Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 27th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    • 3,404Posts
    • 36,988Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes
    • 27th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes 27th Oct 16 at 9:11 AM
    Hello

I think that the time may be right to start a new diary. So much has changed since I started my 2nd diary, which can be found HERE and we're a whole lifetime away from my first diary, which can be found HERE

Whilst my first 2 diaries concentrated on living a simple life, concentrating on debt-avoidance for my (then) DP and I, we had a 'bit' of a tumultuous 2015, which meant that my DP became my DH and we 'Two' became 3, with the safe arrival of Baby Greying

Our focus has changed dramatically. Far from contemplating 'downsizing' (a bit of a misnomer in terms of our house, honestly, I've been in bigger 'flats'! ) and somehow achieving early retirement; we now have a future focus that needs us to be super fit and active for as long as we can be. Also, as older first time parents, we are both committed to try to be in Baby Greying's life for as long as possible, without being a burden. Because whilst being older does have some distinct advantages when applied to parenting, there is no denying there's a downside too..............

Also, the economic climate is changing once again. Blame it on whatever you like, but there is always some reason why prices of x, y or z rise. There is always a reason why, when you find a way to combat inflation; someone comes along and changes the rules of the game. A good example of this is our wood burner. When we had it installed, we had access to a goodly amount of free wood, we both had the time and energy to process it and we could live with parts of the house being cold. Forward 10 years; more people have stoves - and are all chasing that 'free' wood, 'purchased' logs are now very expensive around here and we've no time to stack nor chop wood. It's become easier, and 'as expensive' to flick the on switch for the central heating....... a cleaner in-house option, that can keep the whole house a manageable temperature and Baby Greying at a safe and comfortable temperature.

Now it does matter if our hair-brained money saving wheezes make our teeth fall out or our toes freeze orf, because it impacts on our ability to look after Baby Greying in the now and in the future. Our health and well-being is a priority - but still not at any price. We want to have it all,;but with only a modest budget available, we're gonna have to get creative. I rarely shop in the 'big 4' supermercados. We purchase some things from mrL, some from mrAl. A smattering from mrW, mrT and m&$ (bananas mostly), with h0me bargins and h3ron f00ds being the sources of our regular shopping. We also have access to a food co-operative and I occasionally get to go to the next city along to get bulk purchases of pulses and spices.

Our focus now (that we've got over the shock of Baby Greying ) is to move on from Greying Towers. The long and short of it boils down to it not being the right environment for us to bring up a child here. There are nicer places. We need to find them. So a move is on the cards. However, some renovation of the towers is necessary, and whilst funding has always been an issue; now we have the added upheaval of trying to do work around a baby. Not impossible, but not ideal. It's also still proving impossible to find reliable tradespeople. We're looking for a plumber, again

The one thing that I've come to recognise with age is that there is always 'good stuff' in every life. Even when you're really going through the mill. There are good people, who say or do good things to help you. There are the wonders of nature to take in at every turn. There is humour everywhere, even if you have to look under a few rocks to find it. It is important to be thankful, even on the dark days. And I try to do that - and find writing it down, in my online diary a good exercise in stopping. And thinking.

We like food at Greying Towers. I write about it alot. I take pictures of me tea. We're vegetarian (at present) and so vegetables feature. Alot. When it's gifted HG produce, it's even better

So, do you fancy climbing aboard for the new adventure. Taking some time out to Fall apart in my backyard with Me, DH and BG?

Greying X
    Last edited by Greying Pilgrim; 29-10-2016 at 8:24 AM.
    'Ich habe genug'

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
Page 39
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Mar 17, 6:16 PM
    • 45,908 Posts
    • 161,411 Thanks
    beanielou
    Food looks just lush
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 12th Mar 17, 7:52 AM
    • 3,823 Posts
    • 19,779 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Hi GP

I know I don't post much but I love looking at your photos so I have been racking my brains about how you can still post photos....

In the past I have used PB but having checked a parking forum I use who ask people to upload photos all the time I see they recommend TinyPic or ImageShack and not PB.

Could you give one of those a go?

Here is a link to their instructions on posting photos/images just in case you need it)
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 1 for April
    NSD - 11/16
    (up to 21/4/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 12th Mar 17, 10:24 PM
    • 3,404 Posts
    • 36,988 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Thanks EE - I will have a ganders and a thunk. Another one that was mentioned on a thread that was moaning about pbucket slowness was 1mgur, so I'll have a ganders at that too.

We went out for a jolly little trip today. Purposely for a short walk, just in case BG was out of sorts, but in a different part of the county - actually, we may just have slipped over a border, but we didn't have to show passports, so........ - and somewhere we had not been to before. We heard plenty of blissful birdsong, we saw plenty of buzzards, and one sitting quietly in the top of a tree - isn't amazing how they just take off and glide silently away..... We also heard a woodpecker, second time this year We then went to a country park to eat our snap. The world and his wife and their dogs were there, and we didn't make it out of the car - little bit reluctant with so many unleashed dogs - so won't rush back there again, but had we known the area better, we could have parked in a much quieter spot a bit further along. You live and learn.

Picked up a few bits and pieces from mrAl on the way back. I thought that the cauliflowers looked a reasonable size for 45p (not our local mrAl) and I bought a pack of the leeks for 45p, which I thought was a reasonable price indeed. i rarely shop in mrAl myself, DH usually gets tasked with picking up bits and pieces. I have to say, I did think it had gone a bit pricey. I accept it may just be perception on my part, but several things, did seem to be a similar price to that which you would pay in the 'big 4'. I bought some of their 'wholenut' peanut butter for £1.29. Mmmmmm, it still has palm oil in it, and I'm not overly struck on it. Probably something that I wouldn't bother with again.

Baby Greying and DH retired to the land of nod on our return home, so I got the food processor out (not a noise that BG particularly cares for) and made some falafel mix and some hummus with some chickpeas that I had cooked and frozen. The falafel will be used in a buddha bowl, later in the week. The hummus will be scoffed on an ad-hoc basis!

Tea this evening was fish fingers, chips and mushy peas with HM tartare sauce and tommy katsup The fish fingers were £3.75 for 60 from h3ron, and were cod. We happily eat pollock fish fingers, but at just over 6p each, these were actually cheaper than the pollock version.

I came on to say - before I waffled off in a different direction - that I realise that I have failed D.I.S.M.A.L.L.Y at my 12 week challenge. I got thwarted by stupid things, like an inability to buy curtains off a website, lost track of weight gain/loss because our stupid 'posh' branded (waitwotchas) scales 'eats' button batteries, and then BG got poorly, so my this week my attention has not been on anything else but them. I'm not proud and I feel I've failed. But what I will do is stop, review and have a look at challenging myself to do a couple of things, well, and in a short time frame. If I achieve them, then I'll look at perhaps being a bit more ambitious again. I do underestimate (constantly) how much caring for a baby thwarts my ability to accomplish things though. And I didn't get the version of baby that sleeps peacefully for several hours, consistently, in the day, day in day out, week in week out So I'm limited in what I can do, and where I can do it, unfortunately.

Right, time I was off to Bedfordshire.

I'm grateful for many things today, but; sunshine, talking things through and mother nature are probably the front runners.

Ta for popping by. Appreciated. Greatly.

Greying X
    'Ich habe genug'

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 13th Mar 17, 7:08 AM
    • 3,404 Posts
    • 36,988 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Morning

And what a cracker it promises to be.

Saw a lovely view of the full moon from the bedroom a couple of hours ago. It was behind thin cloud, so looked glowing and yet in soft focus - or do I need to get my eyes tested? (Yes, I do, but the moon was definitely behind cloud too!). I was serenaded by a blackbird, whilst I was stood there, holding Baby Greying - does life get any richer?

A few chores on the horizon today and I'm going to try to make up the falafels from the mix if BG is in compliant mood - they are so far

Tea this evening will be a leek and mushroom pie, with assorted veg. The pastry is some of the ready roll puff pastry, 3 for £1 from H3ron that I've had in the freezer since before chrimbo. The leeks are mrAl S6 and the mushrooms were from there too - produce of the UK, the 'essentials' box, which proudly boasts that it 'now includes wonky mushrooms'. Given that they are on a par with mrA smartieprice mushrooms, pricewise (21.2p per 100g versus mrA 21.5p per 100g), I'm not getting the brag.........

Right, best get shifting. We're coffeed and breakfasted, so no excuses!

Greying X
    'Ich habe genug'

• Moneywhizz
    • By Moneywhizz 13th Mar 17, 8:24 AM
    • 115 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Moneywhizz
    Not sure if you shop at Tesco but they are selling meridian peanut butter for £1 until the 15th March. It is pure peanut butter with nothing added and is very tasty! I'm going to stock up today.
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 13th Mar 17, 11:26 AM
    • 7,094 Posts
    • 37,751 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    I'm ignoring all references to peanut butter on the grounds that it is a temptation I simply don't need!

Extremely glad to hear that BG is on the road back to full boingeyness - good news indeed.

