offer are being abused in any way.
    If you cancel your order within 90 days you will not be eligible to receive the Reward.
    This offer may be withdrawn or amended at any time.
    This Promotion cannot be combined with any other voucher, offer, discount or promotion code and may not be redeemed for cash. If this is used alongside another offer or discount you will not be eligible for the offer.
    Your Amazon Gift Card will be sent within 90 days of your purchase to the email entered into this promotion.
    Only one Reward will be delivered per person.
    Rewards should be treated like cash and kept securely. They cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
    If you have any questions about this offer, please contact Three via the below link"
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 5th Dec 17, 11:28 AM
    • 2,859 Posts
    • 13,329 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    ID Mobile ?
    Originally posted by millie
    Great news hope it stays that way, but be warned

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5749828
    Last edited by MoneyMate; 06-12-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • d123
    • By d123 5th Dec 17, 11:06 PM
    • 6,744 Posts
    • 4,302 Thanks
    d123
    Originally posted by millie
    From what I’ve read you’ve either been very lucky or never had a complicated issue occur with your account.
    ====
    • mbmonty
    • By mbmonty 15th Dec 17, 11:54 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mbmonty
    Virgin deal has rip off factors
    I was very pleased to see the headline on the MSE email suggesting price of unlimited calls and text plus some data would cost between £7 and £10 compared to £15 previously.

I was already paying £10 and so really just hoping I would get a better deal, this is the one I was considering

If you're not in contract with Virgin Mobile*, you can get this 12 month contract with 2,500 minutes, unlimited texts and 6GB of 4G data. Virgin Mobile piggybacks on EE's network.

It's usually £11/mth for 1GB but keep the '£1 Lifetime Discount' and 'Lifetime Triple Data' boxes checked and it's boosted to £10/mth for 6GB once you click through.

Then I saw the NEED to KNOW's

The OK's

12-month contract.

Well to be expected I guess, fair enough

Runs off the EE network.

Not the worst or the best but no issue

The BADS

If you exceed your allowance, it's £2/day for data, 45p/min for calls to UK mobiles or landlines and 15p per text.

What a rip off, nobody wants a contract that is a minefield. As if that was not bad enough

Tethering is not allowed with this network.

That is ridiculous in this day and age, it is not as if they are providing unlimited data, it means if you are away from home with your laptop you can't use your mobile data, absolutely pointless.

Virgin Mobile may increase the price annually in line with inflation.

Well that is a complete rip off factor, you give them 12 months and they stitch you like this, my current provider has not increased their price to me since 2007 and they still give an extra 1gb loyalty data for a screw up they did some years ago.

You'll be credit-checked – see our Credit Scores guide.

No No NO, why should I be credit checked, I am not buying a phone or taking any credit, Virgin will take Direct Debits on demand, if they are worried about excessive usage they can limit the contract to not go over certain limits. I really resent being credit checked when I am NOT taking credit.

So sad that Virgin seems to have become this rip off company, broadband deals are just as bad.

Sadly the other deals seem mainly for BT customers or for kids.

One can only hope that these prices cause other players to be more competitive.
    • craigr98
    • By craigr98 16th Dec 17, 5:29 AM
    • 171 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    craigr98
    I was very pleased to see the headline on the MSE email suggesting price of unlimited calls and text plus some data would cost between £7 and £10 compared to £15 previously.

I was already paying £10 and so really just hoping I would get a better deal, this is the one I was considering

If you're not in contract with Virgin Mobile*, you can get this 12 month contract with 2,500 minutes, unlimited texts and 6GB of 4G data. Virgin Mobile piggybacks on EE's network.

It's usually £11/mth for 1GB but keep the '£1 Lifetime Discount' and 'Lifetime Triple Data' boxes checked and it's boosted to £10/mth for 6GB once you click through.

Then I saw the NEED to KNOW's

The OK's

12-month contract.

Well to be expected I guess, fair enough

Runs off the EE network.

Not the worst or the best but no issue

The BADS

If you exceed your allowance, it's £2/day for data, 45p/min for calls to UK mobiles or landlines and 15p per text.

What a rip off, nobody wants a contract that is a minefield. As if that was not bad enough

Tethering is not allowed with this network.

That is ridiculous in this day and age, it is not as if they are providing unlimited data, it means if you are away from home with your laptop you can't use your mobile data, absolutely pointless.

Virgin Mobile may increase the price annually in line with inflation.

Well that is a complete rip off factor, you give them 12 months and they stitch you like this, my current provider has not increased their price to me since 2007 and they still give an extra 1gb loyalty data for a screw up they did some years ago.

You'll be credit-checked – see our Credit Scores guide.

No No NO, why should I be credit checked, I am not buying a phone or taking any credit, Virgin will take Direct Debits on demand, if they are worried about excessive usage they can limit the contract to not go over certain limits. I really resent being credit checked when I am NOT taking credit.

So sad that Virgin seems to have become this rip off company, broadband deals are just as bad.

Sadly the other deals seem mainly for BT customers or for kids.

One can only hope that these prices cause other players to be more competitive.
    Originally posted by mbmonty
    I have been with Virgin mobile since February and tether and they have never complained. Also which network have you been with to say that they haven’t increased prices since 2007?
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 16th Dec 17, 8:34 AM
    • 7,513 Posts
    • 2,355 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Methinks the "NEED" to KNOWs" should be only one:- use binoculars in reverse to read that post! The rest (at a glance - gives you a headache trying to read very much - is all standard and basic for practically anyone with a normal mobile contract. The again, I didn't read most of it for obvious reasons...
    Last edited by mobilejunkie; Today at 2:28 PM.
    • mbmonty
    • By mbmonty 16th Dec 17, 12:37 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mbmonty
    Your loss, but I will not lose any sleep

Saying that it is normal is not going to make it acceptable.

Sky and Plusnet do not credit check broadband customers and it wins them business

TalkTalk sell your data monthly without your consent, will never go with them again.

It is the principle of the thing, if I buy a phone over two years then fine, but they are credit checking so they can sell your data.
    Last edited by mbmonty; Today at 12:46 PM.
    • mbmonty
    • By mbmonty 16th Dec 17, 12:43 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mbmonty
    I have been with Virgin mobile since February and tether and they have never complained. Also which network have you been with to say that they haven’t increased prices since 2007?
    Originally posted by craigr98
    Well they shouldn't put that in their terms then because it lost them a customer.

I have friends who said the same thing about 3Mobile until the day they did block the tethering, fact is that a mobile is a mini hotspot these days and mobile companies should recognise that.

I did not say that my supplier has not increased their prices, just that they have not increased MY price on over 10 years. Currently they do offer deals as low as £6 or £7.50 but obviously for kids etc.

3 had a 100gb black friday deal that was interesting but again no tethering.

Another deal I saw (Tesco I think) had 6gb of data for £11 but I missed it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,653Posts Today

6,136Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin