Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 18th Oct 16, 2:48 PM
    • 135Posts
    • 21Thanks
    MSE Callum
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Household costs on the rise as inflation hits 1%
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:48 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Household costs on the rise as inflation hits 1% 18th Oct 16 at 2:48 PM
    The rising cost of clothing, hotel stays and petrol has fuelled the highest rate of UK inflation in almost two years...
    Read the full story:
    'Household costs on the rise as inflation hits 1% – but there are plenty of ways to make savings'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 18-10-2016 at 6:56 PM.
Page 1
    • Pincher
    • By Pincher 18th Oct 16, 3:54 PM
    • 5,708 Posts
    • 2,070 Thanks
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:54 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:54 PM
    I wish somebody would do a comparison between shopping in bulk from Costco, and shopping in supermarkets.

Just bought 12 x 75ml Sensodyne toothpaste, at coupon price, for £20.40, inc VAT.

Full RRP appears to be £3.50 x 12 = £42.

As for quoting coupon price, why would you buy toothpaste when it's not coupon price?

I think bananas and milk are cheaper outside Costco, if you shop around, because they are loss leaders.
    What happens if you push this button?
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 18th Oct 16, 6:38 PM
    • 2,150 Posts
    • 4,609 Thanks
    The Last Username
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:38 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:38 PM
    Oh please, 1%?

Inflation was higher (just for example) three years ago - 2013.
    Over 2% inflation was then; did we see such stories from MSE at that time?
    Fuel then was often over £1-40 per litre too.

A non-story playing to those with little else to do than worry about the effects of a referendum, the result of which has yet to be enacted.
    MSE should know better.
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    The internet can be a dangerous place. Be alert.
    There is an international shortage of lerts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,663Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Superb and chilling piece on #newsnight right now, animated reading from someone under ISIS rule in Mosul

• In my view that's a usually a mistake see my

• Does anyone know when we get US election results - ie is it a watch it overnight on morning of 9nov or watch the next day, or is it days?

• Follow Martin