Climbing the Mountain

Options

Comments

• Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    I know your feeling down at the minute misty but try to stay positive your doing really well with your weight loss nearly 12 pounds is awesome.

My advice re focus re your exercise goal set a goal of something you wish to achieve whether thats even just say in six months running a 5km run. From here tell everyone re your weight loss goal and maybe running goal this will make it much more likely to be achieved.

Re the feeling ill etc are you taking anything to boost you up ie Effervescent vit C tabs, or Echinacea, etc etc????
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Maddie you are a tonic! I hope you are feeling better, I've never heard of immuno replacement therapy. I am sure my immune system is worn out at the moment. The problem I have is that when I feel good, I forget that doing too much can set me back. I've had a good run this time and almost talked myself into believing that my health problems were gone, but it really shouldn't be such a surprise when I have a setback.

Thank you Scott, at the moment just getting back to walking 1/2 hr a day at a decent pace is my goal. I've been taking the effervescent vit c tabs and multi vits. I need to get more actual fresh fruit and veg in my body. Cooking properly can be a problem when I don't feel well, it's so much easier to shove something frozen in the oven.

I managed to get quite a bit accomplished over the last two days, so that has cheered me up a bit. I still have that 'marking time' feeling though, going through the motions and not really looking forward to anything. Like I'm on a never-ending cycle of merely plodding along. I know it will pass eventually but I just wish it would pass a bit quicker, I hate this feeling of stagnation...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Lovely,

Sorry you've been feeling under the weather and I hope you're on the mend now, the vitamins will certainly help.

Big hugs xx
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Frozen veg sounds like it could be your friend and saviour at the moment - just as good as fresh (sometimes better!) and easy to prep just by steaming or popping in a pan of boiling water.

Take your time, one step at a time. If you can't walk for 30 minutes, or even 20 minutes, then walk for 10 minutes - use a timer to set for 5 minutes, walk out at the best pace you can manage, when the timer goes off turn round and walk back. Then just increase the timings by a minute a day until you build back up to where you want to be at the moment. I tend to end up walking in 20 minute bursts on weekdays due to time constraints - and my pace is gradually increasing each week.

LOOK AFTER YOURSELF AND MAKE TIME FOR YOU!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Thank you both. Money is my biggest worry at the moment and when I'm worried I find it very hard to rest and relax.

I'm starting to get back towards normal. I'm doing what I can and trying to not let the mess and chaos get to me but I still feel that sense of loss and I'm not sure what it's about, it's as if someone very close to me has died. I'm taking gentle walks, being out in the sunshine and fresh air makes me feel better and makes the pup happy, too. I'll just keep plodding on and go a bit further or faster when I feel up to it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi,

Glad you're feeling a bit better, the sunshine does wonders. Still take it easy and don't do too much.

I sympathise re the money side of things xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aw hope you're feeling better MMT.

Sunshine defo helps.

Dxxx
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Thank you both! I am feeling ok now but that constant sad cloud over my head is annoying. It makes me want to hide from life but I know that will only make things worse so I am forcing myself to just get things done. I know avoiding work or housework is not the answer and would only lead to other problems.

I'm walking every day in the park but only for a short while. I also walk around the city to do my errands, I walk in and take the bus back to save on parking charges. Yesterday I walked for nearly two hours getting shopping and paying bills, I was completely knackered last night. :o
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Misty - as usual I'm running/plodding late:o take care, catch up with you soon:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Thank you Maddiemay, I hope you are doing ok!

Not much has changed here, I'm still plodding along and not quite feeling right but better than before. I'm not walking much more than I was before but am going a bit quicker. I still have a bit of a cloud over my head, I think it's more down to money worries now than anything else. I managed to raise what I needed for my mistake through evilbay, some of what I sold were things that I need for the business and they will need to be replaced at some point in the near future but I didn't know what else to do and needs must, etc. I have no plan in place at the moment to raise the money to purchase the new items, my budgeting has gone by the wayside but as I don't have any money to spend, at least I'm not overspending if you know what I mean. Unfortunately without the things I sold it will be hard to get any more business, so I'm not sure if I will have to put things on hold for a bit. I've lost my momentum and not sure how to get it back, I am sure there is a way forward but I am not seeing it yet.

It seems like some familiar faces have dropped off of the diary section. I hope everyone is doing well xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure