Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • infernouk
    • By infernouk 31st Oct 16, 11:17 PM
    • 166Posts
    • 77Thanks
    infernouk
    PCM Ticket whilst parked outside a friends house visiting, do i pay?
    • 31st Oct 16, 11:17 PM
    PCM Ticket whilst parked outside a friends house visiting, do i pay? 31st Oct 16 at 11:17 PM
    Hey guys

I was at a friends house for an hour today parked outside their house at around 7pm, ive done this before, but this time i came out to find a PCM parking ticket for £60 on my window!

They claim its a permit only area 24/7 (theres no markings or bays etc its just a cul de sac street) and I didnt have a permit (Friend has one for me to use just we didnt think it mattered that late at night and with no bay or line markings)

There may have been signs around, it was 7pm and pitch black so I didnt see anything and have visited before with no issue so it cant be patrolled regularly.

I was wondering is this something to pay or fight? what are PCM like? we have permits for the house just it wasnt in the window and this isnt enforced frequently in the area, theres no other parking nearby either so i cant see how this is even unavoidable!

Thanks for the advice im a little annoyed and confused!
Page 15
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Aug 17, 8:05 PM
    • 51,787 Posts
    • 65,413 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done - a win is a win is a win!!

Hooray!!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• infernouk
    • By infernouk 17th Aug 17, 8:57 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    infernouk
    Well done - a win is a win is a win!!

Hooray!!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Thank you for your continued support throughout this thread! Much appreciated
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Aug 17, 9:09 PM
    • 15,927 Posts
    • 24,710 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Well done @infernouk. Are you likely to want to see Ms Philpot again in court? Are you considering a DPA breach claim?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • infernouk
    • By infernouk 17th Aug 17, 9:21 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    infernouk
    Well done @infernouk. Are you likely to want to see Ms Philpot again in court? Are you considering a DPA breach claim?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Iím not sure I can spare the time involved at this point, I start a new job next week and need all possible time! Also that judge wasnít seemingly please by me or my documents for whatever reason so Iím not sure Iíd want a round 2
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th Aug 17, 10:01 PM
    • 6,470 Posts
    • 8,296 Thanks
    beamerguy
    infernouk ... WELL DONE

You won, they lost that is the whole point.

Very very doubtful that "Ms what's her name" wins 90% of the
    time, just a bit of propaganda, if she was that smart she would have
    won today ..... instead she failed.

Seems like the judge was in a rush and probably knowing
    that the incompetent Gladstones was involved, a decision
    was made before you entered the court.

I would imagine that in future "Ms what's her name" will do her
    homework to save wasting even more of the courts time and maybe
    use a real solicitor who can give proper advice before bringing a claim

You have to read between the lines about the judge. he/she
    needs to go though the formalities and although he/she
    appeared to growl at you, it was probably because he/she
    had already made up their mind in your favour.

With regards to your friends, tell them to come here and let's repeat
    what happened today.

It is now time for PCM to reflect on their business model and
    indeed who they use to bring these claims to court which at
    the moment is without due care and attention

So, you won, please don't forget you now have a case for a
    DPA claim and if you proceed, it will no doubt throw
    "Ms what's her name" into what is called "a screaming orgasm"
    for all the wrong reasons
    Last edited by beamerguy; 17-08-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Aug 17, 2:47 PM
    • 51,787 Posts
    • 65,413 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Cheers i get what you mean, i just wanted to test my defence and prove them to be what they are, instead they knocked themselves out. Also concerned for my friends who didnt get to see if my defence would hold up and did see PCM get a critique on how to better bring their offence against them
    Originally posted by infernouk
    We know what you mean, but look at this one:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=112635&st=180&start=180

After a 10 page thread on pepipoo, with loads of preparation and advice, the OP called Dub Cat won against the hapless Mr Pickup, and said nothing at all:

''I literally was not given the opportunity to utter a single word''.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 18th Aug 17, 4:32 PM
    • 16,923 Posts
    • 21,046 Thanks
    Redx
    was a massive waste of resources on you guys part and mine, as he said if i hadnt turned up he wouldnt have been able to give them the win anyway.

All this aside, thanks for everything guys, im just sorry this is kind of hollow as it was a win on negligence of PCM and not anything I said or did...
    Originally posted by infernouk
    definitely not a waste of resources and well done , a win is deffo a win and costs them dear , their own negligence has cost them dear too

and as mentioned earlier, this thread can be used for the basis of other court claims, both the two mentioned above and dont forget the many others on here who can learn from this thread (or are you forgetting about other members with their own court cases ?)

this is how you, us and other members learn , a forum collates these details as references and the experinces tell others about the whole process plus the day in court

so you are not a learned member of the bar , or a solicitor , just a litigant in person , so what ?

you dont see a football player complaining when he scores a goal with a rebound off the back of his shin whilst he is looking the wrong way

they are not all spectacular like the rooney overhead kick

but they all count
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • susanatom
    • By susanatom 7th Dec 17, 2:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    susanatom
    Infernouk, what did you mean by this:
    " No-one says they ARE going to try a small claim and no-one here who is defending the odd rare one, has actually had to even attend a hearing (except UKPC and ParkingEye ones)."
    Is UKPC mor e likely to take people to court?
    I had a parking ticket with them, I thought I had paid and it turned out the money never left my account, now it has increased to £160, and have received a letter from Debt Recovery. I'm not sure what to do. I feel it is unfair to pay £160, but I'm concerned about ignoring the letters.
    Thank you!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Dec 17, 2:43 PM
    • 33,539 Posts
    • 17,432 Thanks
    Quentin
    Everyone is politely asked not to post until after reading the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum

Then if you have any questions you must start your own thread and not hijack someone else's like this
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

712Posts Today

4,519Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin