Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lordhardup
    • By lordhardup 18th Oct 16, 10:36 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    lordhardup
    P60 and wage slips
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:36 PM
    P60 and wage slips 18th Oct 16 at 10:36 PM
    advice needed.
    I have worked for my employer for 13 years and in this time I have only had one P60 and that was in 2012 and no wages slips at all. despite pleading for them year on year.
    I have know way of knowing that my tax and NI contributions are up to date and I am worried that I could get in trouble with HRMC.

HELP
    C. OF LINCOLN
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 18th Oct 16, 10:54 PM
    • 3,429 Posts
    • 2,119 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:54 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:54 PM
    HMRC can tell you if you phone them or use your online tax account.
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 19th Oct 16, 12:24 AM
    • 1,248 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 19th Oct 16, 12:24 AM
    • 19th Oct 16, 12:24 AM
    advice needed.
    I have worked for my employer for 13 years and in this time I have only had one P60 and that was in 2012 and no wages slips at all. despite pleading for them year on year.
    I have know way of knowing that my tax and NI contributions are up to date and I am worried that I could get in trouble with HRMC.

HELP
    C. OF LINCOLN
    Originally posted by lordhardup

Best requesting your NICs' record online.

www.gov.uk/check-national-insurance-record

It'll be your employer in trouble - not you - if they have failed to pay either, so don't worry about that.
    Last edited by Mersey; 19-10-2016 at 12:26 AM.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 19th Oct 16, 9:07 AM
    • 15,662 Posts
    • 11,365 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 19th Oct 16, 9:07 AM
    • 19th Oct 16, 9:07 AM

It'll be your employer in trouble - not you - if they have failed to pay either, so don't worry about that.
    Originally posted by Mersey
    It will, but with no payslips the OP has little proof of how much they were paid which could result in difficulty getting the correct amounts credited to their tax and NI accounts.
    • Takeaway_Addict
    • By Takeaway_Addict 19th Oct 16, 9:43 AM
    • 5,389 Posts
    • 6,084 Thanks
    Takeaway_Addict
    • 19th Oct 16, 9:43 AM
    • 19th Oct 16, 9:43 AM
    It will, but with no payslips the OP has little proof of how much they were paid which could result in difficulty getting the correct amounts credited to their tax and NI accounts.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    Unless paid CIH then bank statements would suffice surely?
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 19th Oct 16, 2:08 PM
    • 15,662 Posts
    • 11,365 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 19th Oct 16, 2:08 PM
    • 19th Oct 16, 2:08 PM
    Unless paid CIH then bank statements would suffice surely?
    Originally posted by Takeaway_Addict
    It would certainly help, but I wonder whether an employer who deliberately fails to provide payslips (and even worse, P60s) would pay by traceable means. Something for the OP to clarify.
    • lordhardup
    • By lordhardup 26th Oct 16, 10:13 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lordhardup
    • 26th Oct 16, 10:13 AM
    • 26th Oct 16, 10:13 AM
    it may be my employer that could be in trouble, but I would just like some piece of mind. thanks for your replies folks
    • hec2308
    • By hec2308 26th Oct 16, 1:48 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    hec2308
    • 26th Oct 16, 1:48 PM
    • 26th Oct 16, 1:48 PM
    it may be my employer that could be in trouble, but I would just like some piece of mind. thanks for your replies folks
    Originally posted by lordhardup
    Hi OP

I was in a similar position a few years ago. I kept records of any paying in slips every time I was paid and had to put the money in the bank and I also kept a notebook of my hours every week and how much I was paid. I fought and fought every month for a payslip and for my P60 with no results, and in the end it transpired that whilst I was working 60 hours a week, they had been telling their accountant I was working 20 hours a week so that they didn't have to pay as much NIC etc.

As long as you have records and proof you will be fine. I copied everything and sent it off to HMRC, and it was my ex-employers who were fined and made to pay the backdated contributions.
    • Majestic12
    • By Majestic12 31st Oct 16, 7:30 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Majestic12
    • 31st Oct 16, 7:30 PM
    • 31st Oct 16, 7:30 PM
    I know a P60 was issued but no wage slips? Two reasons I can think off:

1) The wage slips were getting posted to the wrong address (if they did get posted)

2) You were treated incorrectly as self-employed? Lets hope not!

Do other people get their wage slips?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,470Posts Today

6,363Users online

Martin's Twitter