Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • miserable_ol_so_n_so
    • By miserable_ol_so_n_so 23rd Oct 16, 3:44 PM
    • 458Posts
    • 99Thanks
    miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Compensating attorneys (as in power of attorney)
    • 23rd Oct 16, 3:44 PM
    Compensating attorneys (as in power of attorney) 23rd Oct 16 at 3:44 PM
    I am making a lasting power of attorney, appointing each and every one of my sons and daughters as attorneys. In case the LPA is ever used, I want to ensure that each one of them is suitably compensated for performing this duty. I want to enter this wish of mine in the section of must do for attorneys. Is this arrangement permissible. Any one of my attorneys would have to take time off from work, travel from overseas, etc) and I want to make sure they do not lose out in any way . I sure don't want any one to start an investigation, start meddling in and waste their time. Time is what none of them have. Of course none of this may happen and I could pass away in my sleep!
    ....Illegitimi non carborundum

...don't let the illegitimate ones grind you down....
Page 2
    • Ames
    • By Ames 24th Oct 16, 7:40 PM
    • 16,351 Posts
    • 28,640 Thanks
    Ames
    Surely paying until there's at least one year's funds left means that the payment can never be made? Do you mean until there's no more than one year's funds left?
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.

Reading the alphabet in 2017. 21/100
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    • miserable_ol_so_n_so
    • By miserable_ol_so_n_so 29th Oct 16, 4:31 PM
    • 458 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Surely paying until there's at least one year's funds left means that the payment can never be made? Do you mean until there's no more than one year's funds left?
    Originally posted by Ames
    Good point. Must take care to use the right words. Not easy when Scotch is to hand.

• miserable_ol_so_n_so
    • By miserable_ol_so_n_so 5th Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    • 458 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Got information from the horses mouth, the OPG, over the phone, so no written record. According to the call centre staff I spoke to, if you specify that the attorney must be fully compensated for performing specific tasks at a specified rate, then the attorney would be able to legitimately claim the compensation. That is what I have done.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,944Posts Today

8,900Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin