Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chopper81
    • By Chopper81 18th Oct 16, 6:21 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Chopper81
    ReMortgage failed credit check
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:21 PM
    ReMortgage failed credit check 18th Oct 16 at 6:21 PM
    Went to see a mortgage broker to remortgage as our two year fixed expires at end of year. Our broker checked us over was very confident we would qualify for a great deal with Santander. We were really surprised when our application failed the credit check yesterday.

Our broker urged us to check our experian reports. We have both signed up (at a cost of £14:99 each). My partner found two missed payments showing for an orange mobile phone account which had nothing to do with her. This is a mistake and Orange have confirmed as much by phone as records clearly show my girlfriend has not missed a single payment ever. The call handler says she will refer to relevant dept but this may take five days. They are also unwilling to escalate the complaint to speed things up.

I feel this is totally unnaceptable and the mistake may have already cost us the remortgage deal we were seeking. Our broker says regardless of mistakes on a credit report Santander can be an absolute nightmare once an initial check has failed.

Has anyone had an experience of this before. We have perfect credit otherwise and feel gutted mistakes made by Orange may cost us financially.

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 18th Oct 16, 6:23 PM
    • 3,718 Posts
    • 2,576 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:23 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:23 PM
    Went to see a mortgage broker to remortgage as our two year fixed expires at end of year. Our broker checked us over was very confident we would qualify for a great deal with Santander. We were really surprised when our application failed the credit check yesterday.

Our broker urged us to check our experian reports. We have both signed up (at a cost of £14:99 each). My partner found two missed payments showing for an orange mobile phone account which had nothing to do with her. This is a mistake and Orange have confirmed as much by phone as records clearly show my girlfriend has not missed a single payment ever. The call handler says she will refer to relevant dept but this may take five days. They are also unwilling to escalate the complaint to speed things up.

I feel this is totally unnaceptable and the mistake may have already cost us the remortgage deal we were seeking. Our broker says regardless of mistakes on a credit report Santander can be an absolute nightmare once an initial check has failed.

Has anyone had an experience of this before. We have perfect credit otherwise and feel gutted mistakes made by Orange may cost us financially.

Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by Chopper81

cancel those immediately, a waste of money, £2 stat report is all you need
    • ACG
    • By ACG 18th Oct 16, 6:27 PM
    • 13,499 Posts
    • 6,648 Thanks
    ACG
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:27 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:27 PM
    £2report would have done the job ashas been mentioned.

You have loads of time to compelte before the end of the year on the new deal so dont stress over the timeframes.

You just need to get orange to sort it out and let it update and then see what is available when the time comes.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,483Posts Today

6,032Users online

Martin's Twitter