Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Flyonthewall
    • By Flyonthewall 18th Oct 16, 9:02 PM
    • 4,057Posts
    • 2,776Thanks
    Flyonthewall
    Paypal Currency Converter
    • 18th Oct 16, 9:02 PM
    Paypal Currency Converter 18th Oct 16 at 9:02 PM
    Hi.

I'm looking at the Paypal Currency Exchange calculator.

At the top it says "How much it costs to transfer part or all of your balance in one currency to another, while you’re carrying out the currency conversion".

When I click calculate it says "This rate is our wholesale cost of foreign currency plus a currency conversion fee. This fee depends on the currency you are converting into. See the “Fees” > “Additional Fees” > “Currency Conversion Fee” section of the User Agreement for details."

It reads as though I'll be charged the amount stated as a fee, but the fee according to their page is 0.5% and the amount shown would be far more than that.

Is the amount shown when you click calculate the fee you pay or the amount you'll gain after fees have been taken off?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • Flyonthewall
    • By Flyonthewall 21st Oct 16, 11:24 AM
    • 4,057 Posts
    • 2,776 Thanks
    Flyonthewall
    • 21st Oct 16, 11:24 AM
    • 21st Oct 16, 11:24 AM
    Anyone know?

Got a stupidly small amount of USD I want to change, but it's not worth it if the calculated amount is the fees.
    • mariagb
    • By mariagb 21st Oct 16, 2:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mariagb
    • 21st Oct 16, 2:52 PM
    • 21st Oct 16, 2:52 PM
    Hello!
    Yes, the amount shown when you click on "calculate" is the final amount including the fee.
    • Flyonthewall
    • By Flyonthewall 21st Oct 16, 5:01 PM
    • 4,057 Posts
    • 2,776 Thanks
    Flyonthewall
    • 21st Oct 16, 5:01 PM
    • 21st Oct 16, 5:01 PM
    Hello!
    Yes, the amount shown when you click on "calculate" is the final amount including the fee.
    Originally posted by mariagb
    Thanks Was hoping that was the case.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,690Posts Today

6,415Users online

Martin's Twitter