Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsWarren83
    • By MrsWarren83 18th Oct 16, 5:26 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    MrsWarren83
    MP Energy: Boiler replacement scheme
    • 18th Oct 16, 5:26 PM
    MP Energy: Boiler replacement scheme 18th Oct 16 at 5:26 PM
    Hi, does anybody have any experience with a company called MP Energy Team? Apparently I qualify for a new boiler fitting under a grant scheme but I'm always suspect of doorstep callers. Apparently they are based in Preston but I am in South Leeds. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Page 1
    • Mr K
    • By Mr K 18th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 634 Thanks
    Mr K
    • 18th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    Hi, does anybody have any experience with a company called MP Energy Team? Apparently I qualify for a new boiler fitting under a grant scheme but I'm always suspect of doorstep callers. Apparently they are based in Preston but I am in South Leeds. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Originally posted by MrsWarren83
    They're from the wrong side of the Pennines, of course they're scammers

( a good rule of thumb, is never buy anything from somebody on the doorstep, they aren't looking to do you a favour. Do your own research and take your time, if you think you need something)
    Last edited by Mr K; 18-10-2016 at 5:51 PM.
    • MrsWarren83
    • By MrsWarren83 18th Oct 16, 6:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MrsWarren83
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:29 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:29 PM
    Thank you Mr K. You're right of course. My problem is that I can never say no to these people!
    • face-t
    • By face-t 26th Oct 16, 2:13 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    face-t
    • 26th Oct 16, 2:13 AM
    • 26th Oct 16, 2:13 AM
    I have applied under Boiler Grant scheme with SSE and they assigned this company as a contractor to do the job [their phone number ending 418727 sent in official SSE letter].

PS
    I was just looking for them in ggogle and found nothing. I have a Q myself... but will get a new topic on that
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

277Posts Today

1,280Users online

Martin's Twitter