Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sue-UU
    • By Sue-UU 4th Nov 16, 12:10 AM
    • 8,602Posts
    • 47,871Thanks
    Sue-UU
    "Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 10"
    • 4th Nov 16, 12:10 AM
    "Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 10" 4th Nov 16 at 12:10 AM
    Alright then Potters, it seems awe-inspiring that we're starting off with with "SPC "No 10"!!! Where have all the years gone since it first began! So very hard to believe that by the end of this year we'll have been going for a full decade!!!!

For all newcomers, yes "Old Timers" too - it's so very important to please read through this entire post to see what the SPC is all about, dates for counting up and our re-opening date etc.. However, please be sure to Join the forum first in order to be able to join the challenge - if you haven't already! For ALL SPC members, please chat away on this SPC 10 thread about your conquests, money-saving ideas etc from Post 4 onward, it gives encouragement to all, including yourselves as it keeps the motivation to save far stronger.

Hello yet again dedicated MSE Sealed Pot Savers! We're off once more with another Sealed Pot Challenge No 10. We've had 9 amazinly money-saving years, but it's all purely through the determined saving of you all - many thanks to you amazing folk who have made SPC what it is!!

For all newcomers - a really huge heartfelt welcome! We're a terrific bunch who just adore greeting more members to the flock. Please read through the whole of this post and you'll be aware of why SPC is so special. You all settle in straight away and become part of our saving family!

The idea is to save as much as possible throughout the following year until just before Christmas - which this year will be to open our pots on Thursday the 2nd November 2017. We save it in pots that we've pre-sealed to stop us being tempted to open them. Any spare cash can be put away, every day/week/month, whatever is best for you. If you have change left over after you've been shopping - pop it in the pot! After all why not! However small the change...the likelihood is that it won't be missed, and might otherwise have been wasted!

Most of us put the difference in that we've been saved on special offers etc, it's all saved at the shop so it makes sense to save it in the pot to mount up!

Below are the basics for making your pot and sealing.

Firstly: Get yourself a pot, and remember - it doesn't need to cost much - if anything. If money's tight then use any pot for now, i.e. A sweet tin, coffee jar..extremely MSE!! Next - seal it with sellotape and be sure to make a slit in the lid, big enough for a 50p to go in, that way all coins will fit in. Later on, if you wish, you can always take advantage of finding a cheap pot in the sales after Christmas, or put one you fancy on your Christmas list! You can always buy ready sealed tins from reasonably priced shops! They're usually about a POUND from a £ store!!

It can also be interesting and challenging to make yourself a Papier Mach! pig (or any animal) etc by using Frugaldom's recipe by clicking here then going to Post No. 597 or by going to a totally separate thread papier mach! animal here. Many thanks to Frugaldom.

After selecting your pot, seal round the lid with sellotape or superglue if necessary. Again, be sure to make a slit in the top that is the right size for a 50p to go in! NB. If you make a Papier Mach! pot you will need to "operate" on it at the end of each challenge! Still, you can always have the pleasure of making a new one towards the end of the year, or getting the kiddies involved - if you're the daring type! The mind could run riot with what to model!

Anyone wanting to show a picture of their pot on the thread, here are directions by jakes-mum: "Go to www.photobucket.com and create an account, click the orange 'upload' button at the top and select your picture from your computer. Once uploaded, select the picture and click 'edit' then 'resize' change the first size number to 400 and click save. On the right hand side click the link next to 'direct', come back here and click the little picture of the mountain above the reply box, delete out the http and right hand click, select paste and your link should get pasted in. When you post your reply your pic should be there and not absolutely massive". Many thanks, jakes-mum, you are a gem!

Terrimundi pots are available in many shops and on-line, they're very attractive and another ready sealed way to save, and though the manufacturers and retailers would have you believe differently, you DO NOT need to smash them to remove your cash!! I've used mine for 9 years...and at the end of each year's (since 2009 when I graduated from a carton!) challenge, hubby and I have a whale of a time, doing things the 'old' way by tilting the pot and using a knife! Though, a few years ago DH bought a 12" steel ruler in from the shed which is thin and broad and perfect for the job. So be assured that, so long as you go carefully, you CAN use them again and again....unless you drop the darned things!! They are costly though, but this is where your Christmas list comes in handy, though always keep a look out in charity shops too!

Regarding the Sealed Cans many of you use, apparently the best way to open the sealed tins is, rather than using a tin opener, squeeze the side of the tin, where the seam meets and you can pop the seal and tip the money out that way.

The term roadkill = any money found on pavements, parks etc; even in car parks or on shop floors etc.

NB. A few notes of interest.

1/ Any money given as a gift (other than Birthdays, Christmas etc) i.e.. Inherited can not be included as savings. Likewise any money put directly into the bank cannot be counted as savings with SPC. Money from small second jobs is ok, such as cleaning for Mrs Bloggs down the road/ taking in ironing, a part-time job or anything similar is ok to be saved. Any savings saved via Christmas Clubs can also be used in your SPC Totals, it's another way of saving for Christmas after all. Money received from cashback sites such as Quidco, topcashback etc can be included in your pots. Likewise, any money made from sales on E-Bay, Facebook or similar can be saved.

Also it's possible to include all other savings from MSE Challenges with your SPC Totals i.e. the £2 Challenge as, apparently they aren't put down on the challenge threads themselves. If you're unsure, please ask on the thread, and remember - there's no so thing as a stupid question!

Second incomes can come in many varied and very lucrative guises and anything such as that would be unfair to other members. Mostly the SPC is a challenge to see how much we can save during the year...mostly it's relatively small amounts which are saved from wages, housekeeping, good budgeting etc. Remunerations via the letting of second homes cannot be included in the SPC.

2/
    Whenever you're in the dilemma of "ooh should I buy that?" If you don't need it, but just want it - leave it there and pot the cash instead, you'll be much more satisfied with the accomplishment, pleased with your self-discipline too. All too often, if I go back a second time I find I didn't even like whatever it was anyway.

3/ You can ask me to put a Target on for you to try to meet (it goes alongside your name and number on the 2nd and 3rd posts below) but it's not necessary. If you do set one, but are unable to meet it, it doesn't matter at all, at least you will have tried! A few people keep account of all they save, but most of us count what we save daily or weekly, then put it on the thread to help encourage others then we pot it and forget about it and ....wait for the surprise at the end of the year! If you're hoping for a particular amount, but still want a surprise at the end of the saving year, work out what amount you'd like and what's needed per week to achieve it - save that amount weekly/monthly as well as still putting your bits of change in without holding the amounts in your head - you're bound to come out on top that way and still get a surprise!

Please don't worry about the amounts others save! There are such differences with jobs, wages, commitments etc so some naturally find large sums easy to save, while others of us don't. However, it's the pleasure that counts - so be happy with yours, proud too, and remember it's NOT a contest!!

4/ Mainly SPC is a challenge to see how much we can save in a year for Christmas 2017. However, over the last 9 years we've had some members who needed theirs throughout the year for bills, and personally I'd far sooner they take the cash out for that than pay more interest or...miss a due date! You can always start again, even if it's getting later in the year, you can even include what you needed to take out, after all, you will have saved it. Whatever you need to do, don't worry about it - be happy and proud you have saved!

5/ If you wish to save for something special, a holiday, wedding etc then please do so, just please remember to declare it on November 2nd. The most important thing, is that you are saving ...and hopefully not tempted to take it out unnecessarily. If anyone has any other queries, then please sing out...though not too loudly.....you might shatter your pot/s!

6/ At the end of the year (or when we've saved for what we wish) count up all your money saved and declare your Total either by waiting until the declaration date - or (if you've needed your cash for other things - by putting your Total on your MSE signature to remind you to include it in your full Total; that particularly applies to those using their money for holidays etc, but PLEASE remember to return to the thread on the 2nd November to declare those Totals to me. Some members prefer not to keep too much money in the house and count theirs up every now and then to bank it, in which case they always pop the amount banked on their MSE signatures.

7/ DO KEEP YOUR POT or POTS SAFE!! If you hide it, be sure to remember where you put it as it wouldn't be the first time that members have forgotten where they've hidden it!

8/ "Holding Pots": To anyone concerned about putting money into their pot...then possibly needing it later in the week/month: Why not use an unsealed pot or purse as a "holding pot" and pop the money in there first each day/week/month - then, if it's not needed (for car parking costs, little Johnnies school trip etc) - put it in your Sealed pot so it stays put. Do that each week and it'll save you taking money from the bank. Discipline yourself to only take what's needed though!

9/ "Where to take bags of cash at the end of the year?": With regards to this all important question, here's vital help from girlatplay: "I bank with Bank of Scotland and they accept as many change bags as you have, as long as you take them to the business banking counter." That is so handy for members to know, many thanks to GAP. This applies to many banks, I suspect most banks/building societies are the same if truth be known.

10/ Members who do not return by the end of November of any year will sadly now lose their numbers as, many people who sign up to the challenge then don't bother returning! To be fair, I think a lot get swept up in the excitement of it all, but then, for one reason of another, can't or don't wish to keep it up, but that then leaves me with a long list of non savers on the list which makes things very difficult over time. Sorry folks, but any saving members won't be at all worried about this - but if those 'defaulting' (bad word, but...!) members remember then - come on back and ask for another number, they will always be be more than welcome!

On the 2 posts below is a list of members and their numbers, always display your No on your signatures please, that makes life so much easier for me and my DH when counting up all of our Totals. In December or thereabouts I declare the Grand Total of ALL that we members have collected, what a terrific sight that is! Please declare yours savings ASAP on or close to the 2nd November, many thanks.

Just a quiet word of warning to all those in the Cambridge area - forget ever thinking of looking for roadkill there as jakes-mum will even tackle you the ground to get to it first! Think I'm joking??

Once again, we've just had another truly amazing year, let's keep it up and see what we can achieve this year. Good luck everyone and save well!!

PLEASE take note everyone Thursday 2nd Nov is the closing date for 2017, the day we declare what we've saved on the thread, kindly declare your monies saved within 2 weeks of the 2nd, thank you kindly.

Anyone wishing to join us please post on the thread to ask and I'll give you a number and an official welcome so you can join in the fun......and please do note that...time means any time of year!

It's Never Too Late To Join Us! and You Never Need To Re-join....well, unless you stop visiting us in November! However.......you can always return to the fold and be made very welcome!

Many thanks for reading
    , Sue x
    Last edited by Sue-UU; 04-11-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 001 My Totals = 08 £163.95 09 = £315.78 10 = £518.80 11 = £481.87 12 = £694.53 13 = £1200.20! 14 = £881 15 = £839.21 16 = £870.48 17 871.52 Grand Totals of all members (2008 uncounted) 2009 = £32.154.32! 2010 = £37.581.47! 2011 = £42.474.34! 2012 = £49.759.46! 2013 = £50.642.78! 2014 = £61.367.88!! 2015 = £52.852.06! 2016= £52, 002.40!!!

Page 80
    • Florence J
    • By Florence J 10th Jun 17, 11:39 AM
    • 1,794 Posts
    • 10,162 Thanks
    Florence J
    Potted a small £1 ish assortment of coins.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 11 #553
    £1000 Emergency Fund Challenge #253
    Wombling free 2017 = £2110.15
    Pay off all your debts by Xmas 2017 #53 (£3133.08/£3000)
    November 2017 Credit Card Debt: £3980
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 10th Jun 17, 4:25 PM
    • 5,038 Posts
    • 52,396 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Afternoon lovelies

At last - the sun has appeared this afternoon and there's some blue sky

Have potted my usual £10 for the week.

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend
    Lx
    £10day..2014=3213..2015=3421..2016=3238..2017=2370....DEC=80.15/310
    GrocC..2014=2162..2015=2083..2016=2181..2017=1800....DEC=67.86/200
    Bulk buy.......DEC=101.44
    GC.NSD....2015=216....2016=213....2017=191....DEC=2/15
    SPC130x60...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616...2017=3843.51
    OS WL= -4/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £10,250
    • Sue-UU
    • By Sue-UU 10th Jun 17, 11:23 PM
    • 8,602 Posts
    • 47,871 Thanks
    Sue-UU
    A very happy Sunday to all!
    Hello, I have just come across this SPC thread - what a great idea! Please may I join? I would like to save £200 between now and Christmas and I really hope this will give me the motivation to do it!
    Originally posted by admiral_traveller
    A very warm welcome to you admiral_traveller (No 068). It's lovely to have you with us. Have fun saving and enjoying the banter. You'll find your number (above) at the bottom of the list on the 2nd post of page 1. Please read through post 1as it'll let you know exactly what to do with the challenge. PS. We always empty our pots and declare our savings in November, please make a note of this year's date: 2nd Nov.

