Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Luke
    • By MSE Luke 18th Oct 16, 1:15 PM
    • 181Posts
    • 41Thanks
    MSE Luke
    0 WOW
    Toys R Us's Xmas layaway scheme is it all it's cracked up to be?
    • 18th Oct 16, 1:15 PM
    0 WOW
    Toys R Us's Xmas layaway scheme is it all it's cracked up to be? 18th Oct 16 at 1:15 PM
    'Toys R Us's layaway scheme is hugely popular on Facebook and in the papers as a way to spread the cost of Christmas presents...'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 20-10-2016 at 3:15 PM.
Page 1
    • MMF007
    • By MMF007 23rd Oct 16, 3:30 PM
    • 516 Posts
    • 12,749 Thanks
    MMF007
    • 23rd Oct 16, 3:30 PM
    • 23rd Oct 16, 3:30 PM
    I am not sure how this physicaly works from the shop manager's point of view. Surely they are not going to actually store the items? Are they just going to rely kn having the stock avail in the store when you make you final payment? If, on the other hand, the trolley of toys is stored at the shop for collection once fully paid for ( assume packed into a space as small as poss, rather than actually in a trolley!), the shop's storage space will surely be pretty congested, even without extra stock for xmas being delivered rregularly?

Don't know anyone who has tried it but I'd be a bit worried about not getting all my stuff back and it being in good condition.

My biggest worry though would be that as other shops have price promotions the items you have committed to at
    TrUs will be available for much less elsewhere. If you cancel there is a 10 fee on top of the setting up fee.

Some people may be able to save the 5 fee and set aside the necessary money to go and shop once they reach their total, rather than choosing the goods in-store then saving up for them, but I know budgeting as layaway helps some people.
    Last edited by MMF007; 23-10-2016 at 3:42 PM.
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,119Posts Today

5,457Users online

Martin's Twitter