Two things while I think, off the back of your over-the-weekend posts.

Take a look at 7DayShop for button batteries at an extremely good price - or at least they used to be.
    Flickr might be worth trying for photo hosting. There is the option to make it entirely private, rather like PB, and I believe you can also post directly into forums etc. Beware of imageshack - on a forum I'm involved with our header pic was hosted there - after a set time it expires and you have to sign up to a full account to retrieve things, seemingly.
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 £1229.00/£276.01
    • Verbatim
    • By Verbatim 13th Mar 17, 12:14 PM
    • 4,398 Posts
    • 12,358 Thanks
    Verbatim
    Sounds like a lovely weekend despite the dogs GO.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
    • Verbatim
    • By Verbatim 13th Mar 17, 12:15 PM
    • 4,398 Posts
    • 12,358 Thanks
    Verbatim
    Whoops! That was supposed to be GP.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 13th Mar 17, 5:46 PM
    • 5,736 Posts
    • 41,888 Thanks
    apple muncher
    I also had a non-sleeping baby - was lucky to get 25-45 mins maybe twice a day. Then, when you get some rest and sleep, you make ambitious over-reaching plans. I still do that now!

You have not failed at all! It's the last week of my 12-week plan and some aspects score a big fat zero. However, I think that my most successful area has been the well-being one as week by week I have tried to look after my mental health. Time for me to cook up another 12-weeker, and given that I am not rested and refreshed, then it may be realistic.
    NST April #10; NSD 12; Ex 14; craft 66; remove 135
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £1720/£4000; 2
    017 sell 30

Mortgage £27,295 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 13th Mar 17, 10:59 PM
    • 4,200 Posts
    • 23,388 Thanks
    in need of direction
    My first one slept up to 18 hours a day even at age two. In his 30s, he has reverted to that. Imagine my shock when baby no 2 would only do 6 hours at a time at night. Imagine my GPs shock when I raised this as an issue at her 3 month check up.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £85,739.60 Current target pay £26,805.30 by 31.12.2016. payments made 21274.14 plus 6737.54 in interest earning account
    total £28,011.68
    Emergency fund £5.5k & £200 cash.
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 14th Mar 17, 2:38 AM
    • 4,468 Posts
    • 42,414 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    Just a quickie, GP, my Her0n had 500g JusRol puff pastry blocks at 3 for a quid. Gluten free ones too. I'm going to freeze mine, once I've played freezer Tetris.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 14th Mar 17, 12:18 PM
    • 3,404 Posts
    • 36,988 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Afternoon

I'll respond better, later, but I'm just nipping on quickly, whilst whisper it I have a sleeping baby

I have uploaded last night's tea pic to PB - it didn't take all day I'm not convinced I'll stay with them in the LT, and will investigate other providers, but for now...... Tea didn't go to plan, as I wasn't fully concentrating when I made the white sauce - it didn't thicken enough and I made too much, so any pie filling was out of contention, as I would have had a soggy bottom and a sticky bottom .... of my oven, as it would have oozed everywhere! So, necessity is the mother of invention and so we had 'stroganoff-style' mushroom and leek with rice and brocolli. Picture here;

i'll make 'sausage' rolls with the pastry. I did break open the new basmati rice, as I couldn't face sticky rice with a 'cream' sauce, but I will use the last of the basiks rice - there is about 100g left. I'll just not buy it again. The 'cream' sauce wasn't actually anything more than a white sauce with a bit of 'S0merset Supreme' cheese grated in. The cheese was from m&$, YS'd from £3 to £1.20 for 300g. I'd not had it before, and thought it worth a punt. However, it isn't a cheese for me - but it'll be ok cooked. Cheese lovers, will appreciate if I say that although it was a cheddar (v mature) it had the 'finish' of something like blacksticks bloo, g0rgonzola..... that sort of cheese. I'm not a fan of the blue veined cheeses - Yes, I realise that I am odd - but if you like those sort of cheeses, you'll like SS. I will use it up though, and I've grated it, so that it can be frozen if we don't use it up quickly enough in food this week.

Baby Greying had two brief snoozes yesterday, (they are having a proper sleep today!) and I managed to get some paperwork sorted and made a start on making the falafels, so all in all success. Thank you for your kind, supportive words apple muncher - they made me reflect about yesterday, and to recognise that I did actually achieve somethings - I made a phone call too, whilst BG was playing quietly, so it's important to note (if only to myself) that I can do things, when the opportunity arises.

See y'all later. Thanks for your support and for popping in, know that you are appreciated. GREATLY.

Greying X
    'Ich habe genug'

• rtandon27
    • By rtandon27 14th Mar 17, 6:38 PM
    • 1,881 Posts
    • 11,250 Thanks
    rtandon27
    Popped on to report back on collards & found talk of the cheese variety!

Oh happy days!!! (OH says I'm easily pleased - is that the same as low maintenance??? )

Will keep the SS in mind next time we are near a cheesemonger - few and far between but it does happen on the rare occasion...

In fact this past weekend we were in parts up northish and stopped in a town famous for pies and stilton! Besides pies, we perused a lovely cheeseshop with 150 kinds & gave in to four small wedges of the unusual type... stilton with mango and ginger, aged cheddar with chives, aged leicester but not of the processed variety and a lovely cheddar with walnuts! OH proudly announced last night that he'd not touched it while I was away at work!
    Mine/Hers: May 2011£10835.33May 2016£4709.46Oct 2016£0
    Not Mine/His: June 2016£8175.38Oct 2016£0
    Grand Total£0
    PSST - WE ARE DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 15th Mar 17, 8:19 AM
    • 3,404 Posts
    • 36,988 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Morning

I thought the days of p00-nami were over...... apparently not The nappy couldn't contain it, and when the sleep suit was opened up, it was apparent that that couldn't contain it either, which was actually very funny So, straight in the bath............

Baby Greying is now, er, sleeping like a baby.......

Tea last night was late and it was (thankfully) just soup and a toasted cheese sandwich. No pic, as the bowl is green and so was the soup. I used the last 2 mrAl S6 leeks and the last, but 1 (small one) wilja potato, so at least it was thrifty.

Tea this evening will (hopefully) be a recipe that I have seen in a cookbook I have out from the library. I'm pretty sure it was EH that mentioned potato gnocchi a while back, and I was going to get some from mrAl. Anyway, I was in mrA last week and I saw that they had theirs (ambient product) on offer at 2 for £1, which beat the mrAl price (not sure about quality - as I've tried neither), so I picked some up. I also bought some YS'd asparagus yesterday, from m&$ for 70p instead of....... £2(?), and yes, before you shout at me, it is produce of Mexico - and why did I buy it? Well, I'm trying out a recipe, and I don't want to waste SUPERB British asparagus on something that may not be cooked again, so I'll try it with the imported stuff, if it's a goer, then you can bet it will be on the planner when our own asparagus season (not long to wait now ) is in full swing

I also picked up some YS'd washed tatties yesterday, £1.10 for 5kg in total. I've not heard of the variety before - lanorma, I think they are (?). I've not high hopes taste wise, but they are on a par with the bagged dirty wiljas, pricewise. Funnily enough, we passed the farm supply store that sold the wiljas on Sunday, and DH asked should we get some. I declined, because the tatties we had were already starting to sprout, so these - even if stored in a cold store - would sprout mightily in our shed at home, so it wouldn't be £5 well spent.

I also forgot to mention, that I spoke to a member of staff in m&$ about a product that they are charging more for at the till than the SEL displays. They sorted it out for me that I only got charged the SEL price, and that I received a refund for being previously overcharged when I bought the product a couple of weeks ago. Credit where credit is due - I moan about m&$, but in this instance, they did the right thing. I'm not interested in *com.pen.say.shun*, I'm just interested in not being out of pocket, and m&$ made this so.

moneywhizz - thanks for the tip about peanut butter - a good price for that brand, but I think we'll just finish up this jar and lay off peanut butter for a while - not that we have it often - as this product is not a good advert for PB. I hope the tip helps someone else though

mcculloch - I saw that pastry. I've still got 2 ready rolled and 2 (?) blocks in my freezer though, so I'll not get some this time. Thanks for sharing the tip though.

Right, my coffee is finished, I best get started on some chores.

Ta for popping in, and supporting me. Appreciated. Greatly. Thank you.

Greying X
    'Ich habe genug'

• EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 15th Mar 17, 10:26 AM
    • 7,094 Posts
    • 37,751 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    That's definitely a good price for the gnocchi Greying - I'll not be buying any for a while now I don't think as *fingers crossed* kitchen destruction is imminent...I also have an allergy to A5da so avoid it like the plague wherever possible! (In fairness that MIGHT just be our local one - I'm sure there are some lovely stores scattered around the country, entirely free of pyjama clad, open-mouthed-gum-chewing, f;'ing and blinding individuals...

