Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joe134
    • By joe134 1st Nov 16, 1:57 PM
    • 3,059Posts
    • 399Thanks
    joe134
    Amex shop small back
    • 1st Nov 16, 1:57 PM
    Amex shop small back 1st Nov 16 at 1:57 PM
    Hi Guys just had e mail from Amex, shop small is back from 3rd Dec to 18th, spend 10 get 5 back?
    I have saved to my main card, but cannot recall how to save to wife's, , both platinum?
    You used to register the cards before, but save to card now.
    Any advice welcome.
    Also,has anyone had e mail?
    Does mbna apply to this promo this time?
Page 1
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 1st Nov 16, 8:03 PM
    • 401 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    • 1st Nov 16, 8:03 PM
    • 1st Nov 16, 8:03 PM
    MBNA / Barclaycard / Lloyds link: https://offerenroll.americanexpress.com/enroll/EnrollmentSitePage?offer=99313ShopSmall

Don't Amex issued supplementary card users have an Amex login where they can save to card?

I used to have an Amex issued card and my partner's supplementary card was linked to her own login (she could only see her own transactions, nothing else).

Edit: Yes, they can create their own account:

"Yes Supplementary Cardmembers can participate in Shop Small. They simply need to create an Online Account (if they haven't already done so) and then register their Card for the offer. Please note that the offer is linked to the Card not to the Account, so every Supplementary Cardmember must follow these steps." https://www.amexshopsmall.co.uk/shop-small-for-shoppers/faqs/
    Last edited by stevenhp1987; 01-11-2016 at 8:05 PM. Reason: Supplementary Card Info
    • joe134
    • By joe134 2nd Nov 16, 6:27 AM
    • 3,059 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    joe134
    • 2nd Nov 16, 6:27 AM
    • 2nd Nov 16, 6:27 AM
    MBNA / Barclaycard / Lloyds link: https://offerenroll.americanexpress.com/enroll/EnrollmentSitePage?offer=99313ShopSmall

Don't Amex issued supplementary card users have an Amex login where they can save to card?

I used to have an Amex issued card and my partner's supplementary card was linked to her own login (she could only see her own transactions, nothing else).

"Yes Supplementary Cardmembers can participate in Shop Small. They simply need to create an Online Account (if they haven't already done so) and then register their Card for the offer. Please note that the offer is linked to the Card not to the Account, so every Supplementary Cardmember must follow these steps." https://www.amexshopsmall.co.uk/shop-small-for-shoppers/faqs/
    Originally posted by stevenhp1987
    Thanks Steven.
    I will have to set up online banking for OH? .
    In the past, there was no need as you could just register any amex card for Shopsmall, and supplementary ones too.Never use the Plats, ( except for this), always use Mbna, which only one card can be registered, as the card numbers are the same, unlike plats;.

Just registered MBNA, ok and received confirmation e-mail.

Trying to set up online a/c for wifes card,using your second link is proving difficult.
    as it says it is already registered when trying to register a new online A/c? obviously when I opened the A/c years ago.?but. I only did one online set up, in my name,it's a joint a/c.?
    So saving to her card is not possible via this, without finding a way to set up online for her somehow?.

Done wifes using your first enrolment link, ok,and had confirmation e-mail, same as the other two.
    See what happens when I come to use them. Had no problems in the past.
    where did you get the enrolment link from, for future reference?
    Cheers
    Last edited by joe134; 02-11-2016 at 8:38 AM.
    • Roger1
    • By Roger1 2nd Nov 16, 9:58 AM
    • 1,306 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    Roger1
    • 2nd Nov 16, 9:58 AM
    • 2nd Nov 16, 9:58 AM
    Here's another link to register:

https://www.amexshopsmall.co.uk/shop-small-for-shoppers/
    • joe134
    • By joe134 2nd Nov 16, 10:21 AM
    • 3,059 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    joe134
    • 2nd Nov 16, 10:21 AM
    • 2nd Nov 16, 10:21 AM
    Originally posted by Roger1
    thanks Roger, I used that to register my mbna.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 2nd Nov 16, 1:04 PM
    • 3,173 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 2nd Nov 16, 1:04 PM
    • 2nd Nov 16, 1:04 PM
    The problem is that Shop Small supports small local businesses and that's a good thing. But my problem is that I wouldn't buy from the local business which are supporting Shop Small. Perhaps only a bicycle shop but I don't really need anything for my bicycle.
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 2nd Nov 16, 1:23 PM
    • 2,021 Posts
    • 6,848 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    • 2nd Nov 16, 1:23 PM
    • 2nd Nov 16, 1:23 PM
    there are loads of restaurants and takeaways near me that are participating. last time I only managed to use for the paper bill but the list seems more varied this time
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 2nd Nov 16, 1:56 PM
    • 7,173 Posts
    • 8,834 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 2nd Nov 16, 1:56 PM
    • 2nd Nov 16, 1:56 PM
    Pubs, chippys, restaurants and even newsagents are all perfect for this.
    • FluroFrancis
    • By FluroFrancis 2nd Nov 16, 2:07 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    FluroFrancis
    • 2nd Nov 16, 2:07 PM
    • 2nd Nov 16, 2:07 PM

oh wow so this works with Barclaycard Amex cards then yeah?
    when it says one credit per business is that once per business per account or once per business per cardholder?
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 2nd Nov 16, 3:18 PM
    • 401 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    oh wow so this works with Barclaycard Amex cards then yeah?
    when it says one credit per business is that once per business per account or once per business per cardholder?
    Originally posted by FluroFrancis
    yes, it works with Barclaycard Amex (mine is registered).

It's once per business (as listed on the map) per card. If you have an additional cardholder (with different card number), both can be registered. Useful for restaurants as you can split the bill!

You can shop at an unlimited number of businesses.

We use it yearly to eat out for a few days at new restaurants in the area by doing this.
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 2nd Nov 16, 3:23 PM
    • 4,186 Posts
    • 2,877 Thanks
    pfpf
    not wanting to sound negative but is it only businesses on the map?
    there is literally nothing I could use this offer for if so.
    do businesses get added nearer the time?
    pfpf, the avatar previously seen as "the Monkey".
    • FluroFrancis
    • By FluroFrancis 2nd Nov 16, 3:30 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    FluroFrancis
    yes, it works with Barclaycard Amex (mine is registered).

It's once per business (as listed on the map) per card. If you have an additional cardholder (with different card number), both can be registered. Useful for restaurants as you can split the bill!

You can shop at an unlimited number of businesses.

We use it yearly to eat out for a few days at new restaurants in the area by doing this.
    that's absolutely awesome, there's a few businesses in my village i'll probably use it at and i'll remember that split the bill trick that could come in handy
    I take it this is a promotion they usually do once a year?
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 3rd Nov 16, 12:31 AM
    • 3,173 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Originally posted by pfpf
    Same as me, not a lot to choose from.

It's local businesses in your local area which are supporting the offer which are listed on the map.
    • Roger1
    • By Roger1 3rd Nov 16, 11:01 AM
    • 1,306 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    Roger1
    It's local businesses in your local area which are supporting the offer which are listed on the map.
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    That's right, if your computer allows your location.

For other areas, just insert the area or postcode in the Search box.
    • Roger1
    • By Roger1 3rd Nov 16, 11:05 AM
    • 1,306 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    Roger1
    There are some additions this year. One of them is my dentist, which raises two questions:
    1. Do I need dental treatment?
    2. Should I go to a dentist who takes AmEx and so is probably more expensive than others?
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 3rd Nov 16, 11:30 AM
    • 2,021 Posts
    • 6,848 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    Originally posted by pfpf
    there are 80 businesses on the map for me. I guess it depends on where you live and what you like to spend on
    • bubieyehyeh
    • By bubieyehyeh 3rd Nov 16, 6:32 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    bubieyehyeh
    There is a takeaway near me listed on the map, which has a big sign at the counter that says they don't take amex. I reported it last year, but still listed.
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 5th Nov 16, 3:14 PM
    • 1,077 Posts
    • 576 Thanks
    Archergirl
    Problem is not a lot of small businesses take Amex.............
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 5th Nov 16, 6:10 PM
    • 10,696 Posts
    • 6,987 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Originally posted by Archergirl
    .........I think that's the point of the promotion.
    • wolvoman
    • By wolvoman 16th Nov 16, 10:54 AM
    • 991 Posts
    • 1,086 Thanks
    wolvoman
    Originally posted by Archergirl
    There are hundreds, indeed thousands, of businesses on the map just in a small area near where I live.

Across the country there must be hundreds of thousands that take Amex.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,972Posts Today

8,588Users online

Martin's Twitter