Climbing the Mountain

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Glad to hear you found a way out of your immediate problem anyway, even if it does sound like there is another one looming on the horizon hopefully you at least have time to work out a plan of attack for that.

Remember - baby steps, one thing at a time, one day at a time.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Thank you Maddiemay, I hope you are doing ok!

Not much has changed here, I'm still plodding along and not quite feeling right but better than before. I'm not walking much more than I was before but am going a bit quicker. I still have a bit of a cloud over my head, I think it's more down to money worries now than anything else. I managed to raise what I needed for my mistake through evilbay, some of what I sold were things that I need for the business and they will need to be replaced at some point in the near future but I didn't know what else to do and needs must, etc. I have no plan in place at the moment to raise the money to purchase the new items, my budgeting has gone by the wayside but as I don't have any money to spend, at least I'm not overspending if you know what I mean. Unfortunately without the things I sold it will be hard to get any more business, so I'm not sure if I will have to put things on hold for a bit. I've lost my momentum and not sure how to get it back, I am sure there is a way forward but I am not seeing it yet.

It seems like some familiar faces have dropped off of the diary section. I hope everyone is doing well xx

Hi Misty,

Glad you're feeling better.

Budgetting will come back, you just need to look after yourself first.

As for familiar faces dropping off, I agree, I think people are caught up with life in general and will be back.

As EH says, baby steps xx
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    We are still here and about Misty dont worry :-)
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Misty

It might feel like a set back having to sell the things you will need to replace but you are forgetting the point that you managed it and got through!! that is huge and not long ago seemed impossible so please give yourself a pat on the back!
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How goes it Misty?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support!

I'm still plodding along, not a lot has changed really. No more weight loss sadly, though I have been walking slightly longer and faster each day so am hoping the scale will move soon!

No plan on how to raise the money for new equipment yet, so the side business is on hold for now which is very depressing as it was just starting to bring in some money. I still haven't found my motivation but it must be around here somewhere...;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Lovely,

How are you today?

x
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tough when you hit that wall of everything feeling a bit "Meh" - suggestion - go back and read that first post of yours - the one with the list in it, and do some updating for how you're going to see if you can get that spark back again. Sometimes a nice monthly review of goals can help remind you what it's all about. :)
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Thanks both. I was feeling a bit more cheerful until I re-read my list and realised I haven't reached a single goal on it. :p

My list and also reading about pm02's upcoming move have reinforced the realisation that if I don't make things happen, they won't happen. It's so easy to let things slip away, especially when I'm not feeling 100%. I am feeling well enough to do most things though, but I have gotten into the habit of being lazy.

It's a warm sunny day, there is no reason to put anything off so I am going to make a little list of things I'd like to accomplish in the next few hours and then actually go and do them. :o
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Small steps hun.

The weather is gorgeous, wish I was at home rather than in the office. Enjoy the sunshine :D

Hope I don't bore you too much over the move.....xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport