Billing address Credit Card

Hi, new to the forum. I was hoping anyone could help me out.

I am wanting to get a credit card in the UK but with my billing address registered in Kazakhstan as i will be using the credit card over there. I wan't to make sure that this is possible before applying and knocking my credit score.

Any information on this subject would be grateful.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You will need to be resident in the UK.
  • Yes I'm resident in the UK and a full British citizen. I already have a credit card. Just looking to get another with a UK company registered with my house in the UK but with a Kazakhstan address as the billing address.
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    You will need to give a UK address. Lenders will periodically - or pro-actively - close down accounts that move overseas.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    If you have a house in the UK, then why the need to have the Kazakhstan address as the billing one?

I don't see any UK cc companies sending a credit card abroad (when your card expires for example or if it was lost/stolen).

How about HSBC who have global branches? Or Amex might be a worth a try though?

What credit card were you looking to take out?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • I can take the credit card here with my UK billing address but then could i change it to my Kazakhstan address? The reason is I can't purchase items on the internet over there with my UK billing address on the card. Like i say i am quite unfamiliar with credit cards I'm sure im just overthinking this.
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    Aaron92 wrote: »
    I can take the credit card here with my UK billing address but then could i change it to my Kazakhstan address?

As I said, it will end up being closed.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    You will need a Kazakh credit card. As already suggested your best bet is to take out a card in the UK with a lender that has a presence in Kazakhstan and will issue you with a card there based on your UK credit history. Amex and HSBC both offer this service but I don't know if either have a presence in Kazakhstan.
  • Thank you for all your answers..Seems like this could be a hassle.. is they anywhere you can get prepaid/top up cards? Just need my Kazakhstan address as a billing address so I can make purchases online.

Damn hassle!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport