Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Summer Dreams
    • By Summer Dreams 18th Oct 16, 12:20 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 12Thanks
    Summer Dreams
    Bathroom fitted cracked my tiles
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:20 PM
    Bathroom fitted cracked my tiles 18th Oct 16 at 12:20 PM
    Just had a new bathroom fitted, upon cleaning I noticed 2 floor tiles are cracked where he drilled the radiator into the floor. He didn't even mention to me when he did it!! They're not the thickest of cracks but still cracks. Can I expect him to help replace the tiles or reduce his fee?
Page 1
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 18th Oct 16, 12:41 PM
    • 8,695 Posts
    • 9,756 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:41 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:41 PM
    Any professional bathroom fitter should have the tools and expertise to enable them to drill tiles without cracking them so yes, I would fully expect him to replace or get someone else to replace them.
    Do you have a couple of spare tiles or can are these a design that can still be purchased?
    • Summer Dreams
    • By Summer Dreams 19th Oct 16, 5:21 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Summer Dreams
    • 19th Oct 16, 5:21 PM
    • 19th Oct 16, 5:21 PM
    thanks, yes i have plenty of spare tiles. I just wondered if I should expect him to do this as everyone throughout my building work refuses to take responsibility when things go wrong!
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 19th Oct 16, 7:05 PM
    • 14,583 Posts
    • 10,377 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 19th Oct 16, 7:05 PM
    • 19th Oct 16, 7:05 PM
    thanks, yes i have plenty of spare tiles. I just wondered if I should expect him to do this as everyone throughout my building work refuses to take responsibility when things go wrong!
    Originally posted by Summer Dreams
    I think you get what you pay for.
    Stage payments?
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 20th Oct 16, 9:10 AM
    • 484 Posts
    • 322 Thanks
    cono1717
    • 20th Oct 16, 9:10 AM
    • 20th Oct 16, 9:10 AM
    It depends on how much hassle you want to cause - you could go down the road of asking for his public liability details or just ask him to re-do them. Have you spoke to the fitter before posting this?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,111Posts Today

8,677Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @itvMLshow: Tonight #MartinLewis looks into our family finances; Marriage tax allowance, student loans and child tax credit, 8pm on @ITV?

• Don't forget 8pm tonight ITV - should be a good show. As always my aim is to, in effect, pay you to watch #martinlewis money show

• RT @bbc5live: After midday, money-saving @MartinSLewis will be here to answer your financial questions ????https://t.co/UQMSd5TKbb https://t.?

• Follow Martin