Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Misspayne2
    • By Misspayne2 18th Oct 16, 12:09 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Private parking ticket with wrong year on it
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:09 PM
    Private parking ticket with wrong year on it 18th Oct 16 at 12:09 PM
    Hi on Sunday I recieved a parking ticket from a private car park. There was nowhere to park at the supermarket and it was closing in 30mins so I parked round the corner where the carpark is private for a shop that's there but the shop was shut like it is every Sunday and it's free parking Sunday where I am so I didn't think it was that bad. Was literally gone for 10mins came back and found a ticket on my car. The yellow ticket said PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE but the slip inside says PARKING CHARGE NOTICE 🤔 Anyhow while reading the ticket I noticed they had not put the colour of my vehicle they had not signed it and have put the complete wrong year so instead of it saying 16/10/16 it says 16/10/11 but the 11 at the end looks more like a 1. Should I ignore this or appeal it on the mistake
Page 2
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th Oct 16, 9:56 PM
    • 35,822 Posts
    • 72,208 Thanks
    Thank you. Il wait and see what Happens. Surely though it being dated 2011 they have well and truly gone past there 28/56 day NTK period
    Originally posted by Misspayne2
    As mentioned above, the person who wrote the NTD may have used an unfamiliar non-standard date format. You need to wait to see what date format is used on the NTK before we can comment furthar
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Oct 16, 9:02 AM
    • 39,392 Posts
    • 50,950 Thanks
    Thank you. Il wait and see what Happens. Surely though it being dated 2011 they have well and truly gone past there 28/56 day NTK period
    Originally posted by Misspayne2
    Indeed. Edna Basher has nailed it with his description of this bunch:
    Cascade Financial Ltd t/a National Parking Control - a bunch of rank amateurs
    Not exactly keen on suing people like ParkingEye do:

Court claims are like hen's teeth from this lot and would be defendable of course. You will be ignoring debt collector letters till the cows come home, which has no effect on your credit rating (but do check each letter and if you move house within SIX YEARS tell the idiots, this is why):

and please read all of that thread and join our campaign. Instead of responding to the chancers, channel that energy and anger about this rubbish invoice, 'debt' threatograms and six year 'credit clamping' threat by sending letters of complaint as shown.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 20th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    • 436 Posts
    • 1,114 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    It may be worthwhile contacting the DVLA before the window opens for the parking company to apply for the keeper's details. If you can beat Cascade Financial Ltd to it, you just might be able to save yourself from any more hassle from them.

I suggest that you provide the DVLA with copies of the evidence that you already have (e.g. the dodgy "Penalty Charge Notice" envelope, invalid PCN dated 2011, the claim on the PCN of BPA approved operator status, even though this accreditation lapsed 9 months ago) and explain that in view of Cascade Financial Ltd's multiple breaches of its KADOE Contract, the DVLA has no just cause on this particular occasion to release keeper information to this company.

You can remind the DVLA of its duty of care to safeguard keepers' personal information, highlighting how you reasonably require that they do not disclose your information to Cascade Financial Ltd, explaining that if they do, you shall reserve all rights in respect of any breach by the DVLA of its data protection duties of care.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 20th Oct 16, 9:44 PM
    • 9,382 Posts
    • 8,146 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Er, because we live in the UK where the UK and International standard date format is DD/MM/YY, but I take your point, it could be the American version.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Spent a working lifetime in IT. Dates were always stored in yymmdd format to enable computers to calculate number of days etc between 2 dates.

I don't know if you remember the dreaded millennium bug at the end of the 20th century? That was because too many systems used the yymmdd format instead of yyyymmdd which meant that, for example, 3rd January 2000 was computed before 28th December 1999, ie (000103 <> 991228). There were literally thousands of programs and data structures that had to be expanded to full 4-digit years so that 20000103 showed up as after 19991228.

Now that we are 17 years into the 21st century, maybe bad habits are returning.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

22Posts Today

4,076Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Magwa61: @MartinSLewis thank you Sorry I thought it was you, conning sids ????????????????????????????????????

• No. It's NEVER the right way to switch energy. Please don't confused these 'moneyexpert' sales reps with my site mo?

• The MSE weekly email: Energy hike warning, No7 trick, £400 marriage bonus, £3 photo mug, railcard 15%off, 3.1% loan

• Follow Martin