Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Brooker Dave
    • By Brooker Dave 18th Oct 16, 10:36 PM
    • 4,731Posts
    • 3,085Thanks
    Brooker Dave
    amazon adventures
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:36 PM
    amazon adventures 18th Oct 16 at 10:36 PM
    I bought something on Amazon, off a third party seller, parcel arrives, something different, someone else's order.

So I contact them, but they ignore me, have another go, offer to return wrong order, but they say keep it and they'll send me what I actually ordered.

That was over a week ago, I messaged today, but no answer.

What is the best course of action?
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
Page 1
    • RFW
    • By RFW 19th Oct 16, 12:12 AM
    • 8,223 Posts
    • 4,825 Thanks
    RFW
    • 19th Oct 16, 12:12 AM
    • 19th Oct 16, 12:12 AM
    I bought something on Amazon, off a third party seller, parcel arrives, something different, someone else's order.

So I contact them, but they ignore me, have another go, offer to return wrong order, but they say keep it and they'll send me what I actually ordered.

That was over a week ago, I messaged today, but no answer.

What is the best course of action?
    Originally posted by Brooker Dave
    Complain to Amazon Customer services, it will get escalated to an AtoZ claim and you'll get a refund.

Sounds odd that an Amazon seller would ignore you, you get marked down for not answering messages within 24 hours. Is it a newer seller?

I actually had a problem with an Amazon seller myself. They were selling on one of my items, that I manufacture part of myself, so they couldn't actually be selling it. So I bought one.

The seller called and asked me if it was ok for them to send me something different. Some sellers will just list against a higher selling item in the hope that no one will notice the difference. Not sure if that's happened here or not.
    • Brooker Dave
    • By Brooker Dave 19th Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    • 4,731 Posts
    • 3,085 Thanks
    Brooker Dave
    • 19th Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    • 19th Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    Complain to Amazon Customer services, it will get escalated to an AtoZ claim and you'll get a refund.

Sounds odd that an Amazon seller would ignore you, you get marked down for not answering messages within 24 hours. Is it a newer seller?

I actually had a problem with an Amazon seller myself. They were selling on one of my items, that I manufacture part of myself, so they couldn't actually be selling it. So I bought one.

The seller called and asked me if it was ok for them to send me something different. Some sellers will just list against a higher selling item in the hope that no one will notice the difference. Not sure if that's happened here or not.
    Originally posted by RFW
    Quite a big seller from West London, ordered some airline fittings but got some 51p saw blades for a saw I don't have.

I'll see what the post brings and if nothing moan to Amazon.

How anyone makes a proper living selling high volume, but very low margin stuff is beyond me, one or two mistakes and it's a loss.
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

74Posts Today

3,498Users online

Martin's Twitter