I have a wonderful picture in my mind of you holding BG over the bath and "hosing" them down... Poo-nami indeed!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    • Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 15th Mar 17, 9:29 PM
    • 3,404 Posts
    • 36,988 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Evening

Ha ha EH - i feel your pain, but thankfully our mrA, isn't too bad....... But I only go there occasionally now. It is the only stockist in Greying Town - well, in walking distance anyway, that stocks an item for BG and so I have to go there. And whilst I am in the store, I tend to have a mooch, to see if there are any bargains, or nice things. I do like ditali pasta, and they stock that for £1 per 500g, and I'm pretty sure that they are selling green speckled lentils for 75p a 500g bag, which is 4p cheaper than HB (do check me), which otherwise would be the cheapest source that I know of for them - I bought a bag, anyway. So whilst it will never be my supermercado of choice, it does have some items at reasonable prices. Although they had YS'd a load of bananas down to 20p, and I have no clue who would have bought them for zero pence, let alone 20p, as they were black, squashed and mushy in the bag -I have no idea what you'd use them for......

I hope that the sunshine and fine weather extended over your bit of the universe today, like it did ours

BG got sluiced down with a bucket (ex-greek yoghurt pot ) first and foremost, and then bathed nicely, with hair washing, plastic duck and splish-splash time They have been fine and dandy for the rest of the day, so I am hopeful that that was a 'one-off'

Tea was based on a recipe that I saw in Harry Eastwood's 'a salad for all seasons' cookbook. The recipe was for Asparagus, Gnocchetti and Prosciutto with a lemon creme fraiche dressing. As ever, I adapted to what I had - and used regular sized gnocchi. I didn't make the dressing as per - I just made up a lemon, dijon and garlic dressing with EVOO in it. I chopped the parsley finely and then tossed the whole lot together. I topped it with shavings of some parmesan style cheese, that I got from h3ron, for 89p at the end of January. I only bought 1 pack, as I was all out of cash. It's nice stuff, wish I'd been able to buy more now. Picture here (PB slow again tonight - just about tolerable);

The asparagus did actually taste of asparagus (I grilled it in the frying pan), but it was definitely missing *something* of the asparagus that we enjoy in season, which is grown locally. But it was acceptable for 70p - I wouldn't have paid more. A nice dish though, a keeper of a recipe and one I hope to replicate in a month or two's time The gnocchi that I got from mrA was Il Pastaio brand and I liked it, and would definitely buy it again.

I snagged 2 YS'd aubergines in m&$ 35p each I suspect they will be guests of honour in curry at the weekend

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

DH, plentiful warm water and a bucket! - how rich my life

Ta for popping in, reading and joining in the conversation. Appreciated.

Greying X
    Last edited by Greying Pilgrim; 15-03-2017 at 9:32 PM.
    'Ich habe genug'

• Greying Pilgrim
    • By Greying Pilgrim 16th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    • 3,404 Posts
    • 36,988 Thanks
    Greying Pilgrim
    Good Morning

Gosh, Thursday again, how did that happen?

I've got to do something today that I really don't want to do, but I've got to take the bull by the horns. A positive outcome will either depend on a high level of goodwill from a retailer, or me dropping a shed-load more money

An electrical circuit has also gone kaput. We can (safely) work around it temporarily, but have asked the electrician whether we can get a new fuse (singular), or whether we'll be looking at the installation of a new consumer unit. I'm not going to cut corners with electrical safety, but my goodness, if it's not car repairs, its house maintenance, you never get the time nor spare cash to do the 'doing up' bit.......never mind the spare time, nor pair of hands to look after baby.......

Tea this evening will be...... dunno. We didn't have our 'with rice' last night, as the asparagus needed using (it probably would have lasted until today, but it was still nice and 'fresh' yesterday. I'll cobble summat together I expect. PB sarnie, mebbe?

Right, boingy BG is bored, and letting me know, so I had better vamoose.

Ta for popping in.

Greying X
    'Ich habe genug'

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th Mar 17, 10:36 AM
    • 45,908 Posts
    • 161,411 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope all goes well.
    Positive vibes your way
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 16th Mar 17, 10:42 AM
    • 7,094 Posts
    • 37,751 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Aargh yes I'm currently waiting for a price for electrical work myself - and suspect I'll need to be seated when it arrives! Good luck with that one!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 16th Mar 17, 12:26 PM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 7,426 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    Have you tried the gnocchi pan fried or roasted? Know it was Nigella who introduced the idea to me but an italian friend says it is quite well known and does it to use them up when they are no longer super-fresh. I like them served with baked mushrooms.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

200Posts Today

1,204Users online

Martin's Twitter