Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Nov 16, 5:24 PM
    • 51,754 Posts
    • 65,391 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 2nd Nov 16, 5:24 PM
    • 2nd Nov 16, 5:24 PM
    I've linked this in the NEWBIES thread so double-dip victims can be directed to it early on.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• hoohoo
    • By hoohoo 2nd Nov 16, 5:40 PM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 3,110 Thanks
    hoohoo
    • 2nd Nov 16, 5:40 PM
    • 2nd Nov 16, 5:40 PM
    The notomob have a list of 91 cases (at the time of writing) here
    http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=5768,0
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Nov 16, 6:31 PM
    • 51,754 Posts
    • 65,391 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 2nd Nov 16, 6:31 PM
    • 2nd Nov 16, 6:31 PM
    Ooh I'd forgotten about that thread, hoohoo. Good call to add it here.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Carthesis
    • By Carthesis 11th Nov 16, 10:04 AM
    • 523 Posts
    • 900 Thanks
    Carthesis
    • 11th Nov 16, 10:04 AM
    • 11th Nov 16, 10:04 AM
    Another one here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5555160

Someone with absolute, uncontrovertable evidence that they couldn't possibly have been in the car park for the period claimed. Appeal turned down.

As of writing this RK was deciding whether or not to proceed to POPLA - hopefully he will.
    • Carthesis
    • By Carthesis 2nd Dec 16, 1:34 PM
    • 523 Posts
    • 900 Thanks
    Carthesis
    • 2nd Dec 16, 1:34 PM
    • 2nd Dec 16, 1:34 PM
    This one isn't *strictly* a double-dip - it's a case where someone moved from a controlled area of car park to an uncontrolled area, and then back again:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5564389

(Aside: I recall reading about a case almost identical to this, where there was an area of car park that was not controlled on a local business park, and the case was thrown out by the judge because the signage that was up seemed to suggest it was not possible to access that uncontrolled area without falling foul of the controlled area. I *think* it was on PP's blog, and that the uncontrolled area related to a vets practice, but I can't seem to find it again. Anyone know of it?)
    • Annie021063
    • By Annie021063 13th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    • 2,509 Posts
    • 7,978 Thanks
    Annie021063
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    parking eye PCN
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    I have been sent a 'double dip' PCN through the post for £100 by Parkingeye. I was at the place attending a conference and didn't realise I had to let reception know my registration while I was attending a small conference in a hotel. The hotel won't back me because they say I didn't give my registration to them but I can prove I was there. Which letter should I use to appeal as the ones I've seen don't really fit with my situation. The fine was issued on the 7/7/17. Can anyone help?
    Many thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 12:52 PM
    • 51,754 Posts
    • 65,391 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:52 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:52 PM
    Was yours a double dip though - two visits shown as one?

Use the usual BPA template from the NEWBIES thread (blue writing version) to get a POPLA code. No need to overthink it but you can adapt it to suit, of course.

I would be complaining to the Hotel's Head Office about this, as they can CERTAINLY cancel this PCN with one email. Do that first, spend July going for the Hotel more, the appeal can be done any time within 28 days of the date of the PCN (FORGET THE 14 DAYS). Don't give the 'discount' a thought.

• DoaM
    • By DoaM 13th Jul 17, 12:54 PM
    • 3,579 Posts
    • 3,624 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:54 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:54 PM
    Can anyone help?
    Many thanks
    Originally posted by Annie021063
    Yes ...

1. Read the NEWBIES FAQ (again if necessary)
    2. Appeal using the Blue template wording (adjusted if necessary)
    3. Start your own new thread if you still need help - we work on the basis of one case/topic per thread here.

Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Annie021063
    • By Annie021063 13th Jul 17, 1:05 PM
    • 2,509 Posts
    • 7,978 Thanks
    Annie021063
    thank you both, I will take another closer look, advice and help is very much appreciated
    • ami86
    • By ami86 3rd Dec 17, 3:59 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ami86
    "PCN" in sainsubury's
    A company have issued a "parking charge notice" to my father (who was not driving at the time but is the registered keeper). The car made two visits to a sainsbury's car park in one day but they have sent the notice having only recorded the first entry and last exit and are alleging that this was an overstay. You are allowed to stay for 2 hours free anyway.
    They sent a ticket via post by obtaining my father's details from the DVLA (presumably).
    The shopping was paid for by a gift card and no receipts retained.
    I have complained to sainsbury via email and facebook. We will try to obtain a list of transactions made on the giftcard if this doesn't come to anything.
    I am trying to prepare for if it comes to appealing the PCN and have read the newbie and some other threads but feeling a little confused.
    -Do I still need to include the signage (first) paragraph from the blue template?
    -Can I still include something to clarify that the vehicle made two visits that day and I believe their ANPR is faulty?
    -In view of the fact they have already obtained details from the DVLA do I need to amend that third paragraph?
    -Can I ask them for a copy of their contract with the landowner to prove they are allowed to operate the car park? (I used this for a previous PCN from a private car park and they dropped the case).

