Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 3rd Nov 16, 10:20 AM
    • 7,129Posts
    • 1,625Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Phone calls - scam
    • 3rd Nov 16, 10:20 AM
    Phone calls - scam 3rd Nov 16 at 10:20 AM
    We keep on getting scam calls from 00490273481563 - supposedly from TalkTalk re our internet service - the caller is an indian woman and it is starting to get annoying !
    3 already this morning alone ...
    I have reported the number to TalkTalk but can they block foreign calls ?
    What is the best way forward ?
Page 2
    • dprice1164
    • By dprice1164 10th Mar 17, 12:23 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    dprice1164
    Just had second scam phone call in two days from Asian male purporting to be from Talktalk.

He said our internet connection was showing problems on their servers and asked me to log onto my computer. Told him we didn't have a computer and he hung up
    • alexhardy
    • By alexhardy 18th Mar 17, 9:22 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    alexhardy
    Ignore the caller for a cheaper solution.The best way.
    • Mr.Generous
    • By Mr.Generous 18th Mar 17, 9:40 AM
    • 1,306 Posts
    • 1,803 Thanks
    Mr.Generous
    My latest one is to tell them that I only deal with scams that are put in writing rather than over the phone and ask them to write to me. I just repeat this a couple of times and then they hang up. Boiler room share buying scam is the latest one I am getting, someone has got hold of the list of Woolworths shareholders (I had a few dividend shares I never did anything with) and they are offering to buy your worthless shares. You just need to provide a few details ....
    • poppasmurf_bewdley
    • By poppasmurf_bewdley 18th Mar 17, 5:58 PM
    • 4,865 Posts
    • 5,014 Thanks
    poppasmurf_bewdley
    Make a recording on your smart phone of one of these and play it when they ring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QakcwQHzPoY
    There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O.S. Nock
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 18th Mar 17, 6:51 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Just bought a BT phone with Call Guardian to replace an old phone that was getting iffy.
    Had it about a month now. No calls from call centres have actually made the phone ring, although we have had a couple most days according to the log.
    So far only one problem with a "wanted" call getting through. That was down to the person calling though.
    So I reckon that's the best "fix" for the unwanted calls.
    • parking_question_chap
    • By parking_question_chap 18th Mar 17, 7:23 PM
    • 837 Posts
    • 484 Thanks
    parking_question_chap
    Make a recording on your smart phone of one of these and play it when they ring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QakcwQHzPoY
    Originally posted by poppasmurf_bewdley
    Haha, I think they would soon stop if op used number 2.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,400Posts Today

7,836Users online

Martin's Twitter