Please also subscribe to the thread by clicking on "Thread Tools" (lower green bar) and clicking "Subscribe to this thread"...or you may lose us! To put your SPC No on, go to "Quick Links" (right side of top green bar), click and then click on "Edit Signature" and you're away.

*Please pop your numbers on your sigs, it really helps.

admiral_traveller - Your are No 068 and your Target of £200 is alongside your name and No. Save well!

I hope you all have a really great weekend SPCers! Thoroughly enjoy yourselves whatever you do, even if the weather isn't great.
    To all those of you unwell or who are poorly in any way, Here's wishing you to get better and here for you are some {{{{hugs}}}} to help xxxx

Very well done on already making an excellent start, admiral_traveller!! As you say, you have to start somewhere and you've done just that, well done!

A shiny gold thread is yours, 3forholidays, a lovely welcome. Good news on more £5s potted!

Well done Florence and never forget, whatever you pot is money saved and not spent!! Much to be chuffed with!

Aha, Fairy Potmother eh Cazzie! Mmmm I quite like it. Not to worry about ERNIE at least you've next month to look ahead to... you never know! Meanwhile as you say keep comping! I must have a go myself some day - why not.
    Things are getting better for me (accident wise) thank you, 2 more weeks and they'll take the cast off and then the therapy begins! Hopefully it will be so much better then! Thanks a lot Cazzie. So you take note of my post-shopping amounts eh - good, and another follows!

Hi 32b3 and I hope you've really enjoyed your time away. Back potting again now, well too by the looks of things, well done!

Very good for you in budgeting more, Antomac, it really does pay, especially when it comes to not needing to buy food out. Good work and lovely final words you wished folk. Thanks a lot.

Ah such plans afoot in preparation of your holiday then, MrsShazbat! You sound as organised as you could be I'm sure. When is it btw? Another Wimbledon lover along with Lynne and I then, not too long to go now!

I very much agree with you, siju, we have to enjoy all simple pleasures and live life while and whenever we can! There's no point in holding back!! It's wonderful to hear you all had a super weekend together, potted well too!

Brilliant potting with you Chutney!!! Very well done for sure!

So you've had some wind eh jakes-mum! What atrocious weather we've endured, and that terrible wind making it all so much worse!!!
    So pleased you've completed your C2C blanket. However, of course your dear Mum would love it if you'd crochet her a poncho with sleeves...does that count for a description because, strange though it may seem, yours baffled me at first! Surprised? Of course you're not!!! Just be ready to either shrink it - or streeetch it!!

You're a right crafty blighter with "somehow" arranging a holiday in Majorca! How could you be mad at your dear Mum, bless her!

I think I understand your temporary estrangement from your pot, MissDM, just do what you have to do and let's hope you're both reunited again soon! Save well anyway, it's so worth it!!

Another £1 potted and nicely added with your cash above earlier in the week/weekend, Florence, very well saved!!!

At last - the sun has appeared this afternoon and there's some blue sky

Have potted my usual £10 for the week.

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend
    Lx
    Originally posted by lynnejk
    It might have been sunny up in sunny Scotland, Lynne, but it certainly isn't down here in fact it's quite a horrible drizzly day. Makes quite a change for once eh! One of my Fitbit friends (bit of a loony) has been running in MUD in Cubria today!!!!!!!

Another £10 of yours safely potted again! Well done you.

Another £20 post-shopping in the pot with the rest! All making friends!! No....I'm not bonkers (much)! There you go Cazzie!!

Enjoy a really lovely weekend, folks. Don't forget those pots!!!

Sue xx

2nd November is the opening date for 2017.

Anyone wishing to join us, it's NEVER too late, so please just ask, you'll be made very welcome.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 001 My Totals = 08 £163.95 09 = £315.78 10 = £518.80 11 = £481.87 12 = £694.53 13 = £1200.20! 14 = £881 15 = £839.21 16 = £870.48 17 871.52 Grand Totals of all members (2008 uncounted) 2009 = £32.154.32! 2010 = £37.581.47! 2011 = £42.474.34! 2012 = £49.759.46! 2013 = £50.642.78! 2014 = £61.367.88!! 2015 = £52.852.06! 2016= £52, 002.40!!!

• AntoMac
    • By AntoMac 11th Jun 17, 9:00 AM
    • 183 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    AntoMac
    Good morning Sue_UU and everyone else.

I always enjoy your summaries. You are a very consistent potter and you must be in line for a very good final total.

I am consistently inconsistent with my potting. Added a few more coins this week. It all adds up.

Something that made me smile/bemused yesterday. We were driving past the Crematorium and there were signs up saying they have an Open Day today
    Didn't make any sense to my Mum or Wife either. Double checked with my Mum if she fancied a trip out there today but luckily she said she'd rather go to the local Open Gardens today so we're going there instead!
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 46

27/5/17 Mort 64,705 Bal Tfrs 19,040
    17/9/17 Mort 62,577 Bal Tfrs 17,602
    • jakes-mum
    • By jakes-mum 11th Jun 17, 8:04 PM
    • 4,358 Posts
    • 42,297 Thanks
    jakes-mum
    Goooooooooooooood Evening pottersssssssssssss

Sue, I think i'll just have to take a picture when ive finished it as I cannot describe it for love nor money its a ponchoey type thing that doesn't have a head hole and goes on like a cardigan

The wind has now died down a tiny bit and the sun has come back with force! 23 degrees the car was telling me today

Not long to go till the sneaky holibob (naughty bank card!) DD has been informing me of exactly what presents I will be buying her to console her in her grief of spending a week with her Gran (pfft, console my rear! she'll be spoilt like a madam!) whilst DS has gone into his usual MO of being as much of a pain as possible to try and upset us so we feel how aggrieved he is at being left out

In more exciting, potting news, DH went to the pub last night and came home with 5 x new shiny £1 coins and a large collection of silver shrapnel pot well fed today which is good because change has been rather sparse in the jakes-mum household of late
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) 0/£1000
    Total Wins Of 2012 = £3015.03 Wins Of 2013 = £4427.11 Wins of 2014 = £2361.97 Wins of 2015 = £1754.90 Wins of 2016 £267.98 Wins of 2017 £25
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 12th Jun 17, 8:13 AM
    • 15,363 Posts
    • 196,451 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Morning all
    Sue UU if I said gene Simmons and black and white theatrical make up rock band from 70s 80s onwards I'm sure you'd recall something about kiss even if you didn't actually know a song.
    My o/t has been slightly reduced but I kind of knew that would happen eventually, but I'll be putting a £600 cheque in the o/t bank account pot this afternoon which is good! Still putting some in my sealed pot but not keeping track of that do it will be a nice surprise when I open it.

Hope all are well. X
    grocery challenge November budget £400 spent £
    SPC~11 No100 : : X4 O/t fund so far
    read your books challenge-currently on Me before you
    xstitch challenge 63 Thumbelina
    17in 2017 challenge 3/17
    • Chutney86
    • By Chutney86 12th Jun 17, 6:21 PM
    • 250 Posts
    • 2,435 Thanks
    Chutney86
    £2 potted for me today
    SPC #23 - 2015 = £319.60 / 2016 = £315.50 / 2017 = £490.75
    MFW #93 - 2017 = £1942.84/£1900
    MFiT-T4 #28
    • 32b3in2013
    • By 32b3in2013 12th Jun 17, 9:35 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 18,117 Thanks
    32b3in2013
    Evening

There are quite often open days at the cemetery's and crematoriums near me Antomac. They are always really busy.

Well done on the potting everyone. We are more than half way through now

£5.68 potted fo me today.

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    • siju
    • By siju 13th Jun 17, 12:42 PM
    • 243 Posts
    • 2,765 Thanks
    siju
    Flying visit......£2.00 potted today
    SPC 11 - #192
    Totals: 2014 - £264.51 2015 - £207.50 2016 - £396.79 2017 - £369.49
    • 32b3in2013
    • By 32b3in2013 13th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 18,117 Thanks
    32b3in2013
    Evening

£3 potted today.