Thanks in advance for any responses!
    • ami86
    • By ami86 3rd Dec 17, 4:15 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ami86
    Just realised I have my car on my CCTV parked in our driveway during some of the time when they say it is supposed to be in their carpark! If there is some way I can sue the !!!! out of them for wasting our time then please let me know. Thanks.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 3rd Dec 17, 4:34 PM
    • 1,164 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Appeal, providing stills showing this proof

Demand they cancel the charge and show how their system will be rectified to,avoid these double dip errors.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 3rd Dec 17, 6:03 PM
    • 6,467 Posts
    • 8,290 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Just realised I have my car on my CCTV parked in our driveway during some of the time when they say it is supposed to be in their carpark! If there is some way I can sue the !!!! out of them for wasting our time then please let me know. Thanks.
    Originally posted by ami86
    Interesting.

I would write to the CEO of sainsbury's with your CCTV
    proof

Mr Mike Coupe Chief Executive

Email mike.coupe@sainsburys.co.uk

You need to know why the parking company he employs
    are scamming people with fake ANPR data. Plus, how many
    of his customers are being scammed by the PPC

Remind him that this would be a data breach and as he is
    responsible for his agents, you will be looking at Sainsburys
    for compensation.
    Instruct him to cancel the charge and ask him what he
    will do regarding compensation which in court would range
    from £250 to £750 and maybe more.

Send a copy of your letter to the parking company.

Then, contact your local newspaper with the story to expose
    this and to warn others about faulty ANPR

No p*ssy footing around on this, make the CEO understand
    just how serious this is. Let him do the hard work

All this is far better than suing them and far quicker ... and cheaper

Let us know
    Last edited by beamerguy; 03-12-2017 at 6:18 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • ami86
    • By ami86 3rd Dec 17, 7:36 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ami86
    Thanks!

I had already emailed CEO before I realised I had the CCTV footage so will just have to wait for his reply now (or the reply from one of his minions). Have sent off an appeal email to the parking company so hopefully that will get cancelled and also going to see if I have time some time next week to go into the store as apparently the manager can get it cancelled too. Have taken photographs of the CCTV images on my TV as I don't know how to get the stills off there otherwise.
    Feeling a bit down as also posted message to CEO on sainsbury's facebook and some guy attacking me saying I'm making too much of a fuss by emailing CEO.
    The sad thing is that my dad would have actually paid this if I had been away on holiday or something. Don't know how many other vulnerable people out there would have done the same.
    Last edited by ami86; 03-12-2017 at 7:41 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Dec 17, 7:52 PM
    • 4,748 Posts
    • 3,091 Thanks
    KeithP
    Ami86, are you planning on starting your own thread?

It is going to get complicated if everyone who seeks help on double dip issues does so on this thread.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 3rd Dec 17, 7:58 PM
    • 6,467 Posts
    • 8,290 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Thanks!

I had already emailed CEO before I realised I had the CCTV footage so will just have to wait for his reply now (or the reply from one of his minions). Have sent off an appeal email to the parking company so hopefully that will get cancelled and also going to see if I have time some time next week to go into the store as apparently the manager can get it cancelled too. Have taken photographs of the CCTV images on my TV as I don't know how to get the stills off there otherwise.
    Feeling a bit down as also posted message to CEO on sainsbury's facebook and some guy attacking me saying I'm making too much of a fuss by emailing CEO.
    The sad thing is that my dad would have actually paid this if I had been away on holiday or something. Don't know how many other vulnerable people out there would have done the same.
    Originally posted by ami86
    Your CCTV will have come with software to load on
    your computer, you can print from that software or copy
    it to produce an MPEG movie file

As we know, facebook produces trolls and that troll
    probably works for Sainsburys

As said above to continue this you must start your
    own thread
    Last edited by beamerguy; 03-12-2017 at 8:24 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,188Posts Today

6,806Users online

Martin's Twitter