Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BakerGal
    • By BakerGal 18th Oct 16, 2:11 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    BakerGal
    Please help desperate need for help/guidance
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:11 PM
    Please help desperate need for help/guidance 18th Oct 16 at 2:11 PM
    Hello community. I'm reaching out for anyone who can help or advise us. My father died in December 2006 in Spain. His girlfriend at the time did not tell us he had passed away suddenly, declared my father had no children and no will. He was cremated 24 hours after death. The girlfriend since disappeared taking all of my fathers assists and illegally clearing his sole bank accounts. Back in 2007 I did inform the police but it wasn't pursued, probably due to the crimes taking place in Spain. My father was a successful business man who was a business partner to a large well known plumbing/power tools distributor. In time we have learned to let this go as there is nothing we can do about it, despite spending a small fortune on private investigators.
    However, my query today is in relation to life insurance policies he took out with regards to me and my sister. My father himself told me about these policies as did his business partner of 35 years, but it is unknown which insurance company these were held with. It's a minefield! I've been advised that I would need to contact EVERY insurance company and ask for them to check their archives for these policies, given my father died ten years ago. One company suggested by his business partner is not even trading anymore. The whole matter is quite upsetting and to have to 'tell my story' to every single insurance company is overwhelming and something I don't feel I can do emotionally. Is there a central registration where all policy details are held and can be checked or if there is any advice or guidance that can be offered to us.... It's all quite upsetting and just brings it all back
    Last edited by BakerGal; 18-10-2016 at 2:43 PM. Reason: spelling error
Page 1
    • rs65
    • By rs65 18th Oct 16, 7:58 PM
    • 4,931 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    rs65
    • 18th Oct 16, 7:58 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 7:58 PM
    https://www.abi.org.uk/Insurance-and-savings/Tools-and-resources/Tracing-an-insurance-policy

Remember you don't have to tell the story. Simply, you are trying to trace policies for your late father.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

74Posts Today

3,498Users online

Martin's Twitter