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    • jakes-mum
    • By jakes-mum 14th Jun 17, 1:19 PM
    • 4,358 Posts
    • 42,297 Thanks
    jakes-mum
    Good afternoon pottersssssssssssss

Well ive been out and bought myself and DH hats, earphones and sunglasses for the upcoming holibob paid a few bills and have a rather large amount of new £1 and £2 coins to go in the pot! Also found a 1p on the floor as we walked up the road

It is extremely hot outside today! so really not looking forward to turning the iron on to start the pre-holiday ironing surely its acceptable to be wrinkly when abroad?
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) 0/£1000
    Total Wins Of 2012 = £3015.03 Wins Of 2013 = £4427.11 Wins of 2014 = £2361.97 Wins of 2015 = £1754.90 Wins of 2016 £267.98 Wins of 2017 £25
    • Sue-UU
    • By Sue-UU 14th Jun 17, 5:22 PM
    • 8,602 Posts
    • 47,871 Thanks
    Sue-UU
    Still potting well everyone?! Keep it up!
    A bit on the late side I know, Potters, but...I hope you all had a brilliant weekend and enjoyed yourselves whatever you did! What incredible weather? Make the most of it while you're able.
    To all those of you unwell or who are poorly in any way, here's hoping you soon get well and here for you are some {{{{hugs}}}} to help xxxx

Hello there Antomac! I'm so pleased you're popping in more often now and hope you're able to keep it up. You're almost right with your thoughts, though I think I'd say I'm more determined than consistent. Hubby & I usually only go shopping once a week and always try our hardest to pot at best £15 per week, more if lucky! It hasn't always been like that believe me as we, like most couples, struggled a lot when our youngsters were growing up; even more when they both got married...then more again as all 5 grandchildren came on the scene!! Still, we muddled on through and survived and enjoyed it all very much!

I take it Mrs M & you are having some financial difficulties at present, if so, as I said the other week, budget just as much as you possibly can! If you stop and closely look at all your shopping you might just see for yourself that it is possible to cut down on costs by switching to cheaper brands. Sometimes they're even better!

Open days at Cemetaries and Crematoriums?!!!! Good Heavens above whatever next!!!!! No wonder the gardens visit beat that idea hands down!! You save what you can when you can Ant, and be proud of every single penny!!!

Sue, I think i'll just have to take a picture when ive finished it as I cannot describe it for love nor money its a ponchoey type thing that doesn't have a head hole and goes on like a cardigan
    Originally posted by jakes-mum

Ah don't worry about it, jakes-mum, I know exactly what you were talking about anyway, but by all means show us a pic when it's done as I'd love to see it.

Ahh..you can't blame your kids for their feelings or for trying in on; keep yakking on about Disneyland so their excitement builds and they'll be ok.

Your DH knows how to keep you sweet with bringing back cash from the pub, bless him!! Off to get on with the rest of my ironing now too...!

At least you worked hard while you had the chance of the OT, mrs-moneypenny, and it's still there for now! You've done darned well so far so hats off to you!!! Even with the info you added about "Kiss" I haven't a clue about it. I've led a very sheltered life ....obviously!

I should certainly hope you have put money in your Sealed Pot too, I'd expect nothing different from you!!

I'm ok thanks, looking forward to next Tuesday and having my splint taken off!!!
    Very well done and consistent Chutney!

There are quite often open days at the cemetery's and crematoriums near me Antomac. They are always really busy.

Well done on the potting everyone. We are more than half way through now

£5.68 potted fo me today.

32b3
    Originally posted by 32b3in2013

Great savings throughout, 32b3! You're right, we're over half way through our savings year already!!! I've honestly never heard of Open Days for Cemeteries or Cremtoriums! I'm positive they don't do them down this way. I guess it's helpful for folk if they have no understanding of what happens. On a personal note - I think I'll wait for the surprise when it comes!

Ok siju, thanks for flying through and a very quick "well done" on your potting!! I feel exhausted having so type as fast as you!

Enjoy a really good Thursday, folks. Any change? ...then pot it!!

Sue xx

2nd November is the opening date for 2017.

Anyone wishing to join us, it's NEVER too late, so please just ask, you'll be made very welcome.

• 32b3in2013
    • By 32b3in2013 14th Jun 17, 9:29 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 18,117 Thanks
    32b3in2013

Great savings throughout, 32b3! You're right, we're over half way through our savings year already!!! I've honestly never heard of Open Days for Cemeteries or Cremtoriums! I'm positive they don't do them down this way. I guess it's helpful for folk if they have no understanding of what happens. On a personal note - I think I'll wait for the surprise when it comes!
    Originally posted by Sue-UU
    haha, me too. I think they are more open days in the grounds, so people can look around and have a hotdog from a stall I suppose

£3.50odd potted today.

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    • Dragon Lily
    • By Dragon Lily 14th Jun 17, 9:49 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    Dragon Lily
    Hi Everyone

Been AWOL for a while but glad to see you're back Sue-UU Still steadily potting. Potted £3.00 this week so far and last month potted £30 pounds I made from my knitting.
    Star from Sue-UU

SPC10= £209
    SPC11 #105
    3-6 EF #66 Target £3000 (£1135) 38%
    • AntoMac
    • By AntoMac 14th Jun 17, 10:54 PM
    • 183 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    AntoMac
    Day off tomorrow and then working from home on Fri so that's 2 days worth of saved travel costs going in the pot.
    Interesting that Crematorium open days happy regularly in 32b3-land.
    I'm with Sue - I think it's really strange and had to read the sign again on the way back when we passed it again!
    Good luck having your splint taken off Sue. My Mum had a fall recently and had some nasty cuts and bruises so you have my sympathy. She's well on the mend now and said she felt so stupid falling over. I did remind her nobody does it deliberately and A&E is full of people every day who do similar. I've been there myself and it is frustrating but it's amazing how the human body heals.
    Keep up the good potting people. I'm off to wait and hide with all the lights switched off for the big cat that comes in through our supposedly micro-chipped catflap and eats my cat's food and wees on my daughter's beanbag. I've got a nice surprise big glass of water waiting for him!
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 46

27/5/17 Mort 64,705 Bal Tfrs 19,040
    17/9/17 Mort 62,577 Bal Tfrs 17,602
    • siju
    • By siju 15th Jun 17, 12:55 PM
    • 243 Posts
    • 2,765 Thanks
    siju
    I swear our cat invites other cats in Antomac - you'd think a great hairy labrador sleeping beside the cat flap would put them off - but no, the lure of our cat food is just too great. With feeding every cat in the village and keeping all the wild birds fed, it's a wonder we can afford to eat ourselves! I love it though

In potting news, I put £2.00 in the pot yesterday and I have £1.43 to pot today. Have a lovely weekend potters.
    SPC 11 - #192
    Totals: 2014 - £264.51 2015 - £207.50 2016 - £396.79 2017 - £369.49
    • CazzieLT
    • By CazzieLT 15th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 1,750 Thanks
    CazzieLT
    Hello, gorgeous potters!

Sorry I've been quiet (or you're welcome!) I am only just recovering from my charity walk this weekend. Would you believe it, 20 miles of pounding the streets and not a single penny of roadkill to be found! Sooooooooo not amused! But we did manage to raise lots of pennies for our local hospice, and I must thank again lovely 32b3 and Sue for your kind donations. From now on though, I plan to do a lot more sitting down! Since I discovered the wrong side of 30, everything seems to hurt!

I have been quietly potting away, although lovely new £1 coins and those ever-elusive £2 coins seem to be few and far between in my neighbourhood right now. But we live in hope! And I've tucked a few fivers away towards my hopeful total of £1,000 for the Emergency Fund. The pot is getting nicely heavy now!

Keep up the good potting all round, and take care of yourselves too xxx
    Flat Deposit Fund - £26,695/£30,000
    Emergency Fund - £450/£3,000
    SPC 10 (Number 138) - Target £1,000 for the Emergency Fund

SW Journey - 1st 7lb gone, 4st 7lb to go!
    • 32b3in2013
    • By 32b3in2013 15th Jun 17, 10:43 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 18,117 Thanks
    32b3in2013
    Evening

Well done on the ne on the walk Cazzie.

The open days usually cause traffic control problems Antomac, so they must be popular. I can't see the attraction myself, but loads of people must be able to

£4.60 potted today. Nearly the weekend

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    • Chutney86
    • By Chutney86 16th Jun 17, 1:46 PM
    • 250 Posts
    • 2,435 Thanks
    Chutney86
    £2 potted for me today
    SPC #23 - 2015 = £319.60 / 2016 = £315.50 / 2017 = £490.75
    MFW #93 - 2017 = £1942.84/£1900
    MFiT-T4 #28
    • Sue-UU
    • By Sue-UU 17th Jun 17, 2:59 PM
    • 8,602 Posts
    • 47,871 Thanks
    Sue-UU
    A great £20 post shopping amount all in the pot, including 5 x lovely new £1 coins! Well chuffed!

Sue xx

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin