Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jk81
    • By jk81 18th Oct 16, 11:25 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jk81
    Defaults on DMP
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:25 PM
    Defaults on DMP 18th Oct 16 at 11:25 PM
    Hi,

I've been on a DMP for nearly 3 years and not missed a payment. I recently checked my credit file...some creditors have said all is ok, at worst says DM others however have said I was 3, 4,5 months late in paying which is untrue! Hsbc have said all is ok up until 2 months ago and some now applying defaults. I have a overdraft with HSBC and they have defaulted this whereas my cc with them is fine! I rang to ask why and was pretty useless and said doesn't know why.
    Are they just going down channel of passing to debt collectors and have to apply defaults first?
    Is there any thing I can do about this as credit file has taken a fair whack already.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jk81
Page 1
    • fermi
    • By fermi 19th Oct 16, 8:41 AM
    • 39,076 Posts
    • 46,881 Thanks
    fermi
    • 19th Oct 16, 8:41 AM
    • 19th Oct 16, 8:41 AM
    For FAQ - How long will my DMP affect my credit report?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 19th Oct 16, 8:56 AM
    • 3,717 Posts
    • 2,575 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 19th Oct 16, 8:56 AM
    • 19th Oct 16, 8:56 AM
    Hi,

I've been on a DMP for nearly 3 years and not missed a payment. I recently checked my credit file...some creditors have said all is ok, at worst says DM others however have said I was 3, 4,5 months late in paying which is untrue! Hsbc have said all is ok up until 2 months ago and some now applying defaults. I have a overdraft with HSBC and they have defaulted this whereas my cc with them is fine! I rang to ask why and was pretty useless and said doesn't know why.
    Are they just going down channel of passing to debt collectors and have to apply defaults first?
    Is there any thing I can do about this as credit file has taken a fair whack already.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jk81
    Originally posted by jk81
    If your on a DMP then you are 3/4/5 months late in paying as you have breached your contract with them. Defaults are good as they will be gone from your credit file sooner, the DM markers will affect your account longer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,124Posts Today

7,608Users online

Martin's Twitter