Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hotnuts21
    • By hotnuts21 29th Oct 16, 12:04 PM
    • 55Posts
    • 7Thanks
    hotnuts21
    Automated saving Plum or Chip?
    • 29th Oct 16, 12:04 PM
    Automated saving Plum or Chip? 29th Oct 16 at 12:04 PM
    Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the two automated saving apps that have appeared recently.

Plum https://withplum.com/
    Chip https://getchip.uk/

Plums FAQs seem to give a bit more info on security etc, but im always dubious giving access to my accounts for SASS products.

Thoughts/Experiences?
Page 2
    • alph
    • By alph 11th Mar 17, 12:24 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    alph
    So my experience to date has been very good so far,

I posted above in February and have been using the App now for a month.

I have had no issues with the App automatically saving cash for me. The App always saves the right amount, in that my bank account has not gone in to overdraft.

Its simple and easy to use.
    • The_Jakal
    • By The_Jakal 15th Mar 17, 2:59 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 2,896 Thanks
    The_Jakal
    I've been using Chip for a few weeks now. Found a deal for an instant 5% interest so didn't have to refer anyone.

I have started moving money over manually. They only thing I'm starting to get worried about is how protected my money really is.

I notice MSE has now posted about both Plum and Chip on the site and on their Facebook page so could this be taken as them being pretty safe?
    • Agraham1826
    • By Agraham1826 5th Apr 17, 11:40 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Agraham1826
    I picked plum because you don't need an app clogging up my phone you can always log in on the website it's simple and I think it's good for people who aren't great at organising it takes the hard part out of it.
    • picks
    • By picks 5th Apr 17, 5:57 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    picks
    True but Chip's up to 5% sounds interesting.
    Originally posted by iAMaLONDONER
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Do people seriously hand over their security details for their bank / savings accounts to bots? It sounds like bargepole territory to me and I wouldn't be so naive.
    • alph
    • By alph 10th Apr 17, 9:55 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    alph
    The Chip app now lets you use overdraft for savings.

seems to be a new feature.

May be useful for some people?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

935Posts Today

6,034Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin