Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bike234
    • By bike234 18th Oct 16, 1:32 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bike234
    Online purchase - delivered item not what I bought
    • 18th Oct 16, 1:32 PM
    Online purchase - delivered item not what I bought 18th Oct 16 at 1:32 PM
    I ordered and paid £19.99 for what I was led to believe were a set of 3 pizza cutting boards (small, medium, large) from a seller on Amazon Marketplace. One small board was delivered. I messaged the seller saying I am assuming the medium and large boards will follow shortly. The seller replied:
    "The order is for only one, the small size. Your order is correct. There are three sizes to choose, you chose small size, regards"
    I replied:
    "At no point on your page is there the opportunity to select a size. The sizes are bullet point listed but no "action" can be carried out. So clicking on Add to Basket, adds one; one set, as in the set of 3 shown in the image. Your sales invoice confirms 1 QTY Mango Wood Pizza Boards (Assorted) with 3 codes PB3603 PB3602 PB3601.
    I look forward to receiving the remaining two boards"
    The seller replied:
    I am sorry for the confusion, this is our error, the item was put on to be a listing with three different sizes and 3 different prices, we can see that the listing did not go live correctly I am afraid. It has now been removed as the whole set would be near 100.00 due to the items being made of mango wood. The small board is £19.99.
    I do apologise if you care to return the item to me I will of course refund the amount back to you straight away"
    A FREEPOST address was given.

I thought I was buying 3 boards for £19.99. They have mislead me. Do I have any rights to demand they send me the other 2 boards?

Any suggestions and what Act I can quote will be greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 18th Oct 16, 1:36 PM
    • 490 Posts
    • 327 Thanks
    cono1717
    • 18th Oct 16, 1:36 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 1:36 PM
    You could pursue a loss of bargain through the courts since it is a breach of contract. Alternatively you could just accept the retailer made a mistake and request your money back - have they updated the original listing? If so it seems like a genuine mistake and the decision then rests with you and how much you want to battle over it.

If not it seems like snide tactics and I'd be more inclined to take them to court.
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 18th Oct 16, 2:38 PM
    • 10,207 Posts
    • 7,363 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:38 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:38 PM
    Contracts can be void for mistake - including unilateral mistake (where only 1 party make a mistake and the other party was aware - or should have reasonably been aware - it was a mistake). A quick google and it seems £20 is the cheapest you can get 1 of these boards and the cheapest you get the medium & large boards for are around £30 & £50 respectively.

I dont believe OP could successfully argue £19.99 is a realistic price for 3 boards when it seems to be the cheapest you can get the smallest board on its own.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • fleshandbone
    • By fleshandbone 18th Oct 16, 3:29 PM
    • 445 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    fleshandbone
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:29 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:29 PM
    If it looks to good to be true.........then it usually is.
    Live and let live, love and not hate, sing and be joyous, respect all mankind and natures gifts
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 18th Oct 16, 3:34 PM
    • 8,625 Posts
    • 5,650 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:34 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:34 PM
    I ordered and paid £19.99 for what I was led to believe were a set of 3 pizza cutting boards (small, medium, large) from a seller on Amazon Marketplace. One small board was delivered. I messaged the seller saying I am assuming the medium and large boards will follow shortly. The seller replied:
    "The order is for only one, the small size. Your order is correct. There are three sizes to choose, you chose small size, regards"
    I replied:
    "At no point on your page is there the opportunity to select a size. The sizes are bullet point listed but no "action" can be carried out. So clicking on Add to Basket, adds one; one set, as in the set of 3 shown in the image. Your sales invoice confirms 1 QTY Mango Wood Pizza Boards (Assorted) with 3 codes PB3603 PB3602 PB3601.
    I look forward to receiving the remaining two boards"
    The seller replied:
    I am sorry for the confusion, this is our error, the item was put on to be a listing with three different sizes and 3 different prices, we can see that the listing did not go live correctly I am afraid. It has now been removed as the whole set would be near 100.00 due to the items being made of mango wood. The small board is £19.99.
    I do apologise if you care to return the item to me I will of course refund the amount back to you straight away"
    A FREEPOST address was given.

I thought I was buying 3 boards for £19.99. They have mislead me. Do I have any rights to demand they send me the other 2 boards?

Any suggestions and what Act I can quote will be greatly appreciated.
    Originally posted by bike234
    They haven't misled you, they made a mistake and have rectified it. If you're not happy then return for a full refund.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

552Posts Today

3,585Users online

Martin's Twitter