Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sailbad the Sinner
    • By Sailbad the Sinner 18th Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 11Thanks
    Sailbad the Sinner
    UKCPS Have Cancelled My PCN!!!!
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    UKCPS Have Cancelled My PCN!!!! 18th Oct 16 at 8:26 PM
    Not sure what to make of this...

I got a windscreen ticket at Merthyr Leisure Village, middle of last month, for "Out of Marked Bay". I sent the template IPC appeal and expected years of harassment. Instead I've had a letter back from UKCPS telling me it's canceled!

Is it a cynical ploy to make their appeal statistics appear more reasonable?
    or
    Did they decide that as they are barred from the DVLA database and the driver wasn't identified then they may as well give up?
    or
    Have they been on the Road to Damascus?

They don't seem to have quite come to terms with the DVLA ban just yet, their letter still claims "we have electronic access to the DVLA database of Registered Keepers"

I'll keep this letter somewhere safe for 6 years just in case.

Thanks to all the regulars on this forum, loads of great info.
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 18th Oct 16, 8:52 PM
    • 5,353 Posts
    • 4,880 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:52 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:52 PM
    as you know UKCPS are currently banned from all ATAs and getting driver info , dependent on your appeal and the type of ticket , its possible that they would not legally be able to get the Reg keepers details ( ticket in car = min 28 days)
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 18th Oct 16, 9:21 PM
    • 4,113 Posts
    • 4,720 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 18th Oct 16, 9:21 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 9:21 PM
    UKCPS seem to be bad boys, well we know that already but we don't know why ???

The IPC are the bad boys of the industry and as their adjuication is as flawed as a moudly piece of Camembert, one wonders what the Gladstone boys are up to ???
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 18th Oct 16, 9:22 PM
    • 2,240 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 18th Oct 16, 9:22 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 9:22 PM
    well done .......

now can we ask if you will help us by supporting this campaign

This is a campaign of asking people to keep sending Theresa May actual hard copies of the trash they've been deluged with. Let her advisers' desks overflow with annoying paperwork re PPCs.

No emails, all letters from genuine people pouring their hearts out. Write to your MP as well as Mrs May:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211923909-Why-not-write-to-your-MP

The more the better, write it yourself if you are able and enclose copies of the threatograms and rubbish thrown at you.

Do not do this by email - make your paperwork land with a thump on desks, just like it all landed in a very unwelcome way on your doormat.

Apparently the DCLG are looking to make an announcement before the year end so let's make MP's and Mrs May aware that action needs to be strong. You can be sure that the BPA and IPC suits are lobbying Parliament and meeting their friends in suits.

So let the consumers' voices be heard.

thanks

Ralph
    • Sailbad the Sinner
    • By Sailbad the Sinner 18th Oct 16, 9:27 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Sailbad the Sinner
    • 18th Oct 16, 9:27 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 9:27 PM
    Did that weeks ago!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Oct 16, 12:48 AM
    • 40,372 Posts
    • 52,247 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Oct 16, 12:48 AM
    • 19th Oct 16, 12:48 AM
    Good!!

I wonder if UKCPS are cancelling the more difficult ones people are currently appealing because they (presumably) can't 'futilely go through the motions' of IAS stage. It isn't likely to be open to them I would assume, while not actively in the ATA or suspended for whatever reason.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 19th Oct 16, 8:49 AM
    • 24,254 Posts
    • 29,908 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 19th Oct 16, 8:49 AM
    • 19th Oct 16, 8:49 AM
    Bet this is used as data to prove that IAS/IPC DO accept appeals. Yeh I know it did not get to them but doubt that would stop them.
    Millies due back at Christmas.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

592Posts Today

3,456Users online

Martin's Twitter