Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dirty_magic
    • By dirty_magic 23rd Oct 16, 6:39 PM
    • 1,079Posts
    • 1,850Thanks
    dirty_magic
    What's your favourite season?
    • 23rd Oct 16, 6:39 PM
    What's your favourite season? 23rd Oct 16 at 6:39 PM
    I was thinking earlier how pretty autumn is, especially when it's sunny like today. I love how gold the sun is when it's low in the sky and it shines through the autumn leaves.

I love living in a country with proper seasons, it's feels like there's always something different to look at. I think spring is my favourite, watching everything wake up after winter. The first warm sunny day always cheers me up.

Winter is my least favourite because I hate going to work and coming home in the dark and I don't like being cold, but even that has its plus points with all the Christmas markets and the Christmas food.
Page 2
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 24th Oct 16, 7:50 PM
    • 7,174 Posts
    • 15,465 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    Autumn for me - am I too old to say how much I love tramping through the crisp, golden leaves?
    • barbiedoll
    • By barbiedoll 24th Oct 16, 8:20 PM
    • 4,751 Posts
    • 13,015 Thanks
    barbiedoll
    Early to mid spring and early summer for me (May-July)

I love seeing the flowers come out and suddenly noticing that the trees all have loads of leaves. The birds seem to sing all day long and the very air is full of promise. Long days, mild nights, and the prospect of getting rid of the coats, jumpers and cardigans.

I always find late summer/early autumn really sad. The flowers and trees are starting to look droopy and faded, the shops are getting their winter clothes on the racks and worse of all....the Christmas cards/chocs/decorations start to make an appearance!

I know everyone raves about autumn walks and bright winter days and I agree that they are indeed lovely. But here in the South-East, the autumn, winter and early spring just seem to blend into one long grey, damp and dreary season.
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
    • TarantulaLady
    • By TarantulaLady 25th Oct 16, 7:52 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    TarantulaLady
    Autumn for me. I love all the colours in the trees and the nip in the air when I take my dog for his early morning walk.
    Spring is my second favourite. See the new buds appearing on the trees and the spring flowers popping out of the ground.
    DFD 2020
    Morgage Free Date 2022
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 25th Oct 16, 8:56 AM
    • 22,075 Posts
    • 56,537 Thanks
    pollypenny
    To add to my other thought: I do like autumn days like today. It's sunny, the leaves look gorgeous, whether still on the tress or lying on the ground.

There's still a good cover, as we haven't had much wind here.

What I hate are these damp days, when I look out of the kitchen window to heavy mist over the town and grey clouds sit still. These harbingers of winter are horrible.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • colinw
    • By colinw 31st Oct 16, 8:56 AM
    • 49,603 Posts
    • 135,733 Thanks
    colinw
    Well it was Autumn this morning. I was waiting for the bus stuck under a massive tree dropping it's bright yellow leaves like confetti...was really magic......
    • Mandelbrot
    • By Mandelbrot 31st Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    • 8,641 Posts
    • 18,698 Thanks
    Mandelbrot
    What's your favourite season?
    Season 2.

The characters had bedded themselves in by that stage, and the script writers hadn't run out of interesting ideas.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 19th Jan 17, 4:06 PM
    • 49,603 Posts
    • 135,733 Thanks
    colinw
    Spring I think!!!! when we get rid of all of the Winter gloom
    • hunters
    • By hunters 19th Jan 17, 5:15 PM
    • 578 Posts
    • 1,686 Thanks
    hunters
    May, as it's holiday time
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 19th Jan 17, 6:07 PM
    • 12,537 Posts
    • 16,733 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Summer. It's warmer and my workload is lighter than the rest of the year.
    Advice; it rhymes with mice. Advise; it rhymes with wise.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 19th Jan 17, 6:25 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    SUMMER!!!!
    • Alexd52
    • By Alexd52 19th Jan 17, 9:10 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    Alexd52
    I like all seasons, each one has its own characteristics. Crisp days in winter, lovely for walking, vivid greens of new vegetation in spring, holidays in summer and colours of autumn.
    • mattytun
    • By mattytun 23rd Jan 17, 6:38 PM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 228,747 Thanks
    mattytun
    Spring/summer.
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd
    • Brightonsbest
    • By Brightonsbest 23rd Jan 17, 7:06 PM
    • 234 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    Brightonsbest
    Summer. It's warmer and my workload is lighter than the rest of the year.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    Agree 101%, fact!
    • koexelek
    • By koexelek 23rd Jan 17, 7:06 PM
    • 7,600 Posts
    • 16,108 Thanks
    koexelek
    Frankie Valli
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Rainbowgirl84
    • By Rainbowgirl84 23rd Jan 17, 8:19 PM
    • 473 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Rainbowgirl84
    Smoked paprika.
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 23rd Jan 17, 11:27 PM
    • 22,775 Posts
    • 87,609 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Autumn for me. It's the colours, the scents, the quality of the sunlight and being able to wear jumpers and hats without needing a heavy coat.

Next best is Spring, from the first warmth of sun on your face after winter, to the fresh green shoots and delicately scented wildflowers, primroses, cowbells, bluebells, wood anemones, catkins, birdsong and new bees out searching for food to support the colony.

Winter is icky because it's damp and foggy and cold and wet and dark. The only consolations are open fires in ancient pubs, sloe gin and the brief moments at sunrise where it's just me and the wild birds.

But summer. Ugh. Summer. Sweaty, burning ball of pain in the sky. It's not worth experiencing unless you're on the moors and as far away from other people as possible. Then it's nice to listen to insects, birds and the breeze. And if you find a pool where Banded Demoiselles are in full flight, it's the most magical place you could imagine. Once that's finished (usually within about twenty minutes on the moors), you can keep summer.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • colinw
    • By colinw 19th Mar 17, 2:39 PM
    • 49,603 Posts
    • 135,733 Thanks
    colinw
    I am loving the fact Spring is starting to show it's face. Lots of blossom in the garden and saw the first bee in the garden today.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 19th Mar 17, 3:35 PM
    • 10,040 Posts
    • 24,703 Thanks
    suki1964
    It's looking very peculiar as most of the trees haven't started to bud leaves yet and then there's some that are in full blossom
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,159Posts Today

8,509Users online

Martin's